EOG Dedicated
Re: "Live Selections! ... Sun ... 8-3-08

Update!

Races Played = 92

Wins = 23_______25%

Place = 35_______38%

Show = 54_______59%

Ran 4th or Better! = 64____70%

Overall Win Profits are Down ... (-) $15.80 ... (per $2.00)

Overall Place Profits are Down ... (-) $40.00 ... (per $2.00)

UltimateSelector!

EOG Dedicated

Ok 6 more races to go at Los Alamitos for the night!

Let's see what we can do ... 91023i2ndw;l

rcsbfd

EOG Member

Hey US I'm a little confused by your record keeping. What do you mean by win profits up $8.50 per $2.00. I show 2.90 returned for every 2.00 on win and 2.59 returned for every 2.00 on place at this point of your day.

Update!

Races Played = 25

Wins = 8_______32%

Place = 13_______52%

Show = 17_______68%

Ran 4th or Better! = 18____72%

Overall Win Profits are UP! ... + $8.50 ... (per $2.00) :+thumbs-2

Overall Place Profits are UP! ... + $0.80 ... (per $2.00)

UltimateSelector!

EOG Dedicated

Hey US I'm a little confused by your record keeping. What do you mean by win profits up $8.50 per $2.00. I show 2.90 returned for every 2.00 on win and 2.59 returned for every 2.00 on place at this point of your day.

Did you take it race by race & count every wager as if you were wagering $2.00 per play?
So you show a difference of (-) $5.60 & + $1.79 in the Place a total Difference of a Net (-) $3.81

So by your numbers I am a bit high on the Win side & I screwed myself on the Place side! :+clueless

I don't know what the confusion is except it's possible you are wrong on your math or it's possible I am off a tad bit. Either way I don't believe it's an issue as you can plainly see that a difference of a whole $3.81 is not worth arguing about. it's obvious I am NOT trying to pencil whip anything for anyone!
How bout I just say you are correct & we will leave it at the ok!
I appreciate your interest in keeping me straight. Maybe you I can hire you to be my CPA! I like guys who are good with numbers!

By the way that's pretty bold of a new poster with 2 posts to come at me about $3.81 ...

Why do I keep seeing ghosts?

Thanks I appreciate it!
U.S.

rcsbfd

EOG Member

My intention was not to keep you straight. Everybody keeps record differently. I express P&L per 2.00 dollars wagered. For example: Wagered $50 returned $72.50 72.5/25=2.90. I need a return of 1.83 to break even for most tracks and 1.94 for nyra tracks with rebate. I'm assuming you don't bet the same amount on every race. Confidence should increase bet size therefore actual profit and loss cannot be inferred from raw statistics which alot of your critics might take into account.

UltimateSelector!

EOG Dedicated

My intention was not to keep you straight. Everybody keeps record differently. I express P&L per 2.00 dollars wagered. For example: Wagered $50 returned $72.50 72.5/25=2.90. I need a return of 1.83 to break even for most tracks and 1.94 for nyra tracks with rebate. I'm assuming you don't bet the same amount on every race. Confidence should increase bet size therefore actual profit and loss cannot be inferred from raw statistics which alot of your critics might take into account.

Did you try reading my very 1st post of everyday?
I state in there how I play & how much for stats! It may be smart you to try reading that 1st!
I will calculate my Profits & losses the way they are explained in that post & not the way you may want for me to do it!
It is very simple & easy to understand & follow!
What I post & how much I wager are 2 completely different things here. I post each play as (per $2.00)
You only see what I post, what you don't see is how I wager & how much I personally wager! (unless I so choose to share it)
It's not about me & my finances! ... It's about posting Winners!

* By the way I did go back & re-do my math & I was dead on!
You said so yourself everyone keeps records differently!
Don't try mixing apples & oranges here with me & try confusing the issue!

Thanks!
U.S.

rcsbfd

EOG Member

Wow. I read your 1st post. I've also followed you at other boards but I never understood your P&L. After 25 races 50 dollars is wagered in each pool your return in the win pool is $72.50 for a profit of 22.50. Your place betting returns $64.50 for a profit of 14.50. I'm just trying to differentiate the apples from the oranges. No animosity.

UltimateSelector!

EOG Dedicated

Wow. I read your 1st post. I've also followed you at other boards but I never understood your P&L. After 25 races 50 dollars is wagered in each pool your return in the win pool is $72.50 for a profit of 22.50. Your place betting returns $64.50 for a profit of 14.50. I'm just trying to differentiate the apples from the oranges. No animosity.
Now see your not getting your facts straight here!

There were 7 races that I posted 2 horse selections not 1 selection ...
Or are you gunna give me 2 for 1 in those races?

Now you should have your apples & oranges straight!
If you have followed me on other boards like you say then you should KNOW!
But here & now you all of a sudden choose to speak up??

If you want to be such an authority on all this please don't come at me with all this non-sense till you have all your facts straight!
And don't try using 2 totally different methods to show Profits & Losses & make it look like I am posting dishonest figures!
Nice Try! But it seems you have way too much time on your hands!

Man these ghosts are really tiring me!
I'm gunna have to call ghostbusters! 2348ji23e

Thanks!
U.S.

rcsbfd

EOG Member

I feel like an idiot. Now I see where I made my mistake. But please don't assume I wish you ill will. There was nothing in my posts that suggest I was, as you say, coming at you. I simply didn't understand if you figure was profit or return for 2.00. I wish you nothing but the best.

UltimateSelector!

EOG Dedicated

I feel like an idiot. Now I see where I made my mistake. But please don't assume I wish you ill will. There was nothing in my posts that suggest I was, as you say, coming at you. I simply didn't understand if you figure was profit or return for 2.00. I wish you nothing but the best.

Well I appreciate you admitting your an IDIOT!
I feel better now ...

Thanks!
U.S.

rcsbfd

EOG Member

Well US there is a difference between feeling like an idiot and admitting your an idiot. I admitted to the former. It was a strange exchange. I was engaged in what I assumed was a friendly discourse with a fellow horseplayer yet your responses bristled more and more. Most players like a friendly discussion on horses and money management. I waited until the day slowed, accused you of nothing, asked a simple question and got nothing but grief. Why did you assume I was attacking you. I'm interested in your handicapping.

UltimateSelector!

EOG Dedicated

Well US there is a difference between feeling like an idiot and admitting your an idiot. I admitted to the former. It was a strange exchange. I was engaged in what I assumed was a friendly discourse with a fellow horseplayer yet your responses bristled more and more. Most players like a friendly discussion on horses and money management. I waited until the day slowed, accused you of nothing, asked a simple question and got nothing but grief. Why did you assume I was attacking you. I'm interested in your handicapping.

I appreciate it!
However I am now done spending time with you on what turned out to be nothing all because you questioned my numbers when you were the one who was all wrong in the first place! This is a business to me & I make a living at it. I take it seriously. I don't have time for this kind of gab or these games you like to play!
I know whats going on here ... You just never stop do you?
I don't mind fine discussions about horse racing but this was not even close to that (IMHO.)
So I will now withdraw myself from further rhetoric with you.

Have a Great Nite!

Respectfully,
U.S.