February 14

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran
Lot of action. Including short write-ups but no essays. May add a couple more games throughout the day.

Northern Iowa -1 (2.2 units to win 2 units)
The reason for this line is Wichita State getting credit for a solid home record. IMO, the wins have been against the lower echelon of the conference for the most part. And they've been close too. Give me potential conference champs, NIU in this game.

Princeton -1.5 (3.3 units to win 3 units)
Okay, so Princeton dropped the ball against Yale yesterday. But that's no excuse to give them this kind of line against Brown.

South Carolina -2 (2.2 units to win 2 units)
The Gamecocks have only lost 3 conference games: @LSU, @ TEN, and @ FLA. They're 6-3 in the SC including a nice road win over Kentucky. Given Steele's injury and the coaching situation, Alabama hasn't done much to get off my fade if the line is right list (not a real list oij213490). Line's right. :thumbsup

Kansas pk (2.2 units to win 2 units)
Even though it was a loss... Kansas for the most part actually impressd me against Missouri. I think the Jayhawks may be the second best team in teh conference ater Oklahoma. Rivalry game, so no reason for a let down from the better team.

Virginia Tech ML +135 (1 unit to win 1.35 units)
Maryland has been solid at home. Virginia Tech has been shaky since blowing the game against Clemson. I don't think Maryland matched up that well with AD V. or Jeff Allen. Call Vazquez/Delaney a wash. VT should take this one. And even if you call it 50/50 because it's at Maryland's home court... then there's value in the +135.

Tennessee 1H -5.5 (1.1 units to win 1 unit)
Vols have been playing good ball at home. I think the Vols out athetlicize (that's the made up word I decided to use for this) the Dores today. Still a fair amount of points, so I'll keep the bet small. Rather play with the 5.5 1H than double digits for the game.

Baylor 1H -3 (-115) (2.3 units to win 2 units)
Baylor has lost 3 straight home games... but those games were to Texas, Kansas, and Oklahoma. Loss @ A&M was arguably the beginning of the Bears' recent slide. Elonu has a really ncie game for A&M last time. A&M is a different team at home though. I think at home the Bears avenge the loss and trying to get things back on track and try to make a late run at getting an at large bid. The remaining schedule isn't too bad, and this could be the start of a nice run for Baylor.

Oregon State +13 (-120, 2.4 units to win 2 units)
Oregon State ML +675 (0.75 units to win 5.06 units)
I don't see this game's pace allowing Oregon State to fall that far behind. The Beavers are capable of winning this game, IMO. Wins @ Stanford and @ Cal and a home win against USC. Washington State is okay, and picked up a large win over Oregon the other day, but this game should be played at a pretty slow pace. The Beavers played with Wazzu in their first matchup before losing in OT. This is a low-scoring game that should be pretty close regardless of wins. Makes +675 look pretty attractive to me.

Princeton/Brown u117 (2.2 units to win 2 units)
No reason to expect Princeton to break 70 or Brown to break 50.

SC/Bama o151 (1.1 units to win 1 unit)
SC should get into the 80s... Bama should make it into the 70s.

Good luck today, everyone. :cheers

Re: February 14

Good luck today Goon. I may have to jump on Princeton also. Didnt cap the Ivies and had too many games as it is . But now Ive got that all in attitude, and your right, Princeton should dominate Brown. Think the Tigers just couldnt buy a basket at Yale, and Yale (being much bigger) dominated the boards. Probably an aberration so I think it comes around for Princeton at Brown.

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

Thanks, Natty. You have a while to think about it, but I think it's a good play.

Add:

South Carolina Team Total o76 (-115, 3.45 units to win 3 units).
I could be wrong here... but SC over 76 points in 6 of their past 7. I don't really think Bama slows them down. Maybe a little too large on this play, but the bet has been already been placed.

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

Wanted to flip watching the end of the South Carolina game 2938u4ji23. Think I have my over for the game and my SC team total play easily with over 3 minutes left. SC goes over 2 1/2 minutes without scoring a basket. Then with less than a second and the game tied they get credited with an illegal tip for 2 points and miss the total by a bucket. Without the illegal basket, at least they go to OT and get to make up for their inability to score in the final couple of minutes.

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

Wyoming/SD State o142 (2.2 units to win 2 units)
Wyoming has played 4 games this entire season that wouldn't have at least pushed this total.

Niagara 1H -3 (-105, 2.1 units to win 2 units)
Niagara has been playing very well lately. Six game winning streak, the last five were double digits wins. Fairfield sans Han... I like the Purple here.

Murray State -6.5 (1.1 units to win 1 unit)
Murray State has been solid lately... but this is realy a fade of Jax St.

Santa Clara -6.5 (2.2 units to win 2 units)
Santa Clara suffered a surprising loss to Pepperdine on Thursday, but I think they come out and role of LMU off the bat. John Bryant had a double-double with 12 points and 22 boards in the first matchup between these two teams... and I think he dominates again tonight.

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

8-6-1, +1.6 units

Road favorites killed me. Northern Iowa, Princeton, and Santa Clara 1H were all losers. South Carolina pushed. Niagara 1H was the only winner of those plays... and they covered by 1. Lost both 3 uniti plays. Princeton unders feel like the only safe Ivy plays right now. Oregon State ML made this a positive day for me. If SC hits that team total, totally different story for me... a winning day... but still feels disappointing. Not sure that I'm feeling value for the amount of time I'm putting into this anymore.

On the Buffalo and Bowling Green unders for tomorrow. Might be my only plays. Not loving the sides.