Eagles Cardinals, lets talk about it......

Journeyman

EOG Master
Arizona has played so well in the playoffs and getting 4 points at home.....Which team has looked more impressive so far, AZ or PHI?

I think AZ and they have played tougher opponents...Car was red hot, Atlanta ...Philly played a sloppy game vs Minn and the Giants were clearly not the same team the final month.

4 seems like a lot of points here....Philly's offense is nothing special and Az can score at will , especially at home.

Az scored 29 points or more in 8 of the 9 games at Az this season.

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated
Re: Eagles Cardinals, lets talk about it......

my brother lives in phoenix so that would be pretty cool if arizona went.where is the super bowl this year?

i think the ravens and cardinals would be a heck of a super bowl.either that or steelers vs. eagles.

Journeyman

EOG Master

It would seem at the very least there's somewhat of a correlated situation here...

If you like Az, why not play the Cards and over?

They've scored 29 or more every game at AZ but once and that was after they clinched the West.

8/9 times Az has scored 29+ at home. total 48.5

Journeyman

EOG Master

my brother lives in phoenix so that would be pretty cool if arizona went.where is the super bowl this year?

i think the ravens and cardinals would be a heck of a super bowl.either that or steelers vs. eagles.

The game is in Tampa, same as it was last time Balto won it.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

A. The gambling gods want Philly in the superbowl as u can see with this joke of a line to keep the money off of them
b. Westbrookes inujury is most likely a crock of shit to keep that money off of Philly
C. Watch the drops by Bolden in crucial sitations
D. Westbrook three TD's, Defense two TD's, Mcnab all the credit.
E. Bolden key drops in key situations
F. Fuk those points. Philly money line for me.
G. Penalties Zona 15 Philly 5 with all five coming when the game is out of reach.
H. Warner back to fumbling.
That is what my Ouigi board say's.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

I think a FG decides the game.....

Journeyman

EOG Master

Nobody has stopped Az at home all season...take the points and the over

ballwonder

EOG Master

I pray zona wins this game. If you had to chose between Balt and Pitt to make it to the superbowl who would you chose J. Betjam has a nice prop of +600 if zona and balt meet in the bowl. I really think Zona has a chance but between Balt and Pitt I really think that one could go either way.

I have a house about 15 min from where ariz play.............2nd Homer play
So I'm pulling for arizona..........

Journeyman

EOG Master

I pray zona wins this game. If you had to chose between Balt and Pitt to make it to the superbowl who would you chose J. Betjam has a nice prop of +600 if zona and balt meet in the bowl. I really think Zona has a chance but between Balt and Pitt I really think that one could go either way.

I like the points in both games, but not by a whole lot...I do believe there's value on AR and OVER played together, I don't see that going 0-2...

I believe there's a far greater chance of that going 2-0 than 0-2.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Pray all you want...Eagles in a romp:houra

B

Bruce Dickinson

AZ +10 in 2/6 teaser is good to go IMO

hard part is finding the 2nd leg of the teaser............

AZ +10 in 2/6 teaser is good to go IMO

hard part is finding the 2nd leg of the teaser............

Disagree on a teaser in this game to many points being scored to make it worth it. If AZ gets ahead there could be no looking back but at the sametime if they get down it could get real ugly. I think you get the most value out of the AZ ML. IMHO

Journeyman

EOG Master

Who knows wich Cards team will show, seriously...this is a very tough spread to figure IMO.

Apple

Banned

Philly has an amazing defense.. Top 5 both against the run and pass..

Philly also throws the ball well, Arizona's secondary is vulnerable..

Brian Dawkins, Assante Samuel will handle the pass game

Eagles complex blitz schemes will mess with Warner's rhythm and wont allow him to get the ball down the field as successfully..{Plus he isn't that mobile}

Eagles 48 Cards 20 THANKSGIVING

Cards win against the Panthers was a fluke, 6 TO's by one player, AZ was life or death versus a rookie QB and ATL.. PHI >> ATL

Eagles is my game of the year and my only 5 unit play of the season.

Journeyman

EOG Master

J man. Tt on az is 21 . Gl against top 4 def

Carolina was a pretty damn good defense as well and Az lit them up big time.

Laying 4 in this spot is crazy....Philly has not looked that good in the playoffs, they played two teams that struggled at QB, unforced errors, Warner is red hot.

They have scored 29+ in 8/9 home games.

I certainly don't love the game...but do feel good about the over and Az coming up way more than any other combo .

Journeyman

EOG Master

The Cards were beating Car well before Jake's meltdown, they handled Carolina.

I love how everyone makes a case for mistakes being unforced errors...just like Tenn vs Balto, they took the ball away....you can't have it both ways.

The Cards are red hot, Fitz, Warner, Cromartie, Edge, they're on a roll getting 4??? In a championship game? AZ and the OVER

Apple

Banned

Arizona's red hot! Life of death against atlanta. Jake threw the ball right into defenders hands. Can't judge az off one game. Eagles more experienced. Way better d

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

When is the last time there was a home dog in a conference championship game? I seriously can't remember one. Maybe the 49ers vs. Dallas in the Catch game?

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

Boognish

EOG Enthusiast

I think it's a good line, some value in arizona being the home team.

Philly has an amazing defense.. Top 5 both against the run and pass..

Philly also throws the ball well, Arizona's secondary is vulnerable..

Brian Dawkins, Assante Samuel will handle the pass game

Eagles complex blitz schemes will mess with Warner's rhythm and wont allow him to get the ball down the field as successfully..{Plus he isn't that mobile}

Eagles 48 Cards 20 THANKSGIVING

Eagles is my game of the year and my only 5 unit play of the season.

I agree 100%...

I ML'd the Eagles last weekend, and will be doing it again this weekend...They do everything well. You absolutely can not be one dimensional against Philly's D. Without a run game to turn to, Philly will win this game with thier Defense.

Has everyone forgot about Kurt's tendecy to fumble the ball and have bad TO's? You will be reminded this weekend...

I had Zona on the ML last weekend too, so i feel dialed in the playoffs. Basically, i felt Delhome has been suspect all year and i thought Zona could contain the run. Carolina was a good for them matchup wise...But, Philly is as bout as bad a matchup for them as i can think of...

I like the Card's, alot actually, i had Boldin on my fantasy team...But let's get real, 6 of thier 9 wins came against SF, St Lou, and Seattle...not impressed...Thier other 3 wins, only 1 was against a playoff team, and Miami may have been the weakest teams in the playoffs...They each hosted a good Atlanta club...Zona a 6pt win, Philly a 13 pt win...

And to top it off, philly already beat that ass 48-20 earlier in the season...Granted they were at home, but that is a 28 point win...Philly is better now.

Nice season Zona, things just kind of worked out for them this year. Noone expected them to make it this far. Putting in Kurt over Leinart was the key obviously...

But,

against a hungry, motivated, LEGIT, Philly club, it's over...

We see this game the same Gyno, Philly is worthy of your 5 unit play IMO...91023i2ndw;l

texansfan

EOG Master

Tex, if Balto and Az meet you are pulling for Az no doubt?

:blink:

Well, more money in my pocket if they won but I would be happy if both teams made it. I would be able to sit back and really enjoy the game knowing that I would come out ahead without having to place any further bets.

Arizona winning though would net me about three times more money though...:+cool-1+

roach23

Banned
Eagles are focused.

Eagles are focused.

Bob Ford
The Eagles take Arizona seriously - really

By Bob Ford
Inquirer Sports Columnist

ROSS D. FRANKLIN / Associated Press
The Cardinals' Kenny Iwebema (left) and Antonio Smith laugh it up. The Eagles, meanwhile, said all the right things about taking Arizona seriously.

The Eagles are saying the right things this week about the Arizona Cardinals. If you look deeply into their eyes, there isn't even a glint of a hint of dishonesty when they say they are taking the Cardinals very, very seriously. And then they nod. Very, very seriously.
It could be that when they get behind the tinted glass of their monster trucks and leave work, they turn up the music so no one can hear and scream, "All we have to do to get to the Super Bowl is beat the stinking Arizona Cardinals! Mwah-ha-ha-ha!"
And could you blame them? I mean, really, the Arizona Cardinals? One of the most inept franchises in the history of the National Football League? A division champion by default in the tattered ruins of the NFC West? The Arizona Cardinals?
Yes, those guys.
That is not what they are saying, however, and it is true that any team with bruised toes from a season of unexpected stumbles shouldn't be taking anyone else lightly.
You know the refrain. If you can't beat the Cincinnati Bengals . . . if you can't get one stinking yard against the Chicago Bears . . . if you can't slip past a broken and empty Washington Redskins team . . . yes, all of that.
That was then, however. Now the Eagles are riding the wave of confidence they have built from the still water around their ankles after the Nov. 23 loss to Baltimore. The first rising tide came just days later - a 28-point win over the - that's right - Arizona Cardinals.
Now the streak has reached six wins in the last seven games, including solid playoff victories over Minnesota and the defending champion New York Giants. The Eagles are being carried by their defense, but quarterback Donovan McNabb is healthy and the offense is dangerous as well. Against Arizona in November, McNabb threw four touchdown passes and had his second-highest passer rating of the season, behind only the season-opening rout of St. Louis.
Still, what you get this week is what you expect to get, and what you should get. You just wonder if they really believe it.
"There is no time for looking past anybody," Brian Dawkins said. "We're on the road, in hostile environment. We're not looking at that last game and thinking the same thing is going to happen again. We understand it's going to be tough to win and we will have to have our A-game to do it."
Over the long history of the NFL, it has usually taken only a C-minus or D-plus game to beat the Cardinals. Even this season, as the Cards reeled to the finish line, it wasn't that difficult. In the final five weeks of the season, Arizona lost games by 21, 28 and 40 points. Forty points!
Beyond that, the collective unconscious of the franchise represents a sticky spider web of failure across the players' faces. The most recent division championship before this season came 33 years and a time zone ago. It was 1975 in St. Louis under coach Don Coryell.
Current coach Ken Whisenhunt is the 11th head coach for the team since that last division title, and the 9-7 record this season is just the second winning record since 1984.
If the Cardinals should win on Sunday, it will be the franchise's first serious championship since Harry Truman was filling out Franklin Roosevelt's final term. They beat the Eagles in Chicago's Comiskey Park in 1947. I think Arizona was already a state back then, but I'll have to check.
The Eagles are having none of it, of course. Not only aren't the Cardinals the team that lost games for all those years. They aren't the team that lost games this season. Again, you just wonder if they really believe it.
"When you put on their last two games, you see a team dominate . . . unless you can't see," Andy Reid said. "We have to be very aware of how well they're playing right now. That whole thing with the last time we played them. You're asking a team to come off a huge game against the Giants, and travel on Wednesday, play on Thursday, on a holiday. That's a tough thing to do."
The Cardinals didn't really dominate the Falcons in the first playoff game. Atlanta led at halftime and it was still a 21-17 game, Cards leading, until a long drive - one that featured four third-down conversions - put some distance between the teams very late in the third quarter. Last week against Carolina, well, the Cardinals can be credited for catching the passes that Panthers quarterback Jake Delhomme threw to them. Was it a great game? It looked great, and perhaps that's all that matters.
"I think their first [playoff] game could have gone either way," linebacker Stewart Bradley said. "And I think Carolina . . . might have thought they had an easy opponent. I don't want to make that assumption that's what they thought, but that's the way it looked when I watched the tape."
The Eagles promise the same thing won't happen to them. They won't let the ghosts of the Dave McGinnis-coached Cardinals trick them into thinking this will be easy. They have studied and learned their clich?s, and know they are their friends.
"On any given day, any team in the NFL can come at you," receiver Greg Lewis said.
Those are the right things to say. Even better, those are the right things to believe. Maybe the Eagles do believe them, but who could blame them if they didn't?
I mean, after all, the Arizona Cardinals. Nothing else between the Eagles and the Super Bowl. Shut the door, turn up the music. Mwah-ha-ha-ha.

Agree with Jman here, like AZ a lot in this game. You can add, never can be sure if Mcnabb will show up or not

felonee

EOG Veteran

Pitt, Balt, Eags Rank 1,2,3 in defense... There is a reason those teams are here. Can't find a reason why Az is here.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Pitt, Balt, Eags Rank 1,2,3 in defense... There is a reason those teams are here. Can't find a reason why Az is here.

And almost every single year the Super Bowl winner has been ranked in the top 5...I think that may have recently been broken but for many yrs that streak held true 100%.

texansfan

EOG Master

Arizona got in the playoffs because of a weak division, just like SD. However, for most of the season Ari was a one dimensional team. The opposing team knew they were going to throw the ball.

Now the Cards are running the ball pretty well and their defense has stepped up big time. Look at what they did to the running games of Atlanta and Carolina.

While it's true that Philly has a great defense their offense hasn't been all that good. They have been settling for FG's too often and Westbrook hasn't really been his usual spectacular self. A huge factor imo is how Warner handles the pressure. We all know that he can turn the ball over too much so that will be a key to this game.

I think Ari wins this game and I also like the under.