Question for HinesWard???? The one Steelers fan who tells it like he really see's it.

Bugman

EOG Dedicated
Re: Question for HinesWard???? The one Steelers fan who tells it like he really see's it.

As the sports authority here, I'll answer your question correctly.

Touchdown. The ball broke the plane. Period.

And....I was on the Ravens as posted in OSU's thread.

Re: Question for HinesWard???? The one Steelers fan who tells it like he really see's it.

Thought it could have been called either way whether it was or wasn't a touchdown. That being said, don't know how you can overturn the call on the field that he was short. No conclusive evidence either way so how can you overturn?

Oh well, I'll take the win even if it means losing by Ravens to win the North bet.

It's not as if the call wasn't overturned that a tie wasn't a lock here - or a TD on 4th and an inch. Both teams played about neck and neck - right up until the 4th quarter where the steelers were outplaying the Ravens. No reason to believe that even if the game had gone to OT the Steelers wouldn't have won anyway. Still, the ball touched the goalline - I could see it on a TV hung on the wall in the bar I was in - surely with more high-tech equipment availed to the refs is was even more plain.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

I was surprised they overturned the last call because it didn't seem conclusive. I do believe they were at least 85% to score a TD on the next play though. I have no clue why they didn't reverse the 1st review at the 30 yd line. The one thing I do know is that if they want to give me 3 with the Steelers again next week in Baltimore, I would bet Pitt again in a NY second.:cheers

I was surprised they overturned the last call because it didn't seem conclusive. I do believe they were at least 85% to score on the next play though. I have no clue why they didn't reverse the 1st review at the 30 yd line. The one thing I do know is that if they want to give me 3 with the Steelers again next week in Baltimore, I would bet Pitt again in a NY second.:cheers

You will get the Steelers and three again this week against a very similar team. You gonna be on em Ray?

I was surprised they overturned the last call because it didn't seem conclusive. I do believe they were at least 85% to score a TD on the next play though. I have no clue why they didn't reverse the 1st review at the 30 yd line. The one thing I do know is that if they want to give me 3 with the Steelers again next week in Baltimore, I would bet Pitt again in a NY second.:cheers
I'll wager you'll have a lot of company. 12io4j2w90

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

You will get the Steelers and three again this week against a very similar team. You gonna be on em Ray?
If they give me 3 I will bet 5% of my BR on it. Balt>Tenn IMO.:cheers

Journeyman

EOG Master

Thought it could have been called either way whether it was or wasn't a touchdown. That being said, don't know how you can overturn the call on the field that he was short. No conclusive evidence either way so how can you overturn?

Oh well, I'll take the win even if it means losing by Ravens to win the North bet.

Not to mention every intellegent sports personality in the nation said the call should have never been reversed....sadly the game will be tainted much like the Steelers win over Seattle in SB XL, cannot believe how bad these referees are, I hate to even talk about the refs, it started earlier in the game when they missed two calls on the Steelers first FG drive.

Thanks HinesWard , Merry Christmas 12io4j2w90

If they give me 3 I will bet 5% of my BR on it. Balt>Tenn IMO.:cheers
Fully agree. Baltimore is a damn good team and the team I am most worried about as a Steelers fan.

If Haynesworth is out or not at 100% for this week's game, gotta bet the Steelers. He is the only superstud on that defense.

Collins will be running around like a scared bunny this weekend.

Not to mention every intellegent sports personality in the nation said the call should have never been reversed....sadly the game will be tainted much like the Steelers win over Seattle in SB XL, cannot believe how bad these referees are, I hate to even talk about the refs, it started earlier in the game when they missed two calls on the Steelers first FG drive.

Thanks HinesWard , Merry Christmas 12io4j2w90

J-Man, To be fair I still don't believe Super Bowl XL was terribly called. I think the only really bad call was the PF on Hasselbeck for cut block and maybe the holding call that cost Seattle a first and goal at the 1. However, I think we will always disagree about the officiating in that game.

Merry Christmas to you and yours

Collins will be running around like a scared bunny this weekend.

Collins can't handle a passrush, never has been able to. That is why he shit the bed against the Ravens in the Super Bowl and against the Packers in the NFC Championship game.

Collins is Vinny Testaverde version 2.0

Collins can't handle a passrush, never has been able to. That is why he shit the bed against the Ravens in the Super Bowl and against the Packers in the NFC Championship game.

Collins is Vinny Testaverde version 2.0
I think he was better before Romanowski hit him in the pocket and broke his jaw when he was with the Panthers. He never seem to recover from that.

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

I gave Walt Coleman a call his morning. I got his voice mail and left him a few thoughts about his performance yesterday.

Journeyman

EOG Master

The Ravens played way too conservative on offense, of course the Steelers D had something to do with that but overall, you could tell Balto played to hold the lead instead of going for it, when Reed got the fumble recovery deep and they didn't come close to scoring a TD that was when I started worrying,and then the muff that the Steelers ended up recovering 20 yeards up field. Balto had several chances to go up by more than 7 which would have been plenty.

It felt like the Ravens staff was playing to hang on, and the Steelers were figuring things out , you could feel it slipping away, but when they pinned Pitt deep you're thinking as a Ravens fan, at worst OT....wrong!

Hats off to Pitt though, I know some of these Jman haters are saying I'm making excuses for Balto, not the case....

The Steelers did more to win the game in the end....just hate to see a ref like Coleman who already BLEW one call soooo badly , to then overturn what was obviously at best debatable and in no way conclusive, and then to give his explanantion like he was some old crazy uncle at the Thanksgiving family football game, drunk off his ass, not knowing the rules is embarrassing to the league and its fans.

It was a well-contested football game by two very good teams that certainly deserved a better ending.

Tamer

EOG Enthusiast

How was that the call on the field in the 1st place? Clearly Holmes had both feet in the endzone (which means nothing) and in real time, how does a ref make a call like that, saying he wasnt in? That ref seriously called him on the 1 inch line in real time?

I am 100% positive the right call was made after review. When the ref goes into the "booth" he sees everything needed as to when he had possession and where the ball was at at that point.

Besides, we took the ball 90 yards, in crunch time against the "2nd best" D in the division. Had they let the play stand, Ben would have fell forward for 6 on the next play anyway. Baltimore had their best offense on the field (their D), on the that drive, and they didnt get it done, plain and simple.

Hines.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

How was that the call on the field in the 1st place? Clearly Holmes had both feet in the endzone (which means nothing) and in real time, how does a ref make a call like that, saying he wasnt in? That ref seriously called him on the 1 inch line in real time?

I am 100% positive the right call was made after review. When the ref goes into the "booth" he sees everything needed as to when he had possession and where the ball was at at that point.

Besides, we took the ball 90 yards, in crunch time against the "2nd best" D in the division. Had they let the play stand, Ben would have fell forward for 6 on the next play anyway. Baltimore had their best offense on the field (their D), on the that drive, and they didnt get it done, plain and simple.

Hines.
What was the ref looking at in the 2nd quarter on the 1st review?

Tamer

EOG Enthusiast

Hines, the last play, your thoughts?

or,

"The last play? What was wrong with that? It was clearly an interception, why are you asking about it?"

Journeyman

EOG Master

Hines.

'we' your opinion is of a Steelers fan...

'how did the ref make the correct call to begin with' he asks?

He spotted him at the 3 inch line because that is where he gained posession.

waco

EOG Dedicated

the herd is going to talk about that play in a few minutes

waco

EOG Dedicated

this is what i believe. about the 1st down call: the guy in the booth thought another player had the ball when they made that call. on the end zone play: i dont belive they looked at where the ball was. if you heard the ref, he said both feet were in the end zone and nothing about the ball. the Herd is going to read from the rule book on this play now.

Tamer

EOG Enthusiast

'we' your opinion is of a Steelers fan...

'how did the ref make the correct call to begin with' he asks?

He spotted him at the 3 inch line because that is where he gained posession.

"Upon further review......we have a touchdown."

My questions was just, how the ref makes a game deciding call like that in "real time" when 95% of Holmes body was in the endzone. Either way it was called, the play needed to be reviewed. BUt breaking it down with all the equipment they have nowadays, i am sure they made the right call.

Raven fans need to worry about the other 89 yards that were gained, not the final 3 inches.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

"Upon further review......we have a touchdown."

My questions was just, how the ref makes a game deciding call like that in "real time" when 95% of Holmes body was in the endzone. Either way it was called, the play needed to be reviewed. BUt breaking it down with all the equipment they have nowadays, i am sure they made the right call.

Raven fans need to worry about the other 89 yards that were gained, not the final 3 inches.
And I ask again, What equipment did they use to decide Pitt made it to the 30yd line in the 1H?:pop:

there's no chance pitt was 85% to score on the next play

Tamer

EOG Enthusiast

Correct. If they went for a FG, it would have been 100%. 12io4j2w90

is that you in a Duce jersey?

I would believe they would have went for it had the play been upheld.

Ray...I didnt see the paly you are asking about..I was multitasking-fantasy football scoreboard and cooking a turkey that was due to be done at half so I could relax for the 2nd half. So I can't comment on it.

You think 95%?:+clueless

lol, if u watch nfl at all this season you'd be surprised how many teams are stopped on the goal line down after down

Correct. If they went for a FG, it would have been 100%. 12io4j2w90

yep, then your kicker acts "tough" and gets penalized so balt has the ball on the 50 and needs 3 points to win. which = bye bye pitt

Tamer

EOG Enthusiast

yep, then your kicker acts "tough" and gets penalized so balt has the ball on the 50 and needs 3 points to win. which = bye bye pitt

It wasnt an "act"...he is tough. :+textinb3

is that you in a Duce jersey?

I would believe they would have went for it had the play been upheld.

Ray...I didnt see the paly you are asking about..I was multitasking-fantasy football scoreboard and cooking a turkey that was due to be done at half so I could relax for the 2nd half. So I can't comment on it.
He speaks of a questionable first down call on 4th down.

My avatar is part me, part not me. A friend photoshopped my face onto this picture as I needed an immediate Steeler avatar for the upcoming game!

Journeyman

EOG Master

The penalty on the kicker was a token make up gift from the refs.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

sort of ironic, a baltimore player was standing on the goal line obstructing one the refs view.

i thought the play earlier, the "phantom 1st down" was just as big of a play, running back was a yard short and they gave them the first down...