winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Re: Joey Fitz Soccer 2009

Forget about Hull.

Will Newcastle be relegated ?

I say no + 100

If you say yes + 100

We have a bet.

i am saying IF it comes down to Hull or Newcastle being relegated it will NOT be Hull - it will be Newcastle. i think the chances of Newcastle being relegated are decent - it will hinge largely on TWO games

Stoke
Hull City

Stoke WILL beat Newcastle this week and in doing so guarantee themselves of being in the EPL in 2009-10

Hull/Newcastel will be a MONSTER game - one Newcastle MUST win and Hull must NOT lose

Blackburn + 1.5 - 122
Chelsea - 1.5 - 110 2 units
Hull DRAW + 235
Portsmouth - .5 - 130
Sunderland + 1 + 110
Tottenham - .5 - 135
Newcastle PK + 120

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

what a race it looks like it will be in the EPL - as usual the BOTTOM looks like it will be a lot more exciting than the top

with 'Boro's win today 1 more win by a team in the "drop zone" would probably lift them out of it and into safety - for now

EPL

Aston Villa – .5 – 150 2 units<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Fulham + .5 – 130<o:p></o:p>
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Bolton</st1:place> + .5 + 105<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on">Blackburn</st1:place> + .5 – 150 2 units<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on">Sunderland</st1:place> - .5 - 102

Championship
<o:p></o:p>
<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Birmingham</st1:place></st1:City> - .5 + 125<o:p></o:p>
QPR + 1 + 100 2 units<o:p></o:p>
<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">

Genoa
</st1:place></st1:City> - .5 - 115<o:p></o:p>
Inter PK + 109

FA Cup

Chelsea PK - 130 3 units<o:p></o:p>

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

EPL

Fulham + .5 ? 130
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Blackburn</st1:place> + .5 ? 150 2 units

NOPE!

against ya both times here

'Boro +120
Stoooooooooooooke +135

think i get at least 1

glavlit

EOG Member

like the sunderland squad to rise from the relegation over the fading tigers of hull.

I agree I still think Hull go down, despite their amazing start to the season, probably with Boro and the obviously relegated West Brom.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I agree I still think Hull go down, despite their amazing start to the season, probably with Boro and the obviously relegated West Brom.

nice 1-1 day today getting Stooooooooke home

WBA is the no brainer

Boro could have taken a MASSIVE step towards staying up but only getting 1 point @ home today vs Fulham can't help

Hull - i do think they go down NEXT season - but think they built up a big enuf cushion at the start to stay up. i think they win 1 game and get a draw somewhere else to finish with 38 and that should be enuf by a point or so to stay up

Stoke today pretty much guaranteed they will be playing in the EPL in 2009-10 and that is amazing. many pre-season picks had them finishing dead last and for them to be almost assured of staying up is amazing. to me Rory Delap is the EPL MVP - w/o him Stoke has fewer points than WBA

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Hull/Blackburn.....34
'Boro........31
Newcastle.......30

gonna be VERY interesting down the stretch run

Monday Aprl 27 Newcastle MUST get all 3 at home vs Portsmouth because Hull hosts 'Pool this coming weekend and 'Boro is at Arsenal so we know what will happen there

Sunday May 3 Newcastle is at 'Pool and Man U @ "Boro so we know what will happen there and Monday May 4 Hull is at Aston Villa - and the way Villa is playing Hull CAN get a valuable point there

the next weekend is a crucial one. Monday May 11 newcastle hosts 'Boro - if either side gets 3 points the one that doesn't is DEAD. On Sunday May 10 Hull hosts Stoke and simply put Hull MUST get 3 points here - MUST. get 3 here and it might mean the difference bewtween staying up or being relegated

May 16 Newcastle hosts Fulham - no easy 3 points there at allHull is at Bolton so 1 point would be nice - probably won't get it. 'Boro hosts Villa and they could get 3 points there

May 24 - season finale........Newcastle @ Villa - and Villa might need 3 points for Europe. 'Boro @ West Ham. Hull hosts Man U and at first glance that doesn't look good HOWEVER...........IF Man U has things all wrapped up don't be shocked if Sir Alex sits many regulars since they have the FA Cup Final 6 days later and i believe the Champions League finale is May 19 or 20 and if so....and Man U makes it there they might rest a lot of players if the EPL is clinched by then and if so and Hull needs a point i think they can get it IF it is a meaningless game for Man U

to me the 2 biggest games are 'Boro @ Newcastle and Stoke @ Hull

i stand by what i said - Hull STAYS UP......this season - they probably go down next one but they huge cushion they built up to start the season will (barely) save them

glavlit

EOG Member

is good opinion no? this fitz comrade is good peoples. the duck has strong feelings no and welcome the input as well. as they say cheers.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

2 fer Saturday

Bolton +185: although something tells me this one ends in a 1-1 draw i am still gonna hope Bolton slips one more home than Villa

and for this one - i just have a hunch - i know that is NOT a solid reason to play it but i justhave a hunch and at this price why not

You can count on ONE HAND - and have fingers left over - the number of times i have bet a game to be a DRAW but i am here:

Hull/Liverpool DRAW +315

there isn't one valid reason to play this - 'Pool should KILL them but something just tells me this one ends 0-0 or 1-1 and Hull gets a DESPARATELY needed point in its fight to stay up and just about KILLING 'Pool's clim chances of catching Man U at the top. once again i can't make a valid case for this play - other than a hunch

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Bolton</st1:place> DRAW + 235<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Everton DRAW + 265<o:p></o:p>
Fulham DRAW + 265<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on">Liverpool</st1:place> - .5 – 250 2 units<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on">Sunderland</st1:place> DRAW + 235<o:p></o:p>
Spurs + 1 PK<o:p></o:p>

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Joey - the play was allowed to stand - you know what i mean from the PM

Monday: REAL SIMPLE HERE

IF Newcastle is going to play in the EPL in 2009-10 they MUST get 3 points today vs Portsmouth. ANYTHING LESS AND THEY ARE DONE! IF they get 3 points it now gets very interesting and their chances of playing in the EPL improve dramatically. Lose and THEY ARE DONE!

Joey - Man U's comeback Saturday was UNREAL! and the biggest winner in it all may have been Hull City. I say that because if Man U loses - that last game @ Hull probably means something and they go at it 100%. Now the chances of that game meaning something are a lot less likely and IF the game means nothing to them odds are a lot of players might sit out. Hull has NO CHANCE to get any points against a Man U team needing points. Hull has a DAMN GOOD chance to get even 3 points vs Man U if the game means nothing to the Devils - and especially if Man U is playing in the Champs League finale

i think we both agree West Brom and 'Boro are DONE - but who #3 will be - VERY interesting and i have zero doubt it comes down to the last day of the season

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Monday: REAL SIMPLE HERE

IF Newcastle is going to play in the EPL in 2009-10 they MUST get 3 points today vs Portsmouth. ANYTHING LESS AND THEY ARE DONE! IF they get 3 points it now gets very interesting and their chances of playing in the EPL improve dramatically. Lose and THEY ARE DONE!

0-0 draw

ADIOS Newcastle - along with WBA and 'Boro - enjoy the League Championship in '09-10

GOOD POINTS ON THE HULL LAST GAME DUCK. THE NEWCASTLE-BOROUGH MATCH TWO SATURDAYS WILL BE HUGE. NEITHER TEAM CAN AFFORD A DRAW. HULL WILL HAVE TO GET BY STOKE SAME DAY. BLACK CATS IN BIG TROUBLE PERHAPS IF THEY CANNOT GET POINTS WITH TOFFEES AT HOME.

I'm leaning towards the + .5 with the dog tomorrow (Arsenal) despite previously endorcing Man Utd to win it all but Barcelona - .5 - 140 is as good a bet I have seen this year.

Barcelona - .5 - 140 5 units

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

GOOD POINTS ON THE HULL LAST GAME DUCK. THE NEWCASTLE-BOROUGH MATCH TWO SATURDAYS WILL BE HUGE. NEITHER TEAM CAN AFFORD A DRAW. HULL WILL HAVE TO GET BY STOKE SAME DAY. BLACK CATS IN BIG TROUBLE PERHAPS IF THEY CANNOT GET POINTS WITH TOFFEES AT HOME.

the hull/stoke game will be played sat or sun (forget which one) while the Newscastle/'Boro game will be played MONDAY meaning even more pressure on one side to get all 3 - especially if Hull can somehow get all 3 from Stoke earlier. I think Sundy will be OK and survive - barely but they will. IF the Newcastle/'Boro game ends in a draw both teams are DEFINITELY DONE - one team MUST get all 3 meaning the loser is DONE for sure while the winner might still have a sliiiiiiiight chance

THANK YOU FOR THE INFOS MISTER DUCK. THAT IS GOOD TO KNOW FOR A PUNTER. I AM ANXIOUS TO FLUTTER ON THE OVERS TOTAL IN THE NEWCASTLE/BORO TILT. STRONG FEELING THAT THEY WILL BE PLAYING ALL GUNS BLAZING ON PITCH. MAY BE A BANKER BET.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

THANK YOU FOR THE INFOS MISTER DUCK. THAT IS GOOD TO KNOW FOR A PUNTER. I AM ANXIOUS TO FLUTTER ON THE OVERS TOTAL IN THE NEWCASTLE/BORO TILT. STRONG FEELING THAT THEY WILL BE PLAYING ALL GUNS BLAZING ON PITCH. MAY BE A BANKER BET.

couldn't disagree with you more on the New/'Boro total

NEITHER team can afford to lose and i think what you will see is BOTH teams being very afraid to give up a goal knowing they would then need 2 more to win it. and whoever scores first - if there is a goal and more on that later - will sit back and defend their net as if their life in on the line and try and protect the 1 goal lead. and if this one ends scoreless it won't shock me at all. i sense there will be a 2.5 total and unless the "juice me off" the Under that will be my play

MY THOUGHTS WERE THAT NOT ONLY COULD THEY NOT AFFORD TO LOSE BUT THEY COULD NOT AFFORD A DRAW EITHER AS 1 POINT WILL NOT BE ENOUGH.

OBVIOUSLY GAME WILL BE MADE BY WHETHER THERE IS EARLY GOAL OR SENDING OFF AS TO TACTICS. IF IT STAYS SCORELESS TEAMS WILL TIGHTEN UP DEFENSIVE LINES.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR THOUGHTS THOUGH. I JUST THINK THEY WILL NEED AND BE DESPERATE FOR THE 3 POINTS AS THE 1 POINT DRAW KEEPS THEM BOTH IN ZONE OF RELEGATIONS.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Ruba - 100% agree with what you said but i do think both teams will want to win knowing a draw and 1 point probably kills them BOTH while the winner has a chance - and that is why i think BOTH teams will take very few chances and push forward only when they know it is in their best interest to do so. look at how many "6 point games" are low scoring affairs where neither team wants to take a chance and tey end up something along the lines of 0-0/1-0/1-1

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Saturday action:

Stoooooooooooooooooooke +135............they are AWESOME at home and the ONLY reason they will be playing in the EPL nest season is because of their home record. with 39 they SHOULD be safe but 3 more points and 42 will make them 100$ safe and i think they really go for it here - knowing 3 points here and they have 3 games to play with "house money"

ONE GAME WORTH MENTIONING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arsenal/Portsmouth: Portsmouth has 38 meaning they could be safe but just to make sure could use an extra point or so. looking at this line and seeing Arsenal +120 makes you wanna jump on the Gunners ASAP

HOWEVER

this is basically as meaningless a game as it gets for the Gunners. what makes me say that? right now Arsenal is 4th wth 65. Villa is 5th with 55 and with 4 left everyone knows Villa will NOT catch Arsenal for 4th. Arsenal sits 6 points behind Chelsea for 3rd but Chelsea would win that tie and i think Arsenal pretty much knows they won't catch Chelsea for 3rd. Tuesday Arsenal hosts Man U in the 2nd leg of the Champions League Semis losing 1-0 after 1 game. I DON'T SEE ANY WAY AT ALL ARSENAL PLAYS MOST OF TS "BIG NAMES". Wenger will rest most of them saving them for the ONE game that matters Tuesday. a win/loss/draw here won't make one bit of a difference for Arsenal and i think their starting lineup will show that. look at the Srsenal lineup from this past week's Champ League game @ Man U - look at their lineup for Tuesday's game and then look at the lineup for this game @ Portmouth and i will be STUNNED if names playing both Man U games are NOWHERE to be found Saturday. Portsmouth is a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng way from Arsenal and thus it won't shock me if many big name never even board the train for the lonnnng trip. Arsenal +120 look great but i wouldn't make this play until i saw who was - and more importantly was NOT - playing for Arsenal

the ONLY play i might make here is U2.5 -120 because i can see this one ending 1-0

'Boro BLOWS on the road and it is why they will be relegated after this season. they are AWESOME at home - just ask Liverpool. they have to get points now or else. their problem is they don't score much at home at all - and don't think that will change here. UNDER 2.5 -112 in this one and i rarely play DRAW sides but this one sure looks like it could end in a 0-0 or 1-1 Draw

70-83 - $2540
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on"></st1:place></st1:City>
<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on"></st1:place></st1:City>
<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on"></st1:place></st1:City>
<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Portsmouth</st1:place></st1:City> + .5 + 130
Spurs – 1 PK
<st1:place w:st="on">Blackburn</st1:place> + .5 PK<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on">Bolton</st1:place> + .5 – 120<o:p></o:p>
West Ham + .5 + 130
Fulham + 1 PK<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
<o:p>2 units each</o:p>

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

with the expected result of 'Pool beating Newcastle (3-0) this now sets up a MASSSSSSSSIVE gane Monday between Hull City and Aston Villa

recent form shows these 2 among the worst in the EPL meaning nothing that happens here will/should be a shock

IF Hull can somehow revert to early season form and win here and get 3 points that would just about put the DEATH NAILS in the Newcastle and 'Boro coffins

having said that i do NOT think Hull will win and if i am Hull i am ecstatic if i can get 1 point because that puts me 4 up on both and that is also huge becuse it appears newcastle will win the tiebreaker between the 2 should it happen meaning if Hull loses monday and gets no points they are in a sense only up 2 points over Newcastle

that being said NEXT weekend we should know a lot more about relegation. Hull plays TWO games before Newcastle/'Boro meet in Monday's MASSIVE game. ONE Hull win (and hosting Stoke Saturday is a damn good chance to get those 3 points) might be ebuf to keep them up - something i think will happen when all is said and done

My play is OVER 2.5 + 118

Barcelona are an absolute scoring machine. Despite the scoreless game at Nou Camp I cannot see them NOT scoring today.

Chelsea will have to come to play aggressive all out offensive soccer from the first minute.

If Barcelona scores one goal, Chelsea HAVE to score two as a 1-1 tie is a loss for the home side.

Meaning that at no time is a Chelsea 1-0 lead a safe, they will be one goal from elimination and so less likely to sit on that lead as one mistake and they are gone.

Also a Barca 1-0 lead and Chelsea now have to win outright, again leading to aggressive forward play.

Chelsea will be on attack mode the entire match but particularly in the last 20 minutes regardless of result, leading to holes at the back and counter oppurtunities for Barca.

O 2.5 + 118 5 units

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

5-9/11 EPL

Blackburn +100
Bolton +120
(***I am 100% CONFIDENT AT WORST these plays go 1-1 meanig a PUSH at worst***)

Fulham +165 (Although something tells me this game ends in a 1-1 Draw)
Hull City +110 (IF they can't get up and find a way to win this one and end their miserable run they DESERVE to be sent down - Stoke sux on the road and if Hull wants to play in the EPL in 2009-10 they MUST win this one. i sense they gte a BADLY needed win)
Hull/Stoke U2.5 -132 (BOTH teams want a point in the worst way and i can see this one ending 0-0/1-0/1-1)
West Ham/'Pool O2.5 -111

Monday - this is where Joey and i BIG TIME disagree:

Newcastle/'Boro U2.5 -137: This one ends either 0-0 or 1-0 Newvastle - either way NO CHANCE this game sees 3 goals. both teams will be very conservative and take few chances - the loser is DONE and will be relegated. the winner has a decent shot especially if Hull loses and IF Hull loses and Newcastle wins Hull and Newcastle switch spots and Hull is in the relegation zone. This game will see very few chances and both teams waiting for a decent chance for fear of instead of "us" scoring it is "them" who scores