#7 WINABULL
#5 ALL FOR LOVE
#6 PRIVATE HERB
#1 DRAW PLAY
LONGSHOT: #4 DRILLER MAN

Re: Mountaineer Park -Mon- 7/28

Nice job Chris :cheers

And thanks to Junk for shining the light on him in the Main Forum 91023i2ndw;l

I'll make sure to check this part of the forum out more often. Maybe we can get a few more guys dropping in and making some picks

chris longshot

EOG Addicted

Nice job Chris :cheers

And thanks to Junk for shining the light on him in the Main Forum 91023i2ndw;l

I'll make sure to check this part of the forum out more often. Maybe we can get a few more guys dropping in and making some picks

Junk chose a good night to post results, thanks guys, Ill try to refer some traffic over from some other sites.

Man you have made me money and do a great job. Trying to get more people back here and it would be great if you can get them from other sites

Thanks

Junk

tankdog23

EOG Senior Member

Chris I'm looking to get into horse racing. Just curious I see you list 4 horses for each race, do you bet all 4? All to win place show? Or are there other things you do? Keep up the good work

chris longshot

EOG Addicted

Chris I'm looking to get into horse racing. Just curious I see you list 4 horses for each race, do you bet all 4? All to win place show? Or are there other things you do? Keep up the good work

hey tank dog, glad to hear you want to get into horseracing, its fun but often frustrating game. For a begginner, trying to tackle Mountaineer is like jumping straight to the pros before trying the minors. Meaning its a very difficult track to handicap. I've been posting about a year or so on various forums and I can tell you, though I can get in a good groove from time to time, there have been many weeks, sometimes months, of bad streaks. As far as the way I bet, it really depends upon a lot of factors, all depends how confident I am, how my results have been recently, track biases, obviously when I got it going, I bet more heavily, less when I'm slumping, makes sense. One thing I would tell you no matter how you bet is to not bet every night, a sure recipe for disaster and loss funds. I tend to pick my spots, some of my best nights for my picks I did not place any wagers and that's okay, I don't know many cappers that spin a profit playing everyday/night. For a beginner, I would suggest win/place bets on medium priced horses until you get more comfortable and familiar with a track. I would hold off on exotics like exactas and trifectas, could lose your cash real fast, especially at the Mountain.

As far as my selections, I don't bet win too often because I fell I much better feel for picking LS in the money than picking winners. I don't chart my results but if I did I think my win % would be low with a negative ROI. I play a lot of trifecta boxes using 4,5 horses, for $1 that's $24(4) $60(5), lot of people can't afford to wager that much money, but only on races I'm confident that one of my LS have a chance to hit the board. Sometimes will box top 4 selections in an exacta box($12) for $1, again only if I like my LS, dont try to hit $25.00 exactas. I lean more towards boxing, especially at mnr, the stretch just becomes to choatic to key horses, which is a better way to bet, you take more of a stand but have to be more precise. Hope I answered question, its hard for me to describe how I bet sometimes, sorry if I confused you further, good luck to you and thanks for the reply.

tankdog23

EOG Senior Member

Thanks longshot, that's some great info. I wouldn't be wagering everyday, probably just once a week on weekends or something. I like watching TVG on the weekends but just get overwhelmed with the amount of races, horses and tracks out there. I just would like to get more focused. I wouldn't be betting big bucks either just for a little fun.