What are you doing for your pops on fathers day?

kid44

EOG Dedicated
Re: Wha are you doing for your pops on fathers day?

Tradition is going to the zoo for free food and beer sponsered by Miller. Go with my sister and her husband, who works for Miller, and my father. Always a good time. Its expected that I show up.

B-NUTS

EOG Senior Member

ill get him a home depot or lowes gift card and call it a day.... ill be in your area come sunday mr. mofome

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">My pops is in Alabama, and I just saw him late May. Sent the obligatory card and leather computer carrying case for his new laptop.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Re: What are you doing for your pops on fathers day?

My pops passed away over 10 years ago but I know I will be going out for lunch and dinner with my 3 kids and wife.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">It will be a sad day in the BGS house when that ole fuck dies - I talk to him about 4 times a week.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

mine passed away almost 7 years ago, however we are taking my stepdad out to play golf next week, and out to lunch for beer and pizza...he likes stuff like that better than gifts.....

It's been slightly over 2 years since he passed...

I'll be thinking of him...

michael777

EOG Dedicated

i am taking my dad to his favorite restaurant for dinner,he is 73,starting to slow down,i will cherish the time that i have left with him

My dad has stage 3a lung cancer and is in the middle of 7 straight weeks of radiation with Chemo once a week. This said, everyday is father's day right now. Talk and try to stop by daily to see how he's doing. So for this father's day, it'll be like every Sunday: Dad comes over for cookout and then to the local frozen custard store for his favorite shake. He loves to see his grandkids, so Sundays are a real pick me up for him, as he likes to watch them run around in the backyard and pick on each other. Considering they are 3 and 5 years old, its just about all they do(pick on each other).

APPLE

pvcpipe

EOG Master

grilling some steaks (though not as good as he can) and giving him a gift card to lowe's. he's the best.

Sent him tickets to go to the Open at Torrey Pines. He must be feeling like the luckiest guy alive, seeing his Celtics in the Finals for the first time at that amazing game on Thursday and now heading to see Tiger make a run at the field in the Open.

mofome

Banned

I will be spending time with my father as well as the fathers of a few of my friends. im at the age where a lot of my friends have fathers with declining health. my friends and i are like a big family and a lot of their dads are great friends of mine. appreciation is absolutely everything and i have a lot to be thankful for. i cant wait to spoil my dad a bit and spend the day with these great people.

12io4j2w90

Tim Patterson

EOG Dedicated

I am "My Pops" now. My dad died almost 20 years ago.

My son has 2 kids. I always tell him to spend it with his wife and kids.
It's his day too. He is a father and deserves to spend it as he wishes.
I am not someone who demands attention on holidays.

My daughter lives out of town. They will both call me and we'll enjoy a few minutes together chatting on the phone.

I'll spend the afternoon and evening doing EXACTLY what I want to do.
I am a US Open golf junkie. I watch all 4 days of coverage and usually don't miss a minute. That is exactly what I'll be doing.
Molly will fix 3 wonderful meals of my choice. We will enjoy a couple bottles of very expensive wine as the evening progresses.

I can't ask and do not want anything more than that.