Giants beat Patriots one year ago today.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
Yes, they...........

STOMPED YOU OUT!
One of the best days in sports history. Good triumphed over evil....for real.

:+excited-

Re: Giants beat Patriots one year ago today.

Stomped us out? Either you weren't watching the same game or I know more about football than you guys...which would be very sad. The Giants outplayed the Pats that day. No doubt about that. They earned that win. But I still strongly feel that if the Pats and Giants had played 10 times, the Pats would have won 9. It was a great game (for Giants fans), but to say they were stomped is a little extreme.

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated

Beat them nine out of ten? If you're a Pats fan, you'll know that any time that Brady faced a good defensive team, he's always had trouble. I think they would be lucky to win 5 out of 10.

Beat them nine out of ten? If you're a Pats fan, you'll know that any time that Brady faced a good defensive team, he's always had trouble. I think they would be lucky to win 5 out of 10.

I'm gonna have to agree to disagree. Maybe not 9 out of 10...but at least 7. Brady has made some pretty good defensive teams look silly over the years, too. Sure, certain defensive strategies always seem to make him make mistakes, BUT Brady has pulled out some pretty impressinve last minute comebacks.

Like I said, though, the Giants outplayed us that day. They deserved to win...that day. ;)

Journeyman

EOG Master

I disagree with that Swede...the Giants figured out NE, Brady was no longer able to sit back and eat lunch, he had real pressure on him and that was the difference...NE would still win their fair share over NY but towards the end of that season teams were figuring out how to play NY (Phi , Balto, NYG all could have beat them earlier)

They were still the better team overall, but not nearly the 90% you are throwing out there IMO.

Once Brady couldn't control the games, the NE defense was exposed some too, as they had to spend time on the field.

I disagree with that Swede...the Giants figured out NE, Brady was no longer able to sit back and eat lunch, he had real pressure on him and that was the difference...NE would still win their fair share over NY but towards the end of that season teams were figuring out how to play NY (Phi , Balto, NYG all could have beat them earlier)

They were still the better team overall, but not nearly the 90% you are throwing out there IMO.

Once Brady couldn't control the games, the NE defense was exposed some too, as they had to spend time on the field.

I'm sure you can respect that my love for my team may have caused me to eggagerate a bit. ;)

I don't know, Jman. It seems to me that the Pats were learning how to beat teams like NYG, PHI and Balto, too. I'm not saying the Giants didn't have a great team or that they didn't outplay the Pats that day. But come on, you watched that game...would you really say they got "stomped"? That game could have gone either way almost up to the end.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Of course they didn't get stomped lol

I'd set that 10 game imaginary match over under at 6 wins, flat. :)

tripp

EOG Master

I don't like either, but I would agree that NE wins that game 9 out of 10. That was their worst game of the year and they STILL lost only because of a RIDICULOUS catch by David Tyree on a play that Eli Manning somehow escaped a sack. Maybe the greatest overall play of all time, and that's what ruined the Pats perfect season.

I actually will say that if you play that game 100 times the Pats will COVER the spread more often than not. Just my opinion of coarse, but if they played that game again I'd take NE minus the points.

Would have loved to see a perfect season that night, but that was a very memorable game as well. Nice to have back to back great Super Bowls.