Phil Hughes vs Joba

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated
Strange. Both these guys have somewhat struggled in a starting role (Hughes has really struggled) but have dominated in the 8th inning hold role.

Phil Hughes currently is on a 17.2 inning scoreless streak only giving up 7 hits and 3 walks while striking out 21....

Nasty...

mofome

Banned
Re: Phil Hughes vs Joba

I don't think its strange. Each was brought up before they should have been. They never learned how to start in the minors. They blew people away. They needed to work on all sorts of things before rushing them up. The majors is a tough place to learn.

Hughes, without any question in my mind, will be a very good starter. I think Joba was made to close.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated
Re: Phil Hughes vs Joba

I don't think its strange. Each was brought up before they should have been. They never learned how to start in the minors. They blew people away. They needed to work on all sorts of things before rushing them up. The majors is a tough place to learn.

Hughes, without any question in my mind, will be a very good starter. I think Joba was made to close.

I agree Mo. I think they have them in the wrong roles right now. Joba should be the 8th inning guy (until Mariano retires) and Hughes should be a starter.