Who will be the biggest college dog to win next weekend?!

Illini_in_AZ

EOG Enthusiast
Re: Who will be the biggest college dog to win next weekend?!

Don't sleep on Central Michigan at Arizona.

The better QB - by a longshot - dresses for the visiting team.

Illini_in_AZ

EOG Enthusiast

I've seen that here a couple of times - I know nothing about LA Tech. Do they have enough talent to beat Auburn straight up?

That's sort of my rule of thumb for playing dogs...

I don't think that La. Tech has enough to win outright, but if Auburn does not come up with some semblence of an offense, Tech can easily cover.

Nicky

EOG Member

This will be interesting. I could see Auburn slipping up. I don't trust Chizek one bit. I agree they probably don't lose straight up but I could see LA Tech getting stopped in the fourth quarter for a close finish.

Arizona could definitely get beat. Tuitama was that whole offense. I know Grigsby is good and the tight end Gronkowski is an all conference player. CMU has nothing to lose and will throw the whole playbook at UofA. Lefevour is always dangerous.

Toledo could take Purdue straight up in my opinion. Purdue is a struggling program. Toledo has a new attitude and is ready to shock a big 10 team. Purdue shouldn't be laying double digits to anyone. I understand Toledo is bad on the road but this is Purdue. I would take two touchdowns for sure. It will stay around +11 though.

pags11

EOG Dedicated

am I crazy to think that SDSU has a chance to beat UCLA?...I do think they have a shot though...

global24

EOG Veteran

LA Tech as noted above.......LA Tech is returning a lot of offensive starters and are getting very juiced up for this game. While at Auburn it is another beat down game. The fans are excited to see the new offense and early word out of Auburn is that the players are not buying into Chizek's new system as much as they should.

I guess most of the players still are heart broken (if that's what you wish to call it) over the firing over Coach Tubs and this is there way of boycotting the athletic department decision.

The way things are going at Michigan, they may be looking at another upset. RR has already decided to go the "quarterback by committee" route,indicating that he does not have a clue as to what he is going to do this year. Michigan also gets Notre Dame next, and I am sure that RR is thinking about that game.

Georgia should be able to dominate Okie State in the trenches. Whether or not that will make up for the huge advantage in the skilled postion players that Okie State has remains to be seen.

Obviously Oregon can upset Boise. While Oregon has lost talent at the WR position, and needs to retool their offensive line, Boise is very thin at their defensive line position, and on the left side of their offensive line.

8th Wonder

EOG Member

Don't sleep on Central Michigan at Arizona.

The better QB - by a longshot - dresses for the visiting team.

I agree here. Been looking at this game as a dog play. CMU should be able to score against the aggressive Zona D. Also, it seems like Nick Foles would be the better option for Zona at qb--I predict he'll be the qb early in the year? A qb controversy maybe? The Cats also lose three starters up front but do have good size on the OL. What would worry me as a CMU supporter is the fact they haven't fared well vs. the run against BCS teams in years past. However, D is kinda the theme in Mt. Pleasant--along with LeFevour--this year as ten starters return to a defense that got better, even with a number of inuries last year.

Don't know if CMU wins it. Nic Grigsby is a good rb IMO. Arizona should be physical on defense. But, I do like the Chippewas +13.5.

Keep an eye out for Colorado St. vs. the Buffs on Sunday. I think CSU may put up a lot of points all year. Stucker is a mobile qb behind the most exp OL in CFB. An OVER team this year for sure. D may not be good enough to beat Hawkins' bunch. But they could scare them.

8th Wonder

EOG Member

LA Tech as noted above.......LA Tech is returning a lot of offensive starters and are getting very juiced up for this game. While at Auburn it is another beat down game. The fans are excited to see the new offense and early word out of Auburn is that the players are not buying into Chizek's new system as much as they should.

I guess most of the players still are heart broken (if that's what you wish to call it) over the firing over Coach Tubs and this is there way of boycotting the athletic department decision.

You know, Gus Malzahn was at Arkansas in 2006 and was credited for a lot of the Hogs' success that year. What a lot of people, in Arkansas and abroad, don't necessarily get/remember was how awful the offense looked in the first four games that year (don't take my word for it--go look). After the bye week in week five of that season, Arkansas was fortunate enough to have a killer run-block line and DMac, Felix Jones, and Peyton Hillis in the backfield, so they got 'conservative'. And ran it down teams throats. Which started the whole Houston Nutt/Mitch Mustain/Mitch's Mom/Malzahn saga...

My point is, Auburn doesn't have the personnel yet to run this, or any other version of the spread offense with wide spacing on the OL. Obviously Auburn is not going to scrap what they've done thus far. It's just a transition. What sucks for the kids there is, they were a highly touted bunch that's had some crazy stuff go on there. They are frustrated because they know they aren't part of the big plan and are likely to have an unsuccessful tenure by Auburn or their own standards.

def a good shot for aztecs

San Diego State picked the wrong time to switch to a 3-3-5. First, UCLA will run them to death. Secondly, they lost 2 of their starting 5 DB's due to injury. That, plus the fact that UCLA owns San Diego State, and is 9-1 in their last 10 openers ATS, make this a good wager on UCLA. Maybe the only one this year.

Illini_in_AZ

EOG Enthusiast

I agree here. Been looking at this game as a dog play. CMU should be able to score against the aggressive Zona D. Also, it seems like Nick Foles would be the better option for Zona at qb--I predict he'll be the qb early in the year? A qb controversy maybe? The Cats also lose three starters up front but do have good size on the OL. What would worry me as a CMU supporter is the fact they haven't fared well vs. the run against BCS teams in years past. However, D is kinda the theme in Mt. Pleasant--along with LeFevour--this year as ten starters return to a defense that got better, even with a number of inuries last year.

Don't know if CMU wins it. Nic Grigsby is a good rb IMO. Arizona should be physical on defense. But, I do like the Chippewas +13.5.

Keep an eye out for Colorado St. vs. the Buffs on Sunday. I think CSU may put up a lot of points all year. Stucker is a mobile qb behind the most exp OL in CFB. An OVER team this year for sure. D may not be good enough to beat Hawkins' bunch. But they could scare them.

Thanks for the info... I've already jumped on CMU +12.5 and again at 13.5 - I think the money is moving the wrong way, which isn't uncommon in opening week games between 1 BCS conference school and a non-BCS conference school.

I also hit WMU +11.5 at Michigan, and based on the feedback in this thread, I'm looking really hard at taking LA Tech.

pags11

EOG Dedicated

good to hear you are thinking that way romanski...

benny0420

EOG Dedicated

am I crazy to think that SDSU has a chance to beat UCLA?...I do think they have a shot though...

Never say never. Is there a look ahead factor for UCLA??

<TABLE id=schedtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=tr-hilite id=1046409 title=2009,8,05,19,45,00 vAlign=top bgColor=#d1d1d1 atvs="vs." timestamp="2009,8,05,19,45,00" schoolcode="ucla" recap="null" timer="115537865" origClass="event-listing"><TD class=row-text>09/05/09</TD><TD class=row-text>vs. San Diego State </TD><TD class=row-text>Rose Bowl</TD><TD class=row-text>4:30 p.m. PT</TD></TR><TR class="" id=1046411 title=2009,8,12,16,00,00 vAlign=top bgColor=#f1f1f1><TD class=row-text>09/12/09</TD><TD class=row-text>at Tennessee </TD><TD class=row-text>Knoxville, TN</TD><TD class=row-text>4:00 p.m. ET</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yes why Yes there is..............................................................:cheers

cheapseats

EOG Master

Starting to think this too

no, not going to happen, rick and norm alone will find a way to win

the drop-off of ability from these two schools is huge, states best are stilll bruins 2nds....now the cover, thats another story

the drop-off of ability from these two schools is huge, states best are stilll bruins 2nds....now the cover, thats another story

As crazy as it may sound, I'll take SDSU's coordinators over UCLA's coordinators.

Apple

Banned

UCLA's offensive line sucks, QB play is questionable once again.. SDST has the 2nd best QB in the MW, a new lease on life with new Ball State coach.. I wouldn't be floored if SDST won..

UCLA is a mistake prone team, fumbles/INTs idiotic crap..

Best dog for Saturday IMO as biggest would be Western Mich....ML is at +325

Illini_in_AZ

EOG Enthusiast

Best dog for Saturday IMO as biggest would be Western Mich....ML is at +325

:cheers

I'll be all over that once I can make ML bets on my site...

Speaking of... even with all of the in-fighting at Michigan, the line continues to move as if the money is flowing in for the home team. WMU is now a 12.5 pt. dog on SBG Global.

FYI... CMU is now a 13.5 pt. dog at Arizona... with Dan LeFevour under center vs. a kid who will be starting his first college game.

Value.

:cheers

I'll be all over that once I can make ML bets on my site...

Speaking of... even with all of the in-fighting at Michigan, the line continues to move as if the money is flowing in for the home team. WMU is now a 12.5 pt. dog on SBG Global.

FYI... CMU is now a 13.5 pt. dog at Arizona... with Dan LeFevour under center vs. a kid who will be starting his first college game.

Value.
I agree, Danny boy is going to have a good year

pags11

EOG Dedicated

hinesward,

good to hear you feel that way...

Apple

Banned

Yeah i lean CMU totally.. Maybe the heat will tire them?