Cubs game thoughts??

one

EOG Addicted
i usually chat with a buddy while i break the board down but i can't tonite so i am lonely...

hold me.

cubs @ astros

this one screams stros, right? houston at home and a dog.. mohler on the mound, who has been lights out w/ a 2.7 era since he made his first appearance a couple of weeks ago. lilly has a 5.33 era so play the home dog right?

i don't think so, i am thinking i will pass but i am probably missing out by not betting the cubs. i think the line screams for action on the astros and mohler, who has not made a start yet at minute maid, gets lit up.

cubs have the better bats, the better bully and the pitching is probably a wash when you consider who it is mohler has shut down so far this year...

anyone else with any insight?

Re: Cubs game thoughts??

Both teams playing very well. I'm not playing this one either, but I wouldn't bet against the Cubbies at the moment

I think they've proven in the past two weeks that they're the best team in the NL

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

NL must suck if Cubs are the best! Stros don't score much, so Cubbies have a shot here-but "Best in the NL"??? The BEST TEAM IN THE NL IS-CLEARLY-THE DIAMONDBACKS!!! Especially with R Johnson pitching better now. Bro'-what meds are you on???

krh7

EOG Member

NL must suck if Cubs are the best! Stros don't score much, so Cubbies have a shot here-but "Best in the NL"??? The BEST TEAM IN THE NL IS-CLEARLY-THE DIAMONDBACKS!!! Especially with R Johnson pitching better now. Bro'-what meds are you on???

the cubs have already swept those jokers from the west.

one

EOG Addicted

cubs are hitting the ball and playing at home better than anyone in the NL... but the stros can score, that is an uninformed statement.

houston tied for 3rd in the NL for runs scored per game.

cubs are hitting the ball and playing at home better than anyone in the NL... but the stros can score, that is an uninformed statement.

houston tied for 3rd in the NL for runs scored per game.

Lilly remains to be seen if he is as effective on the road as he has been at home?

I would be careful on this play

kayvebear

EOG Dedicated

I took the Cubs - hard to fade them when they playing this well. Lilly looks great through the 2nd

one

EOG Addicted

Lilly remains to be seen if he is as effective on the road as he has been at home?

I would be careful on this play

well if you read the thread you would know i passed on this game...

also lilly has been average on the road lately, by the cubs standard he is been just fine. with the bats they are swinging they just need someone to keep the score under 4 or 5 and he has done that.

one

EOG Addicted

I took the Cubs - hard to fade them when they playing this well. Lilly looks great through the 2nd

without a doubt the right side IMO... game is still zero's tho.

i would never consider "fading" the cubs, but i'll play against them in the right situation. not sure if you thought i was implying "fading" the cubs anywhere in here.

well if you read the thread you would know i passed on this game...

also lilly has been average on the road lately, by the cubs standard he is been just fine. with the bats they are swinging they just need someone to keep the score under 4 or 5 and he has done that.

Well I guess I missed that, but wasn't directing any comments directly towards u.:+clueless