Washington Redskins

They just forked out 155 mil in 5 seconds on a penalty happy, narcissistic corner and a do it for the money d tackle...

when other possibilities couldve been giving up some draft picks and money for cassel...signed tj for a good 20-30 mil and make a blockbuster deal to pick up boldin...and still have a good 20-40 mil for poops and giggles

just sayin....

tripp

EOG Master
Re: Washington Redskins

cassell/housh/boldin would have made them super bowl contenders without a doubt, and maybe even one of the biggest super bowl favorites.

i love all, and hall has talent, but that offense still makes them a team fighting for a wild card spot at best next year

cassell/housh/boldin would have made them super bowl contenders without a doubt, and maybe even one of the biggest super bowl favorites.

i love all, and hall has talent, but that offense still makes them a team fighting for a wild card spot at best next year

they are still going to be facing 8 in the box all year long w/ JC under center and undersized, average receiver lined out wide...

esp w/ zorn as HC...big west coast offense guy and cassel + tj are the definition of a west coast offense...what am i missing here :+clueless

they cant really believe JC is the future...:LMAO

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Packers are a better bet to go to the SB

7 losses by 4 pts or less

Hellva lot better qb and wr corp and Grant went for over 1200 yrds

Capers now onboard as Defv Coordt and the #9 pick in the draft

Shelling out $155 is a good reason why Jones and Snyder are 2 clueless
Monkees on running football organizations

Thank God neither one ran DDay operations

sometimes i wonder what the prereq's are to be a GM for the NFL...there has to be something we football fans are missing...

tripp

EOG Master

Packers are a better bet to go to the SB

7 losses by 4 pts or less

Hellva lot better qb and wr corp and Grant went for over 1200 yrds

Capers now onboard as Defv Coordt and the #9 pick in the draft

Shelling out $155 is a good reason why Jones and Snyder are 2 clueless
Monkees on running football organizations

Thank God neither one ran DDay operations

They definitely have a team that is able to not only make the Super Bowl next year, but win it also. They need a better season out of Grant for sure though, as well as the defense. They better draft an OLB to go with Hawk with their top ten pick, unless they decide to go with Jenkins if he's still available.

They definitely have a team that is able to not only make the Super Bowl next year, but win it also. They need a better season out of Grant for sure though, as well as the defense. They better draft an OLB to go with Hawk with their top ten pick, unless they decide to go with Jenkins if he's still available.

lots of options in their spot...youd think jenkins might go earlier for what hes proven on the field his career...but the only lb off the board would be curry...orakpo for dline...and possibly raji a spot or two ahead...perfect position for gb IMO

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

i agree with quebb.as far as jason at QB the skins really can't expect much.they'll be like tennessee with a great defense and an offense that can't score.skins better get a good punter too....

mofome

Banned

The skins cant score because their line cant block and they drop more passes than any team in the nfl.

Thats that.

mofome

Banned

Can you not read? Accuracy was not the problem. We have no size, no blocking, one fast guy, and we drop more balls than anyone.

JC is far from the problem. Watch more football.

The skins cant score because their line cant block and they drop more passes than any team in the nfl.

Thats that.

how does port run for so many yards if he's no OL? He's shifty and can make people miss?

Can you not read? Accuracy was not the problem. We have no size, no blocking, one fast guy, and we drop more balls than anyone.

JC is far from the problem. Watch more football.

you are sold on JC almost as bad as youre sold on lane kiffin...JC is a joke who has no business starting on a playoff caliber team...and can you not read? i said MORE accurate passer who also appears to throw a more catchable ball...just look at matt ryan and roddy white...ryan is a more accurate passer than anybody the falcons have had the past 3 years who throws a VERY catchable ball...white is now a pro bowl receiver...maybe you need to watch more football yourself? :pop:

They just forked out 155 mil in 5 seconds on a penalty happy, narcissistic corner and a do it for the money d tackle...

when other possibilities couldve been giving up some draft picks and money for cassel...signed tj for a good 20-30 mil and make a blockbuster deal to pick up boldin...and still have a good 20-40 mil for poops and giggles

just sayin....

sweded over your house? "just sayin" :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

you are sold on JC almost as bad as youre sold on lane kiffin...JC is a joke who has no business starting on a playoff caliber team...and can you not read? i said MORE accurate passer who also appears to throw a more catchable ball...just look at matt ryan and roddy white...ryan is a more accurate passer than anybody the falcons have had the past 3 years who throws a VERY catchable ball...white is now a pro bowl receiver...maybe you need to watch more football yourself? :pop:

Diesel getting riled :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

mofome

Banned

you are sold on JC almost as bad as youre sold on lane kiffin...JC is a joke who has no business starting on a playoff caliber team...and can you not read? i said MORE accurate passer who also appears to throw a more catchable ball...just look at matt ryan and roddy white...ryan is a more accurate passer than anybody the falcons have had the past 3 years who throws a VERY catchable ball...white is now a pro bowl receiver...maybe you need to watch more football yourself?

Quebb, you don't even know what a FA is. When I start coming to you for my football, I'll consider suicide.

Keep in mind, you just suggested that a team whose first 3 picks last year were WRs, break the bank to go after 2 more wrs. Yes, lets just have 90000 wrs. WRs change the game, not lineman. Lets make our last 5 marquee aquisitions all pass catchers! Quebb, that is the most ridiculously stupid thing I have ever heard anyone say, at any time, about anything. Quite a distinction. Congratualtions.

Appears to throw a more catchable ball? Where in the fuck do you get this horse shit? He dumps it off to welker or lobs it to moss, wow. Give cassell randle el as his number 2 and moss as his number one and he wouldnt even be in the nfl today. Much less without all the time he gets.

And, so you know, you nonsensical midwestern dufus, The skins led the NFL in drops and JC and Cassel had just about the same completion percentage. So, big reader, what makes Matt the 'more accurate' qb? Do you know what 'more accurate' means? Im sure matt enjoyed sitting back in the shot gun 90% of his snaps, having a week to throw, and then dumping down to faulk, welker, or tossing it up to moss. Sounds tough.

A catchable ball. That is so fucking dumb that it has become hard for me to laugh and type at the same time. Maybe Randle El is just the worst starting wr in the nfl? JC throws a spiral and puts it where it needs to be. These are passes in wrs chests that are being dropped.

What you have just written makes less than zero sense and im sorry that any of us had to read through it.

Quebb, how about this. Skins draft, thomas, kelly, davis. They pick up Boldin and Housh. They still have moss. They draft Maclin and trade up to get Nicks.

Good plan?

91023i2ndw;l

Quebb, you don't even know what a FA is. When I start coming to you for my football, I'll consider suicide.

Keep in mind, you just suggested that a team whose first 3 picks last year were WRs, break the bank to go after 2 more wrs. Yes, lets just have 90000 wrs. WRs change the game, not lineman. Lets make our last 5 marquee aquisitions all pass catchers! Quebb, that is the most ridiculously stupid thing I have ever heard anyone say, at any time, about anything. Quite a distinction. Congratualtions.

Appears to throw a more catchable ball? Where in the fuck do you get this horse shit? He dumps it off to welker or lobs it to moss, wow. Give cassell randle el as his number 2 and moss as his number one and he wouldnt even be in the nfl today. Much less without all the time he gets.

And, so you know, you nonsensical midwestern dufus, The skins led the NFL in drops and JC and Cassel had just about the same completion percentage. So, big reader, what makes Matt the 'more accurate' qb? Do you know what 'more accurate' means? Im sure matt enjoyed sitting back in the shot gun 90% of his snaps, having a week to throw, and then dumping down to faulk, welker, or tossing it up to moss. Sounds tough.

A catchable ball. That is so fucking dumb that it has become hard for me to laugh and type at the same time. Maybe Randle El is just the worst starting wr in the nfl? JC throws a spiral and puts it where it needs to be. These are passes in wrs chests that are being dropped.

What you have just written makes less than zero sense and im sorry that any of us had to read through it.

Quebb, how about this. Skins draft, thomas, kelly, davis. They pick up Boldin and Housh. They still have moss. They draft Maclin and trade up to get Nicks.

Good plan?

91023i2ndw;l

i do know what FA means...they would have to trade for cassel and boldin b/c they are under contract to their respective teams...hence trading draft picks and money to get cassel and a blockbuster deal to boldin while signing the FA in tj to a 20-30 mil deal like i said? confusion? :+clueless

as for the 08 draft...thats bad drafting...not my fault...no point in signing both thomas and kelly IMO...blame that on your GM...

how cassel and JC would perform w/ moss and randel el is all opinionated and i like im sure many others believe cassel would have more success in that offense..."dump offs" are pretty much what a west coast offense is about...the O revolves around quick 3 and 5 step drops (which could be classified as "dump offs")

<table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead" align="center" bgcolor="#00295b"><td align="left">Stats Overview</td> <td colspan="10">Passing</td></tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"> <td align="left">SPLIT</td><td> CMP</td> <td>ATT</td> <td>YDS</td> <td>CMP%</td> <td>YPA</td> <td>LNG</td> <td>TD</td> <td>INT</td> <td>SACK</td> <td>RAT</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2008</td> <td>327</td> <td>516</td> <td>3693</td> <td>63.4</td> <td>7.16</td> <td>76</td> <td>21</td> <td>11</td> <td>47</td> <td>89.4</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead" align="center" bgcolor="#8c001a"><td align="left">Stats Overview</td> <td colspan="10">Passing</td></tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"> <td align="left">SPLIT</td><td> CMP</td> <td>ATT</td> <td>YDS</td> <td>CMP%</td> <td>YPA</td> <td>LNG</td> <td>TD</td> <td>INT</td> <td>SACK</td> <td>RAT</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2008</td> <td>315</td> <td>506</td> <td>3245</td> <td>62.3</td> <td>6.41</td> <td>67</td> <td>13</td> <td>6</td> <td>38</td> <td>84.3</td></tr></tbody></table>
cassel has the 1 up on him in every statistical category (including sacks) besides INT's so he obviously couldnt sit around all day every day in those shotgun sets

questioning qb's that throw more catchable balls?! thats funny...if you think thats dumb then i dont know what to tell you on that subject...go throw the ball w/ a group collegiate or nfl qb's sometime and tell me there arent some qb's that throw a more "catchable" ball than others

mofome

Banned

i do know what FA means...they would have to trade for cassel and boldin b/c they are under contract to their respective teams...hence trading draft picks and money to get cassel and a blockbuster deal to boldin while signing the FA in tj to a 20-30 mil deal like i said? confusion? :+clueless

as for the 08 draft...thats bad drafting...not my fault...no point in signing both thomas and kelly IMO...blame that on your GM...

how cassel and JC would perform w/ moss and randel el is all opinionated and i like im sure many others believe cassel would have more success in that offense..."dump offs" are pretty much what a west coast offense is about...the O revolves around quick 3 and 5 step drops (which could be classified as "dump offs")

<table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead" align="center" bgcolor="#00295b"><td align="left">Stats Overview</td> <td colspan="10">Passing</td></tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"> <td align="left">SPLIT</td><td> CMP</td> <td>ATT</td> <td>YDS</td> <td>CMP%</td> <td>YPA</td> <td>LNG</td> <td>TD</td> <td>INT</td> <td>SACK</td> <td>RAT</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2008</td> <td>327</td> <td>516</td> <td>3693</td> <td>63.4</td> <td>7.16</td> <td>76</td> <td>21</td> <td>11</td> <td>47</td> <td>89.4</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead" align="center" bgcolor="#8c001a"><td align="left">Stats Overview</td> <td colspan="10">Passing</td></tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"> <td align="left">SPLIT</td><td> CMP</td> <td>ATT</td> <td>YDS</td> <td>CMP%</td> <td>YPA</td> <td>LNG</td> <td>TD</td> <td>INT</td> <td>SACK</td> <td>RAT</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2008</td> <td>315</td> <td>506</td> <td>3245</td> <td>62.3</td> <td>6.41</td> <td>67</td> <td>13</td> <td>6</td> <td>38</td> <td>84.3</td></tr></tbody></table>
cassel has the 1 up on him in every statistical category (including sacks) besides INT's so he obviously couldnt sit around all day every day in those shotgun sets

questioning qb's that throw more catchable balls?! thats funny...if you think thats dumb then i dont know what to tell you on that subject...go throw the ball w/ a group collegiate or nfl qb's sometime and tell me there arent some qb's that throw a more "catchable" ball than others

Sorry, still having a chuckle over the fact that you called Cassell a FA. That was awesome. I love when quebb is cute like that.

ok, well this roster did make those moves. kelly and thomas are on the team. Kelly and thomas are people we hope to be able to count on. Thats where we are, we dont live in magical quebb land where you have 'take backs'.

welker turned more than one 3 yard pass into 40+. In one of his 400 yard games matt completed just one pass that was 15 yards past the line of scrimmage. That tells you all you need to know.

The shot gun makes it much easier to complete passes. JC prefers the gun, but we run a different offense. Matt liked to run around a lot more, but he had a lot more time than JC. A ton more time.

No, what is funny is you suggesting that Matt throws a more 'catchable' ball. Thats ridiculous. Of any complaints that ive heard about JC, ive never heard this one. Thats what we call a reach. He throws a very 'catchable ball'. lol

Those percentages look similar. Must be more accurate though even ith the skins dropping 5+ passes a game.

so, when do we draft maclin?

Sorry, still having a chuckle over the fact that you called Cassell a FA. That was awesome. I love when quebb is cute like that.

ok, well this roster did make those moves. kelly and thomas are on the team. Kelly and thomas are people we hope to be able to count on. Thats where we are, we dont live in magical quebb land where you have 'take backs'.

welker turned more than one 3 yard pass into 40+. In one of his 400 yard games matt completed just one pass that was 15 yards past the line of scrimmage. That tells you all you need to know.

The shot gun makes it much easier to complete passes. JC prefers the gun, but we run a different offense. Matt liked to run around a lot more, but he had a lot more time than JC. A ton more time.

No, what is funny is you suggesting that Matt throws a more 'catchable' ball. Thats ridiculous. Of any complaints that ive heard about JC, ive never heard this one. Thats what we call a reach. He throws a very 'catchable ball'. lol

Those percentages look similar. Must be more accurate though even ith the skins dropping 5+ passes a game.

so, when do we draft maclin?

never mentioned in this thread cassel is a FA...kelly and thomas are obviously the future for the skins...but how many more years do a lot of the players on the skins team have? portis is getting close to that 30 year mark...their entire oline is getting old...what are thomas and kelly going to learn from a pair of underproductive 5'10 receivers? TJ would be a great acquisition for them in FA...6'1 and physical...great worth ethic...and has lots of knowledge and charisma to bring to the organization...you cant have take backs on draft picks but i thought it was silly to draft 2 wr's 17 picks apart in the 2nd round of the draft...

cassel completed only 1 pass greater than 15 yards...thats perfect for the west coast system...granted NE doesnt run the west coast offense but if you know cassel can put up numbers and extend drives w/ a nonexistant run game why dont you think he could do the same w/ a top 5 rb behind him and a decent oline?

<table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">3rd & 3-7</td><td>36</td> <td>64</td> <td>317</td> <td>56.3</td> <td>4.95</td> <td>84</td> <td>1</td> <td>0</td> <td>6.0</td> <td>74.8</td> <td>7</td> <td>47</td> <td>6.7</td> <td>39</td> <td>0</td> </tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">3rd & 8-10</td><td>22</td> <td>35</td> <td>205</td> <td>62.9</td> <td>5.86</td> <td>52</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>5.0</td> <td>78.9</td> <td>6</td> <td>65</td> <td>10.8</td> <td>42</td> <td>0</td> </tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">3rd & 11+</td><td>24</td> <td>35</td> <td>308</td> <td>68.6</td> <td>8.80</td> <td>125</td> <td>1</td> <td>0</td> <td>3.0</td> <td>105.4</td> <td>4</td> <td>33</td> <td>8.3</td> <td>35</td> <td>0</td> </tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">3rd & <6</td><td>20</td> <td>43</td> <td>186</td> <td>46.5</td> <td>4.33</td> <td>66</td> <td>2</td> <td>1</td> <td>4.0</td> <td>64.7</td> <td>7</td> <td>42</td> <td>6.0</td> <td>39</td> <td>0</td> </tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">3rd & 6+</td><td>64</td> <td>100</td> <td>658</td> <td>64.0</td> <td>6.58</td> <td>209</td> <td>1</td> <td>0</td> <td>12.0</td> <td>86.2</td> <td>12</td> <td>112</td> <td>9.3</td> <td>86</td> <td>0</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">3rd & 3-7</td><td>25</td> <td>46</td> <td>224</td> <td>54.3</td> <td>4.87</td> <td>83</td> <td>2</td> <td>0</td> <td>10.0</td> <td>82.2</td> <td>8</td> <td>43</td> <td>5.4</td> <td>25</td> <td>0</td> </tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">3rd & 8-10</td><td>30</td> <td>42</td> <td>495</td> <td>71.4</td> <td>11.79</td> <td>121</td> <td>5</td> <td>0</td> <td>4.0</td> <td>150.3</td> <td>3</td> <td>14</td> <td>4.7</td> <td>12</td> <td>0</td> </tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">3rd & 11+</td><td>9</td> <td>15</td> <td>124</td> <td>60.0</td> <td>8.27</td> <td>87</td> <td>0</td> <td>2</td> <td>2.0</td> <td>46.9</td> <td>8</td> <td>3</td> <td>0.4</td> <td>10</td> <td>0</td> </tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">3rd & <6</td><td>22</td> <td>41</td> <td>174</td> <td>53.7</td> <td>4.24</td> <td>58</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>5.0</td> <td>62.5</td> <td>13</td> <td>50</td> <td>3.8</td> <td>24</td> <td>0</td> </tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">3rd & 6+</td><td>53</td> <td>80</td> <td>755</td> <td>66.3</td> <td>9.44</td> <td>257</td> <td>7</td> <td>2</td> <td>12.0</td> <td>115.4</td> <td>12</td> <td>24</td> <td>2.0</td> <td>29</td> <td>0</td></tr></tbody></table>
cassel appears to be better on 3rd down and appears to convert more 3rd downs on average as well...i thought one of washington's main weaknesses were extending drives w/ their whomping 35% 3rd down completion rating (26th in the league)

if JC throws a "very catchable" ball then these receivers wouldnt be dropping the left and right...

draft bey instead since you like him more

mofome

Banned

Quebb, you arent saying anything. bad palyers drop catchable balls and even with all of those drops the completion % is about the same.

We dont need 50 wrs
JC throws a nice ball

the end

We have to keep Haynesworth in Tenn. Fuck, man! I happen to think he is worth the $14 mill. They may as well sell off Bullock KVB the entire crew now. Tenn pulled one of the bigger chokejobs in the history of the playoffs with a little help from the coach. They are going from shouldve won the SuperBowl to fading fast already....

Redskins will be so much better next year just adding him.

:+waving-5

Quebb, you arent saying anything. bad palyers drop catchable balls and even with all of those drops the completion % is about the same.

We dont need 50 wrs
JC throws a nice ball

the end

lol...im saying nothing then you say bad players drop catchable balls...but then knock me for saying they should pick up more reliable receivers b/c they drafted two receivers in the draft the year before...they only have 5 receivers on their depth chart...id say itd be a GREAT upgrade replacing randle el and thrash for tj and boldin

you dont think they wouldve been better off signing TJ and giving some draft picks to pick up boldin? as compared to resigning hall and bringing in haynesworth?

well the skins can spend stupid money and sit in the bottom of the nfc east w/ an amazing 35% 3rd down completion percentage and pay the next big defensive FA big bucks next offseason w/ hopes of making the playoffs again...like i said earlier "if it aint broke dont fix it"

We have to keep Haynesworth in Tenn. Fuck, man! I happen to think he is worth the $14 mill. They may as well sell off Bullock KVB the entire crew now. Tenn pulled one of the bigger chokejobs in the history of the playoffs with a little help from the coach. They are going from shouldve won the SuperBowl to fading fast already....

Redskins will be so much better next year just adding him.

:+waving-5

I lost $250 on those fucktards. I'm still mad about that game :doh1

I lost $250 on those fucktards. I'm still mad about that game :doh1

I lost twice that, and I never bet anything on football. Im convinced Tenn was easily the best team in the AFC, should have drubbed the Ravens that day, and I still think the Steelers were very mediocre as the Titans fucked them twice during the reg season, the last game without Vandenbosch and Haynesworth.

They blew it.

same here. I think tenn would have beat Pitt. Too bad we never got to see it :(