Ready to go 5-0 Tuesday, including 1 Huge Play

NCAAhoopsJUNKIE

EOG Addicted
I've been treading around .500 the past few days, but I went 2-1 Monday with Providence and Kansas winning and covering, but Cuse lost. Taking that many points for a good team is so tempting, but I keep telling people that these quality Big East teams always seem to win and cover at home, so I don't know why I went agains that. Pitt, G'town, Cuse, ND, L'ville, UConn, Marquette, WV, Nova are all tough places to play, especially the first 6 I just wrote, and most of these teams haven't played many non-conference road games because they know the Big East is gonna be tough enough and good enough for their resume. So, winning on the road against these teams is rare. Anyway, I feel very confident for my Tuesday picks.

SOUTH FLORIDA (-6) vs. DePaul: I'm tempted to call this a lock, but I know that nothing is a lock in sports. But, this is a huge play for me. I had Wake Forest as a huge play at Clemson on Saturday, and they won by 10 as a 2-pt underdog. This is almost as big a pick as Wake was. South Florida won by 22 at DePaul already, and DePaul is terrible. South Florida isn't as bad as some people think. They almost beat Syracuse, losing by 4, and they only lost by 14 to Pitt, which is respectable. They've been in a lot of games this season, they have decent guards with Dominique Jones and Jesus Verdejo, and they're at home in this game. This should be pretty easy.

ILLINOIS (-7.5) vs. Ohio State: This is one of those games where it's tempting to take the points for a good team. But OSU just won at Michigan, so there isn't as much necessity for them to win this game. I think Illinois is probably a little better than OSU right now, and I can't bet against them at home. Illinois' only two losses this year are by 2 to a very good Clemson team and to Michigan, which they already got revenge on. OSU, on the other hand, has been inconsistent.

VIRGINIA (+8.5) at Maryland: Maryland has been very inconsistent, and haven'd played great at home. They lost to Morgan State at home, and they're coming off a tough loss in overtime at FSU. Virginia blew Maryland out last March when Maryland was better and Virginia may have been worse. I'll take my chances with VA and the points.

NC STATE (+19) at Duke: Duke just won a big game over G'town and are now playing a NC State team they figure they'll beat. This is a big game for NC State with the in-state rivalry, and NC State is coming off a big OT win over Ga Tech, so they have some confidence. The WolfPack have competed in all of their road games. They lost by 12 at Clemson, and they almost won at Davidson and at Florida. If NC State plays hard and hustles, and Brandon Costner shoots well from outside, they should be able to keep this one respectable.

PENN STATE (-3) vs. Michigan: This is one of those games that seems like Michigan is the easy choice, as a ranked team getting points against an unranked team. But, Penn State is playing with confidence right now, and they've played well at home. Michigan has been pretty bad on the road. Penn State might be as good as Michigan is. I'll take PSU to get a big Big Ten home win here.

mofome

Banned
Re: Ready to go 5-0 Tuesday, including 1 Huge Play

5-0 it is!! thanks man. You should have gotten 9 on uva!

NCAAhoopsJUNKIE

EOG Addicted

I would certainly say so. I'd be shocked if DePaul won at South Florida. You should be good with Illinois for ML as well. And of course Duke.

Forgive me if I am wrong but I think the Depaul/S.Fla game might be a little trickier than it seems. Cant find any reason to take Depaul but these rematch situations are usually pretty dicey. At any rate I hope you cash it. Nice write ups and opinions. Like your other plays and must say betting the Cuse is a curse whatever side you take.

NCAAhoopsJUNKIE

EOG Addicted

I don't know if it was you or someone else, but somone wrote yesterday the same thing about the Cincy/Providence game and I was right taking Providence. I'd buy into that rematch factor if the team won at home and now the other team is at home or if it's close or if the team that lost is definitely better than the team it lost to, but none of those were the case in Cincy/Prov and none of those are the case in this game.

Yeah it was me, Cincy choked at end of half with turnovers and blew a near cover at the end with turnovers again. Close but no cigar.
The main factors for this angle are home team overconfidence, revenge with knowing exactly how the losing team lost the first game against the same team, and line value because of the blowout. I also feel that in the case of a blowout, many times a team put up a real stinker while the winner played a A+ type game and things tend to even out the next time around.
Im not trying to say your on the wrong side here, cause Depaul is flailing badly and something about them could be heading to the point of no return. Just that it might not be a near lock because of the blowout but possibly just the opposite.
Like your stuff and mean no disrespect.
Your record is better than mine by a good ways. Good luck and hope its a winner.

NCAAhoopsJUNKIE

EOG Addicted

No, it's cool, I want to hear what everyone thinks. Providence was actually up 17 at one point in the second half, and Dixon hit 3 straight 3's to get it under 10. Like I said, if the home team was the one that won the first time and now it's at the other team's home, or if the team that lost is definitely better than the other team, or if it was close the first time around, then I buy into the revenge factor, but if not, I think it's a blowout once again.

GL on your plays today, I'm on Depaul myself, but you make a strong case for South Florida. They have been playing well against some tough teams, so I'm thinking they might be looking past this one and Depaul finds a way to keep it within the spread....But we all know how far off base I can be at times! Here's some trends of interest.
<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahl2b vAlign=top width="29%">DePaul:</TD><TD class=datacell>
  • <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>DEP are 2-10 ATS in their last 12 games overall.
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2b vAlign=top width="29%">South Florida:</TD><TD class=datacell>
  • <LI class=more><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>Under is 8-1 in SOFLA last 9 Tue. games.
  • SOFLA are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 Tue. games.
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2b vAlign=top width="29%">Head to Head:</TD><TD class=datacell>
  • <LI class=more><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>Road team is 8-2 ATS in the last 10 meetings.
  • Over is 6-2 in the last 8 meetings.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

NCAAhoopsJUNKIE

EOG Addicted

What did I tell you guys? 5-0! Even with Verdejo out, South Florida covered. Illinois and Penn State not even close. The other two I had to sweat out, but both had one bad half and still covered.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Nice day!! You even outwitted the movers on some of these. Lines moves went against you on some and didnt matter.

Cloverleaf

EOG Dedicated

Junkie....will say Horseshit until we know the UNITs. Fuck, you can't win on EOG
unless you are a unit poster. Missed it, what where the Units Bud.

Pay window my friend.

NCAAhoopsJUNKIE

EOG Addicted

I know more about college hoops than Vegas, so line moves don't matter to me. Sorry to be cocky, but it's the truth. Sometimes crazy things happen and that's why college hoops is the best sport, but hopefully I can be right a lot more than wrong. Let's keep working for each other, boys.

Junkie....will say Horseshit until we know the UNITs. Fuck, you can't win on EOG
unless you are a unit poster. Missed it, what where the Units Bud.

Pay window my friend.

Dude goes calls out 5-0 and hits it and you want to see units?

certainly there are better things for you to be doing with your time

Nice job Junkie, confidence is not cockines unless your a cock about it. Your alright in my book. Keep it up. I was sweatin the S.Fla play with ya as much as I could stand to watch it, can you admit it was closer than you would have liked..... they kind of didnt have a the intensity of the first game wouldnt you agree? You won though and thats what counts.

Sweating an ugly one myself with CSU right now. Looks like they may be pulling away though.

Nice day bro, do it again tomorrow.:cheers

NCAAhoopsJUNKIE

EOG Addicted

I was a little worried about South Florida, but not really. First of all, Jesus Verdejo was out, and he's a 5th year senior who is very valuable on both ends of the floor. But I watched that whole game on ESPNU, and you can tell how much better South Florida is than DePaul. On a side note, there was nobody at that game at all, so home court didn't matter much. But DePaul can't catch the ball. They have terrible hands. And they can't hit open shots for their life, except Dar Tucker, who isn't that great himself. DePaul stayed in the game because they were aggressive and kept getting fouled and going to the line. USF missed a lot of easy layups. But I honestly was pretty confident the whole way that USF would cover.

:+cool-1+ Thats the way to be brother. Get em again. Look forward to tomorrows action.

What did I tell you guys? 5-0! Even with Verdejo out, South Florida covered. Illinois and Penn State not even close. The other two I had to sweat out, but both had one bad half and still covered.
Nice day and good call on the Bulls may'n! I could've saved myself some coin and made some if I would have tailed ya.....My day sucked:doh1
Time for a break for me