Anybody here go Fishing (for real fish!)

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Ever think about the correlations between a freshwater fisherman and a sports bettor?

A fisherman needs:

good equipment
Bait
Patience
to know where to look
be able to land the big ones without help
ability to catch fish others cannot
confidence to go fishing on any lake and be able to figure it out
enjoy cleaning and eating the fish when the day is done
can't wait to go fishing again

Re: Anybody here go Fishing (for real fish!)

I was brought up freshwater fishing and it is one of the things I have passed on to my kids. It is a great vacation idea.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

I guess like jigging for walleyes - how long did it take you to get the hang of casting with that kind of line?

I guess like jigging for walleyes - how long did it take you to get the hang of casting with that kind of line?
It is truly an art. My dad is really good at it - ties his own flies and everything. I'm decent, but I've been stuck in my share of trees, too. ;)

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

I could fish all day every day...streams, lakes, rivers. Doesn't matter to me. I spaced my fishing shit and license when work made me go somewhere else for the summer but there is a ton of fishing places near by so I will be getting some new shit and spending any time away from work fishing. :thumbsup

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

Having grown up in the Land of 10,000 lakes I thought a bruther from the great white north might say - yah - sportsbetting issss like going fishing!

The sports bettor needs:

good equipment - laptop -PC's , tv's , line service, etc.
bait - Ben Franklins sprinkled offshore
patience ( wait for an edge )
where to look (where can you get value )
land the big ones (big edge - nail it )
ability to find an edge other people do not see or know about
have plenty of outs and opportunities - timing - when to go fishing!
enjoy the days catch / Ben's in the pocket!

Yo - Shrink - if you read this - what do you think of this analogy instead of declaring war on the offshore bookmaker? Fishing isn't really war but if you want to eat you better know what you are doing! I guess - whatever works ? The offshore bookmaker is probably saying, "hey, I am the fisherman and the players are the fish"???? So, the game is to catch and not be caught - right -? be a fisherman and not a fish!

I don't know about the comparison, but I love to fish.

Grew up in NY and was always fishing for blues, tuna, fluke, flounder, sea bass

and in the Midwest 25 years and fish crappie, blue gill, walleye, northern, and once in a while catfish.