Are you driving less because of gas prices?

texansfan

EOG Master
Re: Are you driving less because of gas prices?

Hard to drive less when you gotta work and public transportation isn't an option. Nothing to do except suck it up and pay it unfortunately. Gas is still around $3.50 to $3.60 here.

Just how do you all drive less? Only time I think about gas prices is when I am at the pump. Otherwise do you all really think I better not spend $2 on that 15 mile drive to the mall or wherever? I mean really in the bigger scope of things I don't see how we could really cut our drives unless we found other ways to get to work or shunned long driving trips. Yeah the prices suck, but shit its Memorial Day coming up and I am still going to drive out to San Diego. I mean should I really stay home because it costs maybe $30 more than it did last year?

Journeyman

EOG Master

I drive my motorcycle much more now, and the worst part it's been unseasonably cold.

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated

I can't believe the lines I see at Arco stations in Calif. You'd think they are giving the gas away for free! It really makes me sick to my stomach that people aren't TRYING to start saving gas!

I can't believe the lines I see at Arco stations in Calif. You'd think they are giving the gas away for free! It really makes me sick to my stomach that people aren't TRYING to start saving gas!

Once again I ask you how do you save gas? All these silly ideas I hear on TV are so meaningless. Bunch your errands? Who doesn't already do that? There is no easy way to save much and what most might save might amount to $20 a month. Unless your boss suddenly lets you telecommute or you aren't out buying a hybrid there just isn't much you can do.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Have to wear a helmet here....I have a scooter too but don't have to wear one with the scooter, scooters get 80 MPG, I just goof off with that though...seeing more and more scooters, they ain't cheap though either.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

No.

I want gas prices to keep rising. Heck, if it was 100 a gallon, that would be perfect....i'd be able to get from point A to point B without worrying about traffic.

texansfan

EOG Master

I agree with WildBill. There's no way that I can personally cut back on my driving with my schedule. I just pay whatever the price is regardless of cost. This city is too big and there is virtually no public transportation outside of riding a bus.

No.

I want gas prices to keep rising. Heck, if it was 100 a gallon, that would be perfect....i'd be able to get from point A to point B without worrying about traffic.

We'd be in deep shit if that happened.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

We'd be in deep shit if that happened.

Really? Less smog, less traffic, less traffic accidents, car insurance would be much lower because of less accidents and less hazard, better ozone layer, etc.

I am trying to walk instead of drive when I possibly can. I've gone on 30+ minute walks when I might have normally driven. Good habit to get into for the summer though.

Journeyman

EOG Master

No.

You have any idea how much you would be paying for essentials like food and clothing and other everyday commodities if that happened?

:hung

Really? Less smog, less traffic, less traffic accidents, car insurance would be much lower because of less accidents and less hazard, better ozone layer, etc.

90% unemployment, nobody could afford to get to work, hyper-inflation, crime rate would be unreal... it would be worse than the Great Depression.

MjfTheGeniusII

EOG Senior Member

no need for car insurance anymore

just drive safe and save lots of money

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

90% unemployment, nobody could afford to get to work, hyper-inflation, crime rate would be unreal... it would be worse than the Great Depression.

Carpool. Problem solved.

I am trying to walk instead of drive when I possibly can. I've gone on 30+ minute walks when I might have normally driven. Good habit to get into for the summer though.

Its great for your health, but a 30 minute walk is probably under two miles of driving, ie. about 30 or 40 cents of gas.

MjfTheGeniusII

EOG Senior Member

only people with insurance anymore are those making 6 figures

when i think of car insurance I think of the Boston sports teams

OVERRATED

OVERRATED

Don't try living in Nevada. The state keeps tabs on your insurance status and if a car goes uninsured they send out a whopping fine a few months later and require you to prove them wrong to get out of it. I got one of those letters just because my new insurer was 3 days slow at sending out a letter, but then later gave me proof I was never uninsured. And if you don't pay the fine, your car can be impounded.

OVERRATED

Maybe if you don't own a thing, but you will eventually get in trouble. Wouldn't you soon be driving an unregistered car, and have no DL ?

No insurance is no answer, maybe 30 years ago you could get away it.

Motorcycle insurance is cheap.