Tim Russert has died of a heart attack at 58 years old

NBC's Tim Russert dies of apparent heart attack <!-- END HEADLINE -->
<!-- BEGIN STORY BODY -->5 minutes ago

Tim Russert, host of NBC's "Meet the Press" and its Washington bureau chief collapsed and died at work Friday after suffering an apparent heart attack. He was 58

Russert, of Buffalo, N.Y., took the helm of the Sunday news show in December 1991 and turned it into the most widely watched program of its type in the nation. His signature trait there was an unrelenting style of questioning, sparing none of the politicians, business giants and even sports figures who appeared on his show.

Washingtonian magazine once dubbed Russert the best journalist in town, and described "Meet the Press" as "the most interesting and important hour on television.

He also wrote best-selling books, "Big Russ and Me," in 2004, and "Wisdom of our Fathers," in 2006.

This year, Time magazine named him one of the 100 most influential people in the world.

Russert also was a senior vice president at NBC.

Re: Tim Russert has died of a heart attack at 58 years old

sad news RIP Tim was one of the best in the business

The Devil

EOG Master

JUST HEARD ON THE RADIO........MEET THE PRESS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME..........

WHEN YOU'RE 62, 58 SOUNDS SO YOUNG..........

70ut

EOG Enthusiast

58 is young these days devil NBC wont be able to replace his style

I always thought Tim Russert was one of the most "down to earth" news broadcasters out there. One of the few who could make the most boring of topics interesting.

oriolefan

EOG Member

Very sad news. He always seemed healthy and vibrant on t.v.

Apple

Banned

Man this news was shocking.. I watch "Meet the Press" every week..

R.I.P Mr. Russert.. I always liked him

Bet_Jester

EOG Enthusiast

I liked Russert a lot too. I can think of ten or fifteen radical leftist or right wing pundits I would rather have had this happen to....

pvcpipe

EOG Master

a great debate moderator. he'll be missed.

Hated to hear this. He was a classy guy. Always interesting and also down to earth. Prayers for his family and friends.

ynot

EOG Dedicated

Hated to hear this. He was a classy guy. Always interesting and also down to earth. Prayers for his family and friends.

:cheers I'll toast to this.

There is nothing that will tug at the heart more than a conflict. I beleive Tim really did not want to feed us much of the bullshit that was part of his job.

RIP Tim.