Mo/Madcapper... Who are top 5 mlb teams going into 09?

rjt721

EOG Master
Re: Mo/Madcapper... Who are top 5 mlb teams going into 09?

mofo and MC are the same person?

Inevitable what this thread will eventually become... You arguing and including many ":LMAO'' when people put a team other than the Cubs No. 1.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

yankees
mets
phillies
cubs
red sox

no particular order

5 star bomb

EOG Master

yankees
mets
phillies
cubs
red sox

no particular order

I like that list, very close to mine... Interesting to see you have 3 NL teams though. Heres mine, 3 AL East teams! :doh1

1. Cubs
2. Yankees
3. Red Sox
4. Mets (Have a feeling they take over Phillies this year in East)
5. Rays

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

The Cubs got worse, yet they got better in your eyes? That's really weird.

rjt721

EOG Master

If know you're a homer of epic proportions, but how the fuck can you honestly have the Cubs No. 1? Their OF defense is atrocious. And DeRosa's more valuable than Milton Bradley will ever be.

The Indians played excellent late in the year.. With Hafner and Martinez healthy, they are gonna look like a formidable lineup. The only thing is can they get enough pitching to gap in the loss of CC.. but they won at the end of the year without him. Need another monster year by the Cy Young winner

5 star bomb

EOG Master

If know you're a homer of epic proportions, but how the fuck can you honestly have the Cubs No. 1? Their OF defense is atrocious. And DeRosa's more valuable than Milton Bradley will ever be.

Derosa career year... Miles/Font will put up reasonable #'s at 2b with better defense. I agree Derosa was valuable as he could play anywhere on the field but Bradley is a much needed part to the team. Switch hitting, OBP/OPS guy

5 Star is a douche, but this is appauling. :doh1

rjt721

EOG Master

5 Star is a douche, but this is appauling. :doh1
Not really. DeRosa plays 5 positions and consistently gets on base. Bradley's coming off a terrific offensive season which was largely a result of him playing in one of the three best offensive ballparks in baseball (check his road splits... his overall numbers were very misleading). He's injury prone and is a very poor defensive OF who will now have to play the field every day. Throw in the fact the Cubs already have a defensive liability in the OF (Soriano), and they suddenly have arguably the worst defensive OF in baseball. And Bradley's a raging lunatic who should be in a straight jacket. Nice addition to the clubhouse.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Not really. DeRosa plays 5 positions and consistently gets on base. Bradley's coming off a terrific offensive season which was largely a result of him playing in one of the three best offensive ballparks in baseball (check his road splits... his overall numbers were very misleading). He's injury prone and is a very poor defensive OF who will now have to play the field every day. Throw in the fact the Cubs already have a defensive liability in the OF (Soriano), and they suddenly have arguably the worst defensive OF in baseball. And Bradley's a raging lunatic who should be in a straight jacket. Nice addition to the clubhouse.

wrong on so many accounts but its worthless debating bc I just get labeled a homer... So I will just let the play on the field do the talking for me. But real quick i will tell you what is wrong...

- Soriano much better defensively than given credit for, not to mention one of best at throwing out runners
- Bradley wants to win, teammates and coaches have nothing but good things to say
- Bradley says he is 100% from injury, he is average defender
- Miles also can play 5+ positions just like Dero

mofome

Banned

mo, why do you like the Braves that much? The more I look at it, the more I like the Fish to win the NL East.

I like their young arms, i like the vets that they bought in to match up with other teams 1s and 2s. I love Vazs stuff, it just wasn't meant for chic weather and the cell. I think they play in a terrible division and i think they have great management. They are my darkhorse for 09.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

I like their young arms, i like the vets that they bought in to match up with other teams 1s and 2s. I love Vazs stuff, it just wasn't meant for chic weather and the cell. I think they play in a terrible division and i think they have great management. They are my darkhorse for 09.

terrible division? huh?? Defending champs Phillies, Mets are solid, and Marlins always scrappy and find a way to stay around .500 or so

tripp

EOG Master

1. Yankees
2. Bo Sox
3. Rays
4. Cubs
5. Mets

al east will dominate this year. phillies will drop off as they are not a true top team. best team last year as much as it hurts to say was the bo sox. this year yanks top everyone though.

i think we see an epic world series this year with the yankees vs the cubs. mlb's greatest fantasy come true right there, with the yankees winning in 5.

roach23

Banned

Madcapper with the sharpest list in this thread

tripp

EOG Master

Madcapper with the sharpest list in this thread

that wouldn't have anything to do with his being the only list with the phillies, and you being a phillies fan, would it?:+clueless

mofome

Banned

1. Yankees
2. Bo Sox
3. Rays
4. Cubs
5. Mets

al east will dominate this year. phillies will drop off as they are not a true top team. best team last year as much as it hurts to say was the bo sox. this year yanks top everyone though.

i think we see an epic world series this year with the yankees vs the cubs. mlb's greatest fantasy come true right there, with the yankees winning in 5.

What do you think of the braves?

roach23

Banned

that wouldn't have anything to do with his being the only list with the phillies, and you being a phillies fan, would it?:+clueless

hey do you know who the world f'in champions are guy?

tripp

EOG Master

hey do you know who the world f'in champions are guy?

yes but that doesn't automatically make them a top team. i think the red sox were the best team last year, the best team doesn't always win. i would say the cubs had the best NL team easily, but didn't show it in the playoffs.

phillies are solid, no doubt, but basing the top rosters going into the year isn't about who won last year because the best team doesn't always win. you could even argue the best team usually DOESN'T win the championship. not trying to disrespect their title win, just saying I don't believe they have a top 5 group of players in the league.

roach23

Banned

yes but that doesn't automatically make them a top team. i think the red sox were the best team last year, the best team doesn't always win. i would say the cubs had the best NL team easily, but didn't show it in the playoffs.

phillies are solid, no doubt, but basing the top rosters going into the year isn't about who won last year because the best team doesn't always win. you could even argue the best team usually DOESN'T win the championship. not trying to disrespect their title win, just saying I don't believe they have a top 5 group of players in the league.

LOL right. And the Mets and Tampa are better? Get real. Philly is better than every team on your list. The Mets are the most over rated team in baseball. When's the last time the Yankees won something?

tripp

EOG Master

What do you think of the braves?

not sure right now to be honest. i don't know what to expect from them. i can see them finishing 4th in the east, but i can also see them making the playoffs and once you do that you have a shot at the series. they definitely need a big year out of chipper and mccan though and they need them to stay healthy.

francoeur needs to break out for them.

tripp

EOG Master

LOL right. And the Mets and Tampa are better? Get real. Philly is better than every team on your list. The Mets are the most over rated team in baseball. When's the last time the Yankees won something?

Yankees have a better rotation, arguably a better lineup, and a better closer. phils would be lucky to take a game from them in a series:doh1

only shot at avoiding the sweep would be cole hamels. unfortunately we might not find out in the series this year because Philadelphia might not even make the playoffs.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

wrong on so many accounts but its worthless debating bc I just get labeled a homer... So I will just let the play on the field do the talking for me. But real quick i will tell you what is wrong...

- Soriano much better defensively than given credit for, not to mention one of best at throwing out runners
- Bradley wants to win, teammates and coaches have nothing but good things to say
- Bradley says he is 100% from injury, he is average defender
- Miles also can play 5+ positions just like Dero

Everyone runs on Soriano..

Bradley is a cancer and a 100% troublemaker..and 100% certain he will get injured..

Miles belongs in the minors...

Teammates and coaches just LOVE Bradley to death...you been talking to them 5star?

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Yankees
Phillies
Tampa Bay
Red Sox
Twins
Angels
Mets
Cardinals

Screw the Cubbies...

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Bradley is a cancer and a 100% troublemaker..and 100% certain he will get injured..

Teammates and coaches just LOVE Bradley to death...you been talking to them 5star?

I hate the Cubs and 5 pisses me off about them, but everyone in Texas said they loved having him around. Josh Hamilton and Washington both praised him. Everyone I've ever heard talk about him said he was extremely charming, but he had a temper. They all said he was a great guy though. Gammon's was telling a story about how Bradley wrote him every single day after he suffered his stroke. He was telling Gammons that he hoped he got well soon, and that he was there for him. He even was the first guy to visit him I think gammons said.

Good thing others dont just listen to sportstalk radio. His teammates like him, and he plays his ass off. He treated Josh Hamilton like his younger brother last season. This statement proves that media inuendo actually is very effective, even with somewhat knowledgable people..

trapper

EOG Member

How about some teams with some good value? 1)Reds 2)Rangers 3) Pirates and then the obvious 4) Yankees and 5) Dodgers : others to watch for- SF Giants and the KC Royals-"with cheese" / can't wait for baseball

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

C'mon ...

the bigger question:

will Roger Clemems be OJ's cellmate in 2009?

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Why does everyone run on Soriano? He has a gun and is extremely accurate. Miles does not belong ion the minors, he is a nice platoon player. Teammates and coaches DO love Bradley from everything I have heard. Stop listening to everything ESPN feeds you

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Why does everyone run on Soriano? He has a gun and is extremely accurate. Miles does not belong ion the minors, he is a nice platoon player. Teammates and coaches DO love Bradley from everything I have heard. Stop listening to everything ESPN feeds you

I'll say this. In LA, they didn't have praise for Bradley like they did in Texas. A couple people in the Dodgers organization said that Bradley was a ticking bomb. The players weren't sure when he was going to go off, but he said he was a very charming guy. They said it was good to get rid of him, but those west coast pansies are soft. :+textinb3

Texas had praise for him and LA didn't. I guess we'll see how he does in Chicago.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

I'll say this. In LA, they didn't have praise for Bradley like they did in Texas. A couple people in the Dodgers organization said that Bradley was a ticking bomb. The players weren't sure when he was going to go off, but he said he was a very charming guy. They said it was good to get rid of him, but those west coast pansies are soft. :+textinb3

Texas had praise for him and LA didn't. I guess we'll see how he does in Chicago.

Yeah I think the main guy that he had a problem with in LA though was Jeff Kent.... And Jeff Kent isnt an easy guy to get a long with

Journeyman

EOG Master

The funniest was when Bradley fired that bottle into the ground...that was classic Milton. He's usually gets hurt at some point but when he plays he produces...

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Yeah I think the main guy that he had a problem with in LA though was Jeff Kent.... And Jeff Kent isnt an easy guy to get a long with

I heard that Kent took a bad rap because of Bradley. Bradley accused him of being racist, when in reality he didn't make a racist comment at all. That's what I heard.