Elway named new GM in Denver.

Re: Elway named new GM in Denver.

If you look at the timing of things it makes a lot of sense. I dont know why anyone would laugh. Everyone knows Elways last job was basically apprentice work.

Elway was a terrible head man with the Crush.

Giving him the keys to an NFL franchise is suicide.

He will be known as the white Isiah Thomas.

Since when did winning a championship become so terrible? :+textinb3

He won a championship because if I remember correctly he spent more money than every other team but Philly.

Also, if I remember right Chicago should have won that game.

One more thing......Elway was a BIG TIME reason why the AFL folded.

If it happens, hopefully his first round pick will refuse to play for the Broncos and Elway will be forced to trade the guy to the Colts

He won a championship because if I remember correctly he spent more money than every other team but Philly.

Also, if I remember right Chicago should have won that game.

One more thing......Elway was a BIG TIME reason why the AFL folded.

Care to elaborate?

Please try to say something smart. The AFL has a salary cap 1st off. 2ndly chicago should have one is your answer to them winning a championship. Why do they bven keep score in sports anymore? Maybe we shoud make it more like American Idle and vote for who should win at the end of the game.

I cant wait to here why Elway was the reason the AFL folded. I know its hard but try look like you actualy know what your talkning about this time.:thumbsup

Care to elaborate?

Please try to say something smart. The AFL has a salary cap 1st off. 2ndly chicago should have one is your answer to them winning a championship. Why do they bven keep score in sports anymore? Maybe we shoud make it more like American Idle and vote for who should win at the end of the game.

I cant wait to here why Elway was the reason the AFL folded. I know its hard but try look like you actualy know what your talkning about this time.:thumbsup

Hahahahahahaha. I'd bet money I know more about the AFL than you do. I just had lunch with the Predators' former PR director three days ago if that says anything.

I called my main source of information on the AFL, Adam Markowitz of ArenaFan. He gave me permission to use these quotes.

"Colorado, Philadelphia, San Jose, and Tampa Bay all got caught cheating the salary cap. Colorado's cheating of the soft cap was the reason why they only suited 16 men for a lot of their games this season."

"Elway destroyed the AFL. He spearheaded free substitution. He was quoted as saying he wanted to turn the AFL into the NFL, a move which made it lose some of its uniqueness. And foremost, he spearheaded the move that led to the collapse of the AFL."

Don't challenge me on the AFL. Seriously. You are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy out of your element.

Care to refute an AFL insider with contacts across the AFL? No? Than kindly shut the fuck up and take a seat son.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

NFC

No
Darn
Chance

he will NOT be "our" GM and i say that with 100% confidence. a NFL GM is NOT an entry-level position - or at least one with a decent organization

Hahahahahahaha. I'd bet money I know more about the AFL than you do. I just had lunch with the Predators' former PR director three days ago if that says anything.

I called my main source of information on the AFL, Adam Markowitz of ArenaFan. He gave me permission to use these quotes.

"Colorado, Philadelphia, San Jose, and Tampa Bay all got caught cheating the salary cap. Colorado's cheating of the soft cap was the reason why they only suited 16 men for a lot of their games this season."

"Elway destroyed the AFL He spearheaded free substitution. He was quoted as saying he wanted to turn the AFL into the NFL, a move which made it lose some of its uniqueness. And foremost, he spearheaded the move that led to the collapse of the AFL."

Don't challenge me on the AFL. Seriously. You are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy out of your element.

Care to refute an AFL insider with contacts across the AFL? No? Than kindly shut the fuck up and take a seat son.

1st off I asked you to say something intelligent.

A lot of nice quotes you have there to bad none of them answer either of my questions.

Here I will try to make it easier for you.

1. How did Elway ruin the AFL? And if you say by being quoted as saying he wants it to be like the NFL youre an idiot.

2. How does winning a championship a failure? And if you say they shouldnt have one it youre idiot.

janus

EOG Dedicated

A lot of nice quotes you have there to bad none of them answer either of my questions.

1. How did Elway ruin the AFL? And if you say by being quoted as saying he wants it to be like the NFL youre an idiot.

2. How does winning a championship a failure? And if you say they shouldnt have one it youre idiot.

you're dumb. break that down into points for review.

NFC

No
Darn
Chance

he will NOT be "our" GM and i say that with 100% confidence. a NFL GM is NOT an entry-level position - or at least one with a decent organization

His title might be VP or GM or something in that category. The only 2 changes I see them making in the front office is getting rid of Shanny and adding Elway. They are not actively looking for a GM or VP of football operations and the only conclusion I can come to is becuase they are keeping the front office intact. I wouldnt be surpised if most of the coaches on the offenseive side of the ball keep their jobs either.

I would love to see the how much more money the Crush made compared to the other teams.And thats in a town where they were competing against all 5 major sports. Not fucking podunk Nashville.

"Elway destroyed the AFL. He spearheaded free substitution. He was quoted as saying he wanted to turn the AFL into the NFL, a move which made it lose some of its uniqueness. And foremost, he spearheaded the move that led to the collapse of the AFL."

Wow you are dumb. Look at the bolded quote above and you can see I already answered your first question with a direct quote from someone who GETS PAID TO WRITE FOR THE AFL.

As for two, would you consider the Barry Switzer era in Dallas a success? I wouldn't either............

Any more questions from someone who has no idea what they are talking about?

I would love to see the how much more money the Crush made compared to the other teams.And thats in a town where they were competing against all 5 major sports. Not fucking podunk Nashville.

Oh My God

The Crush lost quite a bit of money. Why do you think that Elway led the way in cancelling the season? Because he (and others) saw that expenses were greatly outweighing profits. That is why the owners told players that if there was any hope of having a 2009 season, all of their pay would be slashed by 25%. And even after the players agreed to the paycut, the owners still voted to cancel the season. Elway led the move to cancel the season.

Would Elway have wanted to cancel the season if he was making money? Hell no. And Elway's pushing to cancel the season killed the AFL.

Jesus Christ, get a clue please.

Wow you are dumb. Look at the bolded quote above and you can see I already answered your first question with a direct quote from someone who GETS PAID TO WRITE FOR THE AFL.

As for two, would you consider the Barry Switzer era in Dallas a success? I wouldn't either............

Any more questions from someone who has no idea what they are talking about?

He covers the AFL = not good enough for real football. Whats he make 18k a year. Trust me Elway wasnt excepted by AFL "insiders" your not blowing any ones cover here.

Will see how much I know when all that I have siad comes to fruition.

Oh My God

The Crush lost quite a bit of money. Why do you think that Elway led the way in cancelling the season? Because he (and others) saw that expenses were greatly outweighing profits. That is why the owners told players that if there was any hope of having a 2009 season, all of their pay would be slashed by 25%. And even after the players agreed to the paycut, the owners still voted to cancel the season. Elway led the move to cancel the season.

Would Elway have wanted to cancel the season if he was making money? Hell no. And Elway's pushing to cancel the season killed the AFL.

Jesus Christ, get a clue please.

Get a clue about the AFL :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

He covers the AFL = not good enough for real football. Whats he make 18k a year.

He writes for a lot of different websites, but he loves the AFL. He doesn't really care about other sports, just the AFL.

Trust me Elway wasnt excepted by AFL "insiders" your not blowing any ones cover here.

I know that, but it still doesn't change the fact that he led the motion to cancel the season. If you lead the push to basically fold your business, does that make you a successful executive? I don't think so.

Will see how much I know when all that I have siad comes to fruition.

I don't even know what this means. I never challenged your claim that Elway would be the Broncos' GM. What I said was that it would be a terrible choice for all the shit that he did to the Crush and the AFL.

Get a clue about the AFL :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Seriously, what do you know about the AFL? I haven't seen one damn post that shows you have the slightest bit of insight into the AFL. You even said yourself it was widely known that AFLers didn't like Elway and that this wasn't inside information.

Jesus Tittyfucking Christ, please take lessons in basic logic. Please. Before you end up with children as retarded as yourself.

janus

EOG Dedicated

wikipedia: DEALING WITH A MORON

its difficult when one deals with a moron. rebuttals fall flat & are unable to be recognized. its like talking to a wall of stupid. morons win every dispute because they don't recognize logic.

I know that, but it still doesn't change the fact that he led the motion to cancel the season. If you lead the push to basically fold your business, does that make you a successful executive? I don't think so.[/quote]

Yes if the league as a whole was losing money why continue? Sounds like a great exec to me. And dont act like he was alone in this how many other teams wanted to go on with 2009 season 1 maybe 2?

And maybe I worded it wrong when I said how much more the crush made. I should have said how much less they lost. Hard to make money with no real TV contract.

Seriously, what do you know about the AFL? I haven't seen one damn post that shows you have the slightest bit of insight into the AFL. You even said yourself it was widely known that AFLers didn't like Elway and that this wasn't inside information.

Jesus Tittyfucking Christ, please take lessons in basic logic. Please. Before you end up with children as retarded as yourself.

When did I claim to be Mr Knowledgeable about the AFL. You misinterpreted my words. I never once claimed to know more than you. I was simply laughing at the notion you would say "get a clue about the AFL" it would be like me telling you to get a clue about the USFL. :+textinb3

I know that, but it still doesn't change the fact that he led the motion to cancel the season. If you lead the push to basically fold your business, does that make you a successful executive? I don't think so.

Yes if the league as a whole was losing money why continue? Sounds like a great exec to me. And dont act like he was alone in this how many other teams wanted to go on with 2009 season 1 maybe 2?

And maybe I worded it wrong when I said how much more the crush made. I should have said how much less they lost. Hard to make money with no real TV contract.[/quote]

Every die-hard AFLer I talk to says that a mix of ESPN and these celebrity owners (Elway, Bon Jovi/Jaworski, Ditka, and McGraw) destroyed the AFL.

Yes, you are right, only a few teams were making money, but many wanted to cut costs and go on. Elway wanted to just cut bait.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

NFC

No
Darn
Chance

Not for the Broncos. Only the Lions would do something this stupid

When did I claim to be Mr Knowledgeable about the AFL. You misinterpreted my words. I never once claimed to know more than you. I was simply laughing at the notion you would say "get a clue about the AFL" it would be like me telling you to get a clue about the USFL. :+textinb3

Fair enough. I assumed it was a derogatory remark.

And maybe I worded it wrong when I said how much more the crush made. I should have said how much less they lost. Hard to make money with no real TV contract.

Every die-hard AFLer I talk to says that a mix of ESPN and these celebrity owners (Elway, Bon Jovi/Jaworski, Ditka, and McGraw) destroyed the AFL.

Yes, you are right, only a few teams were making money, but many wanted to cut costs and go on. Elway wanted to just cut bait.[/quote]

Wouldnt you agree that die hard fans would want the show to go on no matter what. I personaly think Elway was looking long term on this and made what was clearly a business decision to fold.

All name calling aside we differ on how well Elway would do as NFL exec and I can accept that. I know bowlen wouldnt throw him the keys and say get on it son. Im guessing he would be about 3rd on the actualy pecking order and he wouldnt have the last say on much at least in the beginning. I dont think hes had more than a 5 min conversation with Cutler since hes been in Denver and thats all because Shanny didnt want him influencing his guy. Elway has always wanted to be a part of the Broncos organization and I believe now he will get his chance.

Fuck these quotes are all fucked up. Somebody reads this shit they wont know what to think!:+textinb3

Wouldnt you agree that die hard fans would want the show to go on no matter what. I personaly think Elway was looking long term on this and made what was clearly a business decision to fold.

All name calling aside we differ on how well Elway would do as NFL exec and I can accept that. I know bowlen wouldnt throw him the keys and say get on it son. Im guessing he would be about 3rd on the actualy pecking order and he wouldnt have the last say on much at least in the beginning. I dont think hes had more than a 5 min conversation with Cutler since hes been in Denver and thats all because Shanny didnt want him influencing his guy. Elway has always wanted to be a part of the Broncos organization and I believe now he will get his chance.

With his limited experience I just don't see why the Broncos would do that when there are a lot of great GM choices.

Also, when I said many others wanted to go on, I meant ownership groups. From what I have heard, the decision to cancel the season only passed by a single vote.