It just really baffles me........

I have sat here and read some of the threads and it really confuses me. I read all the time about how the the men in sports are taking performance enhancing drugs and steroids, but what about the women athletics?

Women are becoming just as watched as some men sports, so is the pressure on them as well to preform. I know women are not getting paid as much as men but that is another story. Why are women not put through the ringer like men when it comes to what they take to get better?

This is a double standard that should not be at all no matter what. Treat both athletes the same!

texansfan

EOG Master
Re: It just really baffles me........

Really? What sport would you say is just as watched as men's? I can see maybe the final of a major tennis match but nothing else really comes to mind.

There are plenty of women who do use PED's though, they're called track and field athletes.

Women's college basketball is one of the things that comes to mind.

You are right track & field do have the tendency to use more.

jwunderdog

EOG Addicted

Women's college basketball is one of the things that comes to mind.

You are right track & field do have the tendency to use more.

I don't believe there has been any investigations into men or women's college basketball when it comes to PED's. So I would say there is no double standard.

I hope you are not implying that women's basketball is as popular as men's? You would be way off in that assumption.

:smokesmalDONT YOU REMEMBER EAST GERMANYS SWIMMING TEAM-THEY WERE ANIMALS-:smokesmal

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

How anyone can disagree that there isn't a double standard I'm not sure.

Women's sports should be watched just as closely as men's are, and I believe women's basketball simply came to mind when she was thinking about what female sports SHOULD BE watched, not ones that already are.....

Hache Man

Do they even keep stats and records in women's sports?

:+textinb3
We may have to look into that one Jeff!

I can guarantee you one thing though, there are plenty of them taking the juice.

Lots of Dikes (offensive term for a lesbian who is noticeably masculine;lol)
in Women's softball, Basketball, and track who act like men in many ways anyhow, so why would that in particular be any different in getting an edge over their opponents/competitors....

jwunderdog

EOG Addicted

How anyone can disagree that there isn't a double standard I'm not sure.

Women's sports should be watched just as closely as men's are, and I believe women's basketball simply came to mind when she was thinking about what female sports SHOULD BE watched, not ones that already are.....

Other then Football, what sport does the NCAA test men but not women? None. I know they test both men and Women in NCAA track.

Pro Sports it is up to the league, if WNBA want to test they can- no double standard.

Now if the question is does anyone give a fuck if a women in pro baskeball is caught? the answer is no.

I don't understand why some men think women sports are so bad. We are worth a hell of a lot more than to just screw. Obviously to me, the women who do make it in sports are better than the men on here who hate them. At least they can play the game and get paid for it.

Women are a hell of a lot tougher than men think. I was just trying to say I hate seeing one thing happen to one person but not all in the same area.

Geez grow up already!

Hache Man

I don't understand why some men think women sports are so bad. We are worth a hell of a lot more than to just screw. Obviously to me, the women who do make it in sports are better than the men on here who hate them. At least they can play the game and get paid for it.

Women are a hell of a lot tougher than men think. I was just trying to say I hate seeing one thing happen to one person but not all in the same area.

Geez grow up already!

Uh oh, you guys have pissed this Latina firecracker off!
lol

:eek: :escape :escape