gynecologist "Rate this movie" thread... today's movie is Shawshank Redemption

Journeyman

EOG Master
Re: gynecologist "Rate this movie" thread... today's movie is Shawshank Redemption

9.95 one of the best ever

The Devil

EOG Master
Re: gynecologist "Rate this movie" thread... today's movie is Shawshank Redemption

hate to agree with journey,,,,,,,,,but is one of my alltime favorites...........

kingsfan4evr24

EOG Member

clearcut 10 this is a very impressive movie with a very strong ( the word escapes me) but it has a very nice story to tell about how a man can change and to hold onto your dreams, friendship and everything else.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

oh yea... one of the best movies of all time.

VERY GOOD MOVIE! I GIVE IT 9.5

REALLY ENJOYED MORGAN FREEMAN

mofome

Banned

one of my top 5

10!

:cheers

10 - one of the best movies - ever. Written by one of the best writers ever.

One of my Top five.. a couple other are Remember the Titans and Usual Suspects.

gyno - You started too high. Tough to top that one.

Very good film.

I give it 8 Jimmys on the Hoffa scale.

BBYHILL

EOG Veteran

give it a 9.It is one of the best movies of all time.

vinividivinci

EOG Addicted

One of the very best, ever. Regardless of the number assigned by all the reviewers, very few movies rank any where near this level.

Just for the heck of it, I'll say 9.5. Both thumbs up!!

VVV

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Greetings:

The Munchkin Man gives this movie a grade of A.

This translates into a 9.5 on a 10-point scale.

An A+ would be a 10.

Curiously, it has been fashionable for a number of certain hoity-toity film critics to bash this film.

You will see what the Munchkin Man is talking about if you ever visit an internet message board forum for film critics and ask about this film.

Some of their posters will look down upon you if you express a liking for this film.

They will try to make you feel like you are a mental defective and that you must have been born with inferior taste.

Their number one complaint about this film is that it is "manipulative."

Well, if it is, so what?

To the Munchkin Man, this is another way of saying that the film "works."

This film definitely "works" for the Munchkin Man.

Another film that receives the same snooty attitudes from a lot of these same critics is Forrest Gump.

They complain it is "manipulative" too.

This film also "works" for the Munchkin Man.

Best Wishes,

Munchkin Man

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

i give it a 9....strange thing is i had never heard of this movie until a few months ago when looking at best movie of all time polls.i thought wow i've never heard of that and its ranked right up there with rocky and star wars so i had to go rent it.i went and got it and loved it very much and think its great.it reminded me of the green mile in certain ways and both are big favorites of mine......

shooterman

EOG Veteran

Come on guys, if you can't give up a 10 for Shawshank what is the point of even having a scale of 1 through 10? My son who was 16 when he watched this movie with me for the first time, was virtually in a trance the whole time and finally spoke up when the credits were rolling. "Wow, why don't they make more movies like that"? Definite 10.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

9.5 - one of my all-time favorites as well. Add me to the list.

RPM

EOG Veteran

good flick, but did anyone besides me get the impression that they were actually gay lovers in prison?

As close to a 10 as you can possibly get. Wonderful story, beautifully cast, and outstanding acting.

On of my all time favorites!!!

pvcpipe

EOG Master

10 out of 10

Jeff Garcia is great in this movie.

"You eat when we say you eat; you shit when we say you shit; and you piss when we say you piss, you got that you maggot dick motherfucker!!"

The best line ever! 10.

Apple

Banned

I think we all agree. It's true they don't make movies like this anymore and I wonder if they ever will.

gordon gekko

EOG Member

9 good movie number 2 on top 250 movies of all time on IMDB.

gordon gekko

EOG Member

IMGV I see you went from women of the day to movie of the day lol.

THE HITMAN

EOG Dedicated

Just a 6.0 here. After all these rave reviews, maybe I'd better givie it another watch.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">In my top 10 of all time

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>