Any love for the Red Sox tonight

Just Luck

EOG Dedicated
Red Sox coming in off of back to back sweeps at Tampa and the Yanks having lost 6 in a row on the road finally come home to Fenway where they are 35-17 and 13-5 against the Central division and 3-0 against Detroit this season. The Tigers come to town with a 23-33 road record and only 7-14 against the eastern division.

Jackson has pitched great all year with a 2.62 era but the team is only 12-10 when he pitches and 4-8 when he pitches on the road. Penny 5-2 at home and the team is7-4 when he pitches at Fenway. This seems like a perfect spot for the Red Sox to breakout of their funk and at -105 sure looks like a lot of value.

So what am I missing would love any comments.

ballwonder

EOG Master
Re: Any love for the Red Sox tonight

I am not sure, it almost has sucker all over it. Getting swept by the yanks, most would think they come back home and beat the living shit out of detroit which is basically a pick em. I mean lean Detroit here.

The heart of the Boston lineup has hit a combined .056 against AJ, Joba, CC, and Andy (forgive me if my math if slightly off but Im going off memory). All of these pitchers have taken more than a lions share of criticism at some point in the season for being, if not horrible, at least overated. Maybe they all just figured out how to juice up again without being caught and the Sox are still dumping out thier medicine cabinets in the wake of the big Papi scare.

Zuzubar

EOG Member

Newsflash- Edwin Jackson is good this year. Brad Penny sucks. Home/away records don't mean much to this matchup. I don't believe how Edwin Jackson pitched at Fenway last year has significant bearing on this game. He's a whole new pitcher.

Gimme the Red Socks over the Tigers at Fenway 8 times out of 10 past the allstar break.. this slump is just baseball. Socks are gonna stay in the race with the yankees that means beating up on a Tigers squad to me..

Just Luck

EOG Dedicated

Thanks for the input I respect the opinion of the cappers on both sides makes this one tough. Jackson clearly the better pitcher.