Has Bucsfan67's reign as EOG's Best Baseball Handicapper come to an end?

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
It has been a struggle all season for him.

His YTD is: 220-236 for -55.69 units after Mondays games.

I don't know how he did in 2007, but he has definately had some unbelievable baseball seasons (2003-2006?).

Can he turn this thing around?

Re: Has Bucsfan67's reign as EOG's Best Baseball Handicapper come to an end?

Does it in some way serve to empower you by highlighting the struggles of another?

I don't believe MC meant this as a knock against Bucsfan...

I like Bucaroo and so does MC...

Although Bucs is struggling, he always handles himself in a very professional manner, which is appreciated...

I predict he turns it around sooner rather than later..

P.S.

At least he isn't buying 1/2 runs...:rolleyes:

THE SHRINK

rayray

EOG Dedicated

besides playing waaaayyyy too many games, if you are are up any considerable amount in MLB this year, its due to pure fucking luck. this year ive seen more 8-9th inning meltdowns and blown saves than most of last year alone. pitchers are beginning to settle in a bit better, but the first month and a half were brutal. nobody should get a big capping head yet. if you are up, you have more luck than skill on your side right now. jmho

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

besides playing waaaayyyy too many games, if you are are up any considerable amount in MLB this year, its due to pure fucking luck. this year ive seen more 8-9th inning meltdowns and blown saves than most of last year alone. pitchers are beginning to settle in a bit better, but the first month and a half were brutal. nobody should get a big capping head yet. if you are up, you have more luck than skill on your side right now. jmho

So true. Its been a very very unpredictable year. Maybe with late inning meltdowns, first half plays would be the prudent move.

just suck at 2008 mlb....i have lost my ass....and ditched my picks...:doh1

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Maybe buffet will come back.

akillies

EOG Veteran

I cant help it if I'm lucky.

how about buffet lucky too?

Hal01

EOG Veteran

Has your reign as a forum stiff come to an end?

.......cricket

.......cricket

Didn't think so.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

One thing I can say with confidence, if he bet all his plays he paid his losses in a timely professional manner. Can we all say that?

It has been a struggle all season for him.

I don't know how he did in 2007, but he has definately had some unbelievable baseball seasons (2003-2006?).

Can he turn this thing around?

While playing over 450 games this early is, in some people's eyes, silly. The man has a method, and some years are good and some bad. EOG's Best Baseball Handicapper will soon belong to someone else. Hmmmm....

cheapseats

EOG Master

Guy across the street has been posting Bucs plays as fades-LOL

im not sure...but i think wizard of wins is the best:pop:

cheapseats

EOG Master

Looks to have reeled it in for the summer.

JAKEPEAVY21

EOG Dedicated

bucsfan is a good guy...glad to hear he turned it around

He didn't turn it around. By "reeled it in," he meant Bucsfan quit. Bucsfan has been a small loser overall since the Shrink discovered him as the "best baseball handicapper on the internet."

Regardless of whether he's a nice guy, his methodology was very clearly flawed. I posted plenty examples of why his work was flawed in an RTP thread about him when some guy tried to trump him up as a big winner. He routinely bet at the last minute after the lines had moved against him pretty severely, i.e. line was -140 all day and he posts -157 shortly before gametime. He routinely posted bad RL conversions where the ML would have been a few percent better. He reacted strongly to short term wins and losses, and sometimes let his previous results influence his future posting, i.e. he said he would post more plays later if the early plays won, or would post more plays if the early plays were rained out. Those are not traits of a winning bettor.

He also had no problems being paid by forums who shilled for shit books, i.e. the RX has had him on the payroll for a while despite committing flat out fraud in the case of EZ Street, pumping shit books like that Synbet one, etc. so I don't really feel sorry for the guy. If you get a paycheck knowingly derived from theft, you aren't much better than the theives themselves.

JAKEPEAVY21

EOG Dedicated

He didn't turn it around. By "reeled it in," he meant Bucsfan quit. Bucsfan has been a small loser overall since the Shrink discovered him as the "best baseball handicapper on the internet."

Regardless of whether he's a nice guy, his methodology was very clearly flawed. I posted plenty examples of why his work was flawed in an RTP thread about him when some guy tried to trump him up as a big winner. He routinely bet at the last minute after the lines had moved against him pretty severely, i.e. line was -140 all day and he posts -157 shortly before gametime. He routinely posted bad RL conversions where the ML would have been a few percent better. He reacted strongly to short term wins and losses, and sometimes let his previous results influence his future posting, i.e. he said he would post more plays later if the early plays won, or would post more plays if the early plays were rained out. Those are not traits of a winning bettor.

He also had no problems being paid by forums who shilled for shit books, i.e. the RX has had him on the payroll for a while despite committing flat out fraud in the case of EZ Street, pumping shit books like that Synbet one, etc. so I don't really feel sorry for the guy. If you get a paycheck knowingly derived from theft, you aren't much better than the theives themselves.

ah, I misunderstood..that's too bad

ComptrBob

EOG Master

Its been over a month since Bucsfan67 posted his last MLB pick at theRx.

FTR, his MLB record for this year is 102-103, -24.71u.
His MLB record for 2006 forward (EOG and theRx) is 3352-3434, -94.00u plus around -12u for unaccounted for Matchbook commissions.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Bucsfan67 officially has been whipsawed.

BigDaddy

EOG Master

get bucs over here

he knows his baseball

i'll list the way he handicaps games later on today

J

joeybagadonuts

get bucs over here

he knows his baseball

i'll list the way he handicaps games later on today

You mean he knows how to lose at baseball?

The guy is a huge donkey.

He looks for the chalkiest plays and plays them on the RL. What an amazing way to handicap!

"FTR, his MLB record for this year is 102-103, -24.71u.
His MLB record for 2006 forward (EOG and theRx) is 3352-3434, -94.00u plus around -12u for unaccounted for Matchbook commissions."

:shoot:

When I saw this thread get bumped I thought it was Bucsfan coming out of the woodwork to complain that I personally attacked him.