Most overrated player in sports.

5 star bomb

EOG Master
Re: Most overrated player in sports.

hell no.... that is the popular pick for most overrated. Many people say that. But how is a career .316 hitter with 2,500 hits overrated? He is going to get to 3k hits easily.... Has played good defense his whole career and gives it 100% everyday.

Apple

Banned

LeBron has done a lot with what he has over there in Cleveland which hasn't been much support.. He almost single handily beat the Celtics himself.

mofome

Banned

My statement was as i wanted it. he used to be semi-decent, but hes since become absolutely useless.

Burnett and Witten are the two Cowboys who should make the pro-bowl each year; the rest are suspect.

outside of lebron driving the ball to the paint he is overrated to all the hype...terrible defender...a 72% ft shooter...and has no range to his j...ill always view him as overrated until he can step up his d and extend his range past 5 feet

CHOPTALK

EOG Veteran

Making 5 probowls is what makes you overated.
Cant be overated unless you are OVERated.

royboy

EOG Dedicated

My statement was as i wanted it. he used to be semi-decent, but hes since become absolutely useless.

Burnett and Witten are the two Cowboys who should make the pro-bowl each year; the rest are suspect.

you're wrong, but that's ok... hahaha just caught the burnett/vol reference.

chad johnson is arguably the best route runner in the league...the only player that is remotely close to him is marvin harrison...to add to that he has great hands and shows up each season...overrated? not at all IMO

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

chad johnson is arguably the best route runner in the league...the only player that is remotely close to him is marvin harrison...to add to that he has great hands and shows up each season...overrated? not at all IMO

Amazing you can be so dead on with this post. Unbelievable route runner, and be so wrong about Bron. He singlehandedly about beat Boston.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

LeBron has done a lot with what he has over there in Cleveland which hasn't been much support.. He almost single handily beat the Celtics himself.

He stunk 5 out of the seven games. I guess JO Johnson almost beat them to.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

no

donavan mcnabb

He has improved but my god is this clown overrated. If he would have gotten drafted by Cincy or Cleveland like Couch or Achilles Smith, with no defense to carry him, he would be sitting right with them.

Amazing you can be so dead on with this post. Unbelievable route runner, and be so wrong about Bron. He singlehandedly about beat Boston.

bron's only moments of glory to me was a couple years ago against the pistons

i just dont like his lack luster defense and terrible range as a 1/2 guard...he is a great penetrator but he has a lot to work on to be as great as a lot of people claim he is

Apple

Banned

He stunk 5 out of the seven games. I guess JO Johnson almost beat them to.

He avg'd 26.7ppg during the series scored more than 20 points in six of the seven games.. Plus he has to live with the fact his supporting cast doesnt help much.

all you lebron backers out there...just admit he is a terrible free throw shooter, doesnt have much range on his jump shot, and doesnt have much of a defensive game and ill replace him w/ another person who could fill his shoes!!!

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

hell no.... that is the popular pick for most overrated. Many people say that. But how is a career .316 hitter with 2,500 hits overrated? He is going to get to 3k hits easily.... Has played good defense his whole career and gives it 100% everyday.

Here's my logic on Jeter. I watch almost every yankee game and Jeter is the only guy you DONT want up with men on base in clutch situations. He doesn't ever get the job done. He swings at too many pitches, REFUSES to walk. He can be 3-0 and he'll refuse to walk for the good of the team. His defense is atrocius.......i don't really look at statistics, but i watch the game with my eyes and Jeter is letting this team down on many occasions. If he does something good i have to rewind and watch it again to make sure i really saw what i saw. Jeter is skating by on reputation. People have forgotten to REALLY watch him play. For every good play he makes, he does something bad. For every time he takes a pitch out of the strike zone, he swings at another bad pitch. He has tons of singles because he swings at 2-0 and 3-1 pitches when he knows the pitcher is more likely to throw a fastball. he's NOT a team player, he does NOT give it 100 percent every day either. He's a silent captain. He's just there, making cologne commercials and not sticking up for his teammates in the media or on the field. He never shows an angry face, he's never doing the rah rah stuff like a captain should do...he doesn't ever have that 'mad look' on his face when he screws up...its the same blank emotionless uncaring look...just one time you'd think he would be mad at himself for a messup, but no, its screwup after screwup without any remorse.

he never came out in the media and got A Rod's back when the fans were booing alex off the field, no, jeter never said a word. Jeter's word is gold with yank fans and all he had to do was answer ONE question about alex and ask the fans to get behind alex, but he left him out there in the wind and those actions hurt this team badly. I know, he's not responsible for alex and alex is a big boy and whatnut, but at that time, a word from Jeter to the fans to "get behind alex, he's one of our best players" was never uttered from his mouth.

I dont know of a worse captain than Derek Jeter. he's not 'leading' this team on or off the field and he never has. He's a singles hitter who doesn't play team ball and is bad at defense, he doesn't walk, steal, bunt or sacrifice. Its hack hack hack at 2-0 pitches and ground into easy double plays.

royboy

EOG Dedicated

all you lebron backers out there...just admit he is a terrible free throw shooter, doesnt have much range on his jump shot, and doesnt have much of a defensive game and ill replace him w/ another person who could fill his shoes!!!

definitely needs to improve his jump shot and ft shooting, but his defense has already improved quite a bit imo... plus all you lebron haters can say what you want, but 30 - 7 -7 doesn't lie, those are just ridiculous numbers.

who could "fill his shoes"? the cavs went to the finals with a rotten team a couple of years ago, and were a bucket away from beating the freaking champion Celts this year. who got them there? Eric Snow. Lebron is so good its sick, his prescense on the floor is unmatched. The Cavs team is: THE WORST TEAM IN THE NBA + LEBRON.
overrated?? no.

royboy

EOG Dedicated

who could "fill his shoes"? the cavs went to the finals with a rotten team a couple of years ago, and were a bucket away from beating the freaking champion Celts this year. who got them there? Eric Snow. Lebron is so good its sick, his prescense on the floor is unmatched. The Cavs team is: THE WORST TEAM IN THE NBA + LEBRON.
overrated?? no.

they were so bad when he went down for a few games last year it was embarrassing.

Here's my logic on Jeter. I watch almost every yankee game and Jeter is the only guy you DONT want up with men on base in clutch situations. He doesn't ever get the job done. He swings at too many pitches, REFUSES to walk. He can be 3-0 and he'll refuse to walk for the good of the team. His defense is atrocius.......i don't really look at statistics, but i watch the game with my eyes and Jeter is letting this team down on many occasions. If he does something good i have to rewind and watch it again to make sure i really saw what i saw. Jeter is skating by on reputation. People have forgotten to REALLY watch him play. For every good play he makes, he does something bad. For every time he takes a pitch out of the strike zone, he swings at another bad pitch. He has tons of singles because he swings at 2-0 and 3-1 pitches when he knows the pitcher is more likely to throw a fastball. he's NOT a team player, he does NOT give it 100 percent every day either. He's a silent captain. He's just there, making cologne commercials and not sticking up for his teammates in the media or on the field. He never shows an angry face, he's never doing the rah rah stuff like a captain should do...he doesn't ever have that 'mad look' on his face when he screws up...its the same blank emotionless uncaring look...just one time you'd think he would be mad at himself for a messup, but no, its screwup after screwup without any remorse.

he never came out in the media and got A Rod's back when the fans were booing alex off the field, no, jeter never said a word. Jeter's word is gold with yank fans and all he had to do was answer ONE question about alex and ask the fans to get behind alex, but he left him out there in the wind and those actions hurt this team badly. I know, he's not responsible for alex and alex is a big boy and whatnut, but at that time, a word from Jeter to the fans to "get behind alex, he's one of our best players" was never uttered from his mouth.

I dont know of a worse captain than Derek Jeter. he's not 'leading' this team on or off the field and he never has. He's a singles hitter who doesn't play team ball and is bad at defense, he doesn't walk, steal, bunt or sacrifice. Its hack hack hack at 2-0 pitches and ground into easy double plays.[/quote]

huh?? "he doesnt have that mad look on his face...." What are you, 10 years old? Does he need to break his helmet over his head to show conviction?

either A. you dont watch ENOUGH baseball or
B. you dont know what youre watching

statistics prove Jeter is not a monster at the plate, but they also prove he is an excellent and Consistent player. Statiscally, he may be overrated, but he is a terrific Baseball Player, even still.

if Derek Jeter isnt a "Team Player" then who is? This is pure haterism, if you want to say he is overrated show some stats, but attacking his character and effort shows how little you know about Baseball.