• Andre Dawson

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Jim Rice

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Re: Who was the better player? #2

Im pretty surprised to Sawx fans have chimed in. Rice getting bamboozeled here!

The Devil

EOG Master

JIME RICE WAS IN MY OPINION......

THAT AND THE FACT WE HAVE SPOKEN ON A FEW OCCASIONS.........

Journeyman

EOG Master

gonna take a hard a look and then I'll give my answer.

Off the top, Rice.

Journeyman

EOG Master

no .279, but what is glaring at me as I look at his career, he never walked more than 44 times ina season. WOW And Jimn Rice wasn't a big walker either but 44 is real bad for a power hitter.

Journeyman

EOG Master

both players have horrible and I mean horrible strikeout to walk ratios for power hitters.

Dawson 1589 K's 589 BBs
Rice 1423 Ks 670 BBs

Awful!

Rice wins this one. he was more dominant at his peak, the only thing that keeps this one close is longevity of Andre and the fact he was a more complete player, 5 tool guy.

Again we have a player who lasted longer making a case against a greater player with a shorter career.

RICE

5 star bomb

EOG Master

The Hawk played the game the right way. He even gave the Cubs a blank check and said pay me what I am worth.... if that doesnt speak volumes for the kind of player he was I dont know what else can. He was a great player and a much better overall player than Rice. Dawson and its really not even close

Journeyman

EOG Master

The Hawk played the game the right way. He even gave the Cubs a blank check and said pay me what I am worth.... if that doesnt speak volumes for the kind of player he was I dont know what else can. He was a great player and a much better overall player than Rice. Dawson and its really not even close

LOL okay.

Yes we know about the blank check. Were you even around then, did u ever watch him play?

I know you couldn't possibly have seen Rice play much if at all.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

both players have horrible and I mean horrible strikeout to walk ratios for power hitters.

Dawson 1589 K's 589 BBs
Rice 1423 Ks 670 BBs

Awful!

Rice wins this one. he was more dominant at his peak, the only thing that keeps this one close is longevity of Andre and the fact he was a more complete player, 5 tool guy.

Again we have a player who lasted longer making a case against a greater player with a shorter career.

RICE

Once again I agree with you Jman!

shooterman

EOG Veteran

Saw Rice play many times and would take him as a more valuable player, even though he was not much of a fielder. Pretty close call I guess.