cbb- saturday plays

tripp

EOG Master
1-1 tonight. hit the big play though so a profitable night.

12:00 pm (EST)
Georgetown +4.5

Both of these teams were once ranked in the top 10 and now neither are safe to make the tournament. I think Georgetown has the better team to be honest, but they have let me down big time lately. That was as a big favorite though (vs cinci and vs rutgers- had both games covered, but were terrible in the final 10 mins), and this is as a dog when they are at their lowest value with the public. I just don't think Syracuse is that good of a basketball team this year and the injuries have not helped. Boeheim isn't doing a good job coaching this bunch either as they never really are able to dictate the tempo of a game, they always play into their opponents style. They tried to run with teams like Villanova and Providence and went on to give up 100+ to each of them. You are not going to win games giving up that many. Georgetown plays much, much better defense than Syracuse and won't give up easy buckets. Syracuse will. It's not easy playing this Georgetown team on the road, but this is a game they should win straight up.

1:30 pm (EST)
Georgia Tech -3.5
Minnesota +3

Geo Tech is not a good team, but this is certainly a game they should win. NC State has looked good recently, but on the road here I see this as a very tough test after a very nice home win vs WF. Both these teams have wins @ home vs WF and both these teams played VT close on the road recently (although NC State really should have won if not for a collapse late, GT kinda just came back to make the score look close). This line tells is these teams are pretty much exactly even and this line would be pk on a neutral court (maybe NC St -1). I tend to agree there, and just think this is nice spot for a Geo Tech win @ home. Remember that they almost beat NC St on the road earlier in the year, but lost in OT. Gotta ride them getting revenge at home here.

Minnesota to me is a better team than Penn St. They let me down by playing like absolute crap @ home vs Indiana during the week (still won by DD though), but this is a game they will be up for. I said about a week and a half ago Penn st would be a team to fade and that they were getting way too much love when I placed my GOY play on Michigan vs them, and since they have gotten killed by Michigan, beat easily at home vs Wisconsin and killed by Purdue. People will say this is a nice rebound spot for them, but I don't buy it. This team can play well at times, but they really aren't a good team and shouldn't even be in the 65 team tournament this year. If they are they will be the #1 fade in the first round. Minnesota isn't a lock for the tournament just yet, so they know a road win here would look nice on their resume.

Will have more, this is all I have locked in though.

Re: cbb- saturday plays

Good luck Tripp. No head butting so far. One piece of advice.... DO NOT watch the GT game or you will be joining me in a padded cell. Dont doubt that you will win your bet but if you watch it youll be spending your winnings on a toupe afterwards. Just some friendly advise.

tripp

EOG Master

Good luck Tripp. No head butting so far. One piece of advice.... DO NOT watch the GT game or you will be joining me in a padded cell. Dont doubt that you will win your bet but if you watch it youll be spending your winnings on a toupe afterwards. Just some friendly advise.

Agree there, GT games are often tough to watch. Will be busy most of the day tomorrow anyways though, so won't be able to get in much time to watch some baskets. I'll maybe get to see the gtown/cuse game, but that's it.

tripp

EOG Master

6:00 pm (EST)
Middle Tennessee St -7

MTSU hasn't been playing their best ball lately, but this is a nice return home game for them and they should stomp North Texas in this spot. Was very surprised to see them lose @ Troy during the week, but it makes me like them more in this spot. MTSU is much stronger at home this year, and this is a game they cannot afford to lose, period. I still think this is team fully capable of winning this conference in the conf. tourney, and they might be the most talented squad in the conference. Results don't show that, but I believe it to be true. I think they win comfortably by double digits tomorrow.

7:00 pm (EST)
Richmond +9

Good spot for Richmond to sneak up on Dayton after their impressive win vs Xavier. I simply think 9 is too much to give here against a solid Richmond team. Richmond has actually been a very solid road team this year and played WF very tough in non conf play. Dayton is incredibly tough at home, but I like this spot for the Spiders.

tripp

EOG Master

12:00 pm (EST)
Georgetown +4.5

1:30 pm (EST)
Georgia Tech -3.5
Minnesota +3

4:00 pm (EST)
Xavier -29
Air Force +20
Pitt -16
Morehead St -18.5

5:00 pm (EST)
Southern Mississippi +12.5

6:00 pm (EST)
Middle Tennessee St -7

7:00 pm (EST)
Richmond +9

This is it for now, might have some totals also. Hate playing big cards like this, but can't help it on Saturdays.

BOL fellas.:thumbsup

oakas

EOG Addicted

Middle Tennessee State played very well in the first half in the Troy game.

Troy came out on fire in the second half and went way ahead, but MTS came back a little bit at the end.

They look like a very good wager at home.

tripp

EOG Master

Middle Tennessee State played very well in the first half in the Troy game.

Troy came out on fire in the second half and went way ahead, but MTS came back a little bit at the end.

They look like a very good wager at home.

They shot absolutely terrible to start the 2nd. They were the better team for probably about 30 minutes of the game overall because they played well again down the stretch to make it closer, but they need to play 40 minutes to win on the road.

I agree about them being a good wager tomorrow, I really don't see this game being all that close. Expecting around a 13-15 pt win.

oakas

EOG Addicted

You have me fired up on this game now, tripp.
:cheers
Good luck.

oakas

EOG Addicted

Oh by the way.....

Middle Tennesee State beat North Texas by 9 points at North Texas.

Ketch

EOG Senior Member

GL Tripp, any of those larger plays? you are killer on 3-5 unit plays!

tripp

EOG Master

GL Tripp, any of those larger plays? you are killer on 3-5 unit plays!

Nah, not today. Am very selective with big plays. Only have 6 of them so far this year (5-1). I was actually close to making Georgetown a big play, but will let all these ride as 1 unit plays.

Ketch

EOG Senior Member

Nah, not today. Am very selective with big plays. Only have 6 of them so far this year (5-1). I was actually close to making Georgetown a big play, but will let all these ride as 1 unit plays.

thanks!

Ketch

EOG Senior Member

gtown nail biter! thought for sure they would foul with f'in one second left.

mofome

Banned

really need air force to cover. they were +19.5 for me, up 1 at the break, and are now down 20. need this one big time.

mofome

Banned

damn s miss loses now too. 3 good ones, 2 Ls. lets get rich and end the night in style.