I need to start amping my drinking now as I have a way to "taking down the
best" once word hits the course that "Doc backed your ass today ..."

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated
Re: 3rd round WGC

3rd round results:

Third Round

Bobby Jones Bracket

Geoff Ogilvy (2) def Camilo Villegas (3), 2 and 1.

Rory McIlroy (4) def Tim Clark (8), 4 and 3.

Ben Hogan Bracket

Stewart Cink (6) def Phil Mickelson (2), 1 up.

Ernie Els (4) def. Luke Donald (9), Conceded (wrist injury).

Gary Player Bracket

Paul Casey (6) def Peter Hanson (15), 4 and 2.

Sean O'Hair (12) def Ian Poulter (8), 2 and 1.

Sam Snead Bracket

Ross Fisher (9) def. Jim Furyk (4), 4 and 3.

Justin Leonard (7) def Oliver Wilson (11), 19 holes

dustdevil

EOG Dedicated

Thud, lotta losers today. First day of tourney more losers than winners I suspect. This McIlroy looks to be the real deal.

This is not what NBC was hoping for

Quad matchups

Ritz-Carlton GC, Dove Mountain Tee #1
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=tourTableHeader><TD>Time</TD><TD class=tourLastCell colSpan=2>Players</TD></TR><TR class=tourTableData><TD>7:20 am........</TD><TD class="">McIlroy, Rory vs.</TD><TD class=tourLastCell>Ogilvy, Geoff</TD></TR><TR class=tourTableDataAlt><TD>7:32 am........</TD><TD class="">Els, Ernie vs.</TD><TD class=tourLastCell>Cink, Stewart</TD></TR><TR class=tourTableData><TD>7:44 am........</TD><TD class="">O'Hair, Sean vs.</TD><TD class=tourLastCell>Casey, Paul</TD></TR><TR class=tourTableDataAlt><TD>7:56 am........</TD><TD class="">Fisher, Ross vs.</TD><TD class=tourLastCell>Leonard, Justin</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

My fuckin God

the lineup of "personalities" is STIMULATING to say the least!!!

The Ratings should be Dandy !!!

dustdevil

EOG Dedicated

Not so sure guys. Rory could potentially be a big draw. Els has a ton of fans also. I'd imagine if Rory beats Ogilvy in the a.m., that'd be a neat story.

munson15

I want winners...

It is a ratings disaster, I agree. But, for real golf afficionados, you've got 3 major champions in Els, Leonard and Ogilvy, two very accomplished players with Cink and Casey, and the 19-year old sensation McIlroy (his name reminds me of Roy McAvoy!). Could be worse.

dustdevil

EOG Dedicated

It is a ratings disaster, I agree. But, for real golf afficionados, you've got 3 major champions in Els, Leonard and Ogilvy, two very accomplished players with Cink and Casey, and the 19-year old sensation McIlroy (his name reminds me of Roy McAvoy!). Could be worse.

My point exactly. At least we will get even coverage. Not Tiger eating a banana walking to each shot.

dustdevil

EOG Dedicated

Futures on Els, Casey and McIlroy. I'll be fully engaged. I'm a golf nut anyways, I even watch the replays on the Golf Channel each night. This tourney is being covered wall to wall, they don't cut off until last match has finished. Wish they had these matchplay tourneys once a month.

munson15

I want winners...

Futures on Els, Casey and McIlroy. I'll be fully engaged. I'm a golf nut anyways, I even watch the replays on the Golf Channel each night. This tourney is being covered wall to wall, they don't cut off until last match has finished. Wish they had these matchplay tourneys once a month.
Again, I have to agree, match play events are a lot of fun to watch. Scary as shit for the network covering it, though. Funny thing is, the PGA Championship used to be contested at match play. I wonder if CBS or ABC had anything to do with the decision to go to stroke play? Congrats on the great bets. What the hell were the odds on McIlroy and what did you see to take a flier on him?

dustdevil

EOG Dedicated

45-1 on McIlroy. Watched him at Dubai, he made birdies down the stretch under pressure. Els I always bet like a sucker and Casey is a match play monster.