What does the word...

MRSOSUCOWBOYS

EOG Addicted
Justice mean to you?

How do you feel when a child molester gets out of prison after serving a few years and lives 15 miles from the family he hurt?

There are so many situations I could list, murders, kid napping, assault..... The list goes on.

When have you really paid for your animal like behavior?:+clueless

Re: What does the word...

Deep topic.

How's this for a tongue twister:

Justice occurs when what ought to be done is done when something that ought not to have been done was done.

MRSOSUCOWBOYS

EOG Addicted

Life is to short for the "woe is me" stories. I may be more sensitive to these issues than others but that does not change the facts of this problem.

they have to register....which would make it really easy for me to find and gut the peice of shit who hurt my child..and i would...no question.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Very difficult and very emotional problems for many. I have been there as have many others. Some handle them differently like religion, ignore it, talk it out, therapy, etc. Not easy.

MRSOSUCOWBOYS

EOG Addicted

Some 23 year old here in town went in through a window and took her. Dumped her up the road. I just do not think these people deserve to live.

Just my opinion.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

That is awful. Your feeling are normal and many would agree with what you said about him not living. Scary world and many sick people. Devastating.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Justice mean to you?

How do you feel when a child molester gets out of prison after serving a few years and lives 15 miles from the family he hurt?

There are so many situations I could list, murders, kid napping, assault..... The list goes on.

In this case, "Justice" is served when the asshole who did this awful crime either gets bent over every night in prison and fucked in his ass without any lube at all or even better, gets stabbed and dies a very violent and painful death

THAT is Justice

Justice is when the drunk driver who kills the husband, 2 kids but not the wife leaving her to grieve over the loss of her family gets out of his car and stumbles into the path of a 18-wheeler and gets tossed 300 yards down the road and killed

Justice is when the guy who kills the blue haired 90-year-old grandma gets sent to prison and finds out HIS 90-year-old blue haired grandma also died the same way as the one he killed. ok - so not justice for both grandmas i will grant you that but now the anger the assholes feels for the person who took down HIS grandma is something he can understand

Hard to get "Justice" these days becasue the court system is fully of PUSSY Judges

real simple - you drink, drive and kill someone.........you are taken out back and INSTANTLY killed yourself. you have no regard for human life so now you will see what the shoe is like on the other foot

you get convicted of molesting a kid - when you go to prison you get put in the general prison population and make sure everyone knows what you did so that your life has less than 24 hours left - which it should

THAT is "Justice"

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Some 23 year old here in town went in through a window and took her. Dumped her up the road. I just do not think these people deserve to live.

Just my opinion.

Great point - as i said - just take a gun - blow his head away and we can live a nice happy life. ANIMALS like that need to be sent to Hell on a one-way EXPRESS ticket

Just my opinion.

If by "dumped" you mean that the victim is dead, you have described a capital murder, since there is a predicate felony (kidnapping) to go along with the murder. Oklahoma has the death penalty; this sounds on its face like a case the district attorney would be likely to seek the death penalty on. . . .

Justice mean to you?

Someone in the joint did not do their job. Chesters usually get released after they meet Mr. Shank.

As for murders, kid napping, assault etc. No problem. Do your time and start a new life.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Law school will tell you that punishment has two purposes: (1) specific deterence and (2) general deterence. Specific deterence is to ensure that the person themself is punished for the wrongdoing. General deterence is to send a message to other people with the treatment for a particular action. In the case noted by MRSOSU, it would seem that neither purpose has been met and it should be reviewed. What one's tolerance for the level of punishment will vary from person to person. Anyone violating children for me deserves the highest levels of punishment, both within the legal system and in the penal system (outside the law).

Angelsfire

EOG Dedicated

Justice mean to you?

When your dead:devil:

Angelsfire

EOG Dedicated

Law school will tell you that punishment has two purposes: (1) specific deterence and (2) general deterence. Specific deterence is to ensure that the person themself is punished for the wrongdoing. General deterence is to send a message to other people with the treatment for a particular action. In the case noted by MRSOSU, it would seem that neither purpose has been met and it should be reviewed. What one's tolerance for the level of punishment will vary from person to person. Anyone violating children for me deserves the highest levels of punishment, both within the legal system and in the penal system (outside the law).
Agree:cheers

In my 1L criminal law class, the goals of criminal sentencing were described as fourfold, and included: 1) retribution; 2) deterrence; 3) incapacitation; and 4) rehabilitation.

I believe that "specific deterrence" and "incapacitation" are describing the same general circumstance, however.