gym time

XMrs...

EOG Member
Re: gym time

Working out is an addiction every one should have. I own a gym - not a huge flashy coporate owned meat market - but a solid gym with a great clientel. There are plenty of guys who do the whole upper body workout and leave the legs alone. Personally, that is not for me. I think people should be symmetrical in their bodies (hence the name of my gym is Symmetry) As for abs - the best and easiest way I have been taught to do abs, is in between sets instead of sitting there counting and waiting to go again, do a set of abs. That way they are getting a constant workout throught your time at the gym as well as each time you go.

did a 4-week update weigh-in on January 25th -- I lost 7.1 pounds from the start weight....

Next weigh-in will be last week of February, I'll post the results, good or bad, here....

I had a great workout today, by the way.

Dave

benny0420

EOG Dedicated

Day 2

No Beers, great diet, and 2nd day in a row I ran 2 miles. I won't see the gym untill I shed about 10-15 pounds and I am back up to 20-24 miles a week. Takes about 3 - 4 weeks to get there but I have done it every year for 3 years now. Always starts after Superbowl and by March Madness I am training for the local 10 miler in April.

maverick

EOG Veteran

Sometimes I wonder if cardio is not overrated...........I have tried everything and I seem to get the best results by doing just 3 things.....

1. Lift heavy weights with hardly much rest between sets............
2. Watch what I eat............
3. Watch what I eat.............

:cheers

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

It's all diet - no matter what look you want - sure, working out is a factor but it means nothing if your're not eating for what you are looking to achieve

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

yeah dio!!

i got into it today too. been a good 10 days, only missed once.
91023i2ndw;l91023i2ndw;l
Bingbong....Go Time. oij213490

Upped my diet to 3000 calories starting today as well.

Hitting the gym again later today -- middle of the seventh week and I am thinking of changing up the workout some -- this means I will be sore as HELL tomorrow 2938u4ji23

Next weigh in in two weeks.

Dave

mofome

Banned

It's all diet - no matter what look you want - sure, working out is a factor but it means nothing if your're not eating for what you are looking to achieve

got to have a good diet, thats what i struggle with. I love pizza, beer and wings.

:cocktail

Boston

EOG Dedicated

I hate the guys in the gym that don't do legs. I just look at them and wonder what they think they're doing. You wouldn't build your house with no foundation why would you skip the most important part of your body. If you can't squat 70-100 pounds more than you bench please get over to the squat rack or get the fuck out of my gym. Also if I see one more college kid doing curls in the squat rack I'm slapping him on sight. Sorry just got back from the gym and had to vent

mofome

Banned

I hate the guys in the gym that don't do legs. I just look at them and wonder what they think they're doing. You wouldn't build your house with no foundation why would you skip the most important part of your body. If you can't squat 70-100 pounds more than you bench please get over to the squat rack or get the fuck out of my gym. Also if I see one more college kid doing curls in the squat rack I'm slapping him on sight. Sorry just got back from the gym and had to vent

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

I hate squats.

:finger004

Boston

EOG Dedicated

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

I hate squats.

:finger004

I don't think there is a person alive that likes squats. I am in the first few years of owning a painting company so I still have to work and I love those days I can barely get out of bed in the morning nevermind running up and down 40 foot ladders all day. Very important though. It's amazing how much stronger you get on all of your lifts after you insert one day of legs a week.

kyhawk

EOG Addicted

Boring workout is working for me. I simply do an hour on step machine while watching SportsCenter. Its about 4 miles. Started at 240 now 225. Goal of 200 by July 4th. Key is cutting out sugar and flour and all fast food.

mofome

Banned

Boring workout is working for me. I simply do an hour on step machine while watching SportsCenter. Its about 4 miles. Started at 240 now 225. Goal of 200 by July 4th. Key is cutting out sugar and flour and all fast food.

BOL with it. Variance may help some. Thats burning the calories, but your body will adjust to it and the calories will stop coming off as rapidly.

nsane

EOG Enthusiast

have'nt used sugar in many yrs and cut out flour approx i yr ago.'refined'white flour is some bad shit.....1 hr on step machine is a lot..is that every day?..."keep the continue

nsane

EOG Enthusiast

Sometimes I wonder if cardio is not overrated...........I have tried everything and I seem to get the best results by doing just 3 things.....

1. Lift heavy weights with hardly much rest between sets............
2. Watch what I eat............
3. Watch what I eat.............

:cheers
good post maverick....when i first started thought i could do it all with exercise and i did very well but was just makin it more difficult than it had to be....if i dont buy it i cant eat it....'keep the continue'

nsane

EOG Enthusiast

I hate first of the year but I love the gym. No offense but every Tom, Dick, and Harry with a New Year resolution to lose weight is in the place. The sweat was 2 inches thick on the floor of the cardio room, was like walking through a shallow canal to get water. That said I can't live without it these days. I think I'd be in jail somewhere if I didn't have a healthy way to release steam every day, helps smooth over some rough edges. :)
cant stomach the smell of a fitness club..all those body fluids flyin around..'keep the continue'

diogee

In the middle of my final day of 5x5 for the week...this shit kicks my ass a lot harder than I expected.

diogee

:nono

I need to get in a quick ab workout and a little HIIT today. 2938u4ji23