Republicans and Media Bush Cheerleaders who did not serve

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
  • Representative Patrick McHenry, R-NC - did not serve. Saw fit to endanger American troops' lives after a visit to Iraq by violating operational security and helping militias target their mortar attacks on the Green Zone.
  • Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-KY - did not serve (1)
  • Senate Assistant Minority Leader Trent Lott, R-MI - avoided the draft, did not serve.
  • Senate Republican Conference Chairman Jon Kyl, R-AZ - did not serve.
  • Senate Republican Conference Vice Chair John Cornyn, R-TX - did not serve.
  • National Republican Senatorial Committee Chair John Ensign, R-NV - did not serve.
  • House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-OH - did not serve.
  • House Minority Whip Roy Blunt, R-MO - did not serve.
  • House Republican Conerence Chair Adam Putnam, R-FL - did not serve.
  • House Republican Policy Committee Thaddeus McCotter, R-MI - did not serve.
  • National Republican Congressional Committee Chair Tom Cole, R-OK - did not serve.
  • Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani - did not serve.
  • Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney - did not serve in the military but did serve the Mormon Church on a 30-month mission to France.
  • Former Senator Fred Thompson - did not serve.

<table align="right" width="195"><tbody><tr align="center"><td align="center">
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
  • Former Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert - avoided the draft, did not serve.
  • Former House Majority Leader Tom Delay - avoided the draft, did not serve (1). "So many minority youths had volunteered ... that there was literally no room for patriotic folks like himself."
  • Former House Majority Whip Roy Blunt - did not serve
  • Former Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist - did not serve. (An impressive medical resume, but not such a friend to cats in Boston.)
  • Rick Santorum, R-PA, formerly third ranking Republican in the Senate - did not serve. (1)
  • George Felix Allen, former Republican Senator from Virginia - a supporter of Nixon and the Vietnam war, did not serve. (1)
  • Former Att'y Gen. John Ashcroft - did not serve (1, 2); received seven deferment to teach business ed at SW Missouri State <!--
    And They Call Him General -->
  • Jeb Bush, Florida Governor - did not serve. (1)
  • Karl Rove - avoided the draft, did not serve (1), too busy being a Republican.
  • Former Speaker Newt Gingrich - avoided the draft, did not serve (1, 2)
  • Phil Gramm - avoided the draft, did not serve, four (?) student deferments
  • Anne Coulter .... did not serve
  • Rush Limbaugh .... did not serve
  • William Kristol ... did not serve
  • Sean Hannity .... did not serve
  • Glenn Beck ..... did not serve
  • Melanie Morgan ... did not serve
  • Michelle Malkin .... did not serve
<!-- -->

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Re: Republicans and Media Bush Cheerleaders who did not serve

Easy Dawg ...

Mr Right has a "thing" for the SHEMALE !!!

Anti,

To each their own. However, at least be honest about what you like.

However, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright did serve.

From 1959 to 1961, Wright attended Virginia Union University,<sup id="cite_ref-tucc1_1-1" class="reference">[2]</sup> in Richmond. In 1961 Wright left college and joined the United States Marine Corps and became part of the 2nd Marine Division attaining the rank of private first class. In 1963, after two years of service, Wright joined the United States Navy and entered the Corpsman School at the Great Lakes Naval Training Center.<sup id="cite_ref-10" class="reference">[11]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-corin1_6-1" class="reference">[7]</sup> Wright was then trained as a cardiopulmonary technician at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland. Wright was assigned as part of the medical team charged with care of President Lyndon B. Johnson (see photo of Wright caring for Johnson after his 1966 surgery). Before leaving the position in 1967, the White House Physician, Vice Admiral Burkley, personally wrote Wright a letter of thanks on behalf of the United States President.<sup id="cite_ref-11" class="reference">[12]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-historymbio_12-0" class="reference">[13]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-howardubio_13-0" class="reference">[14]

Jeremiah Wright - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
</sup>

Rep John Murtha, served.

Murtha left Washington and Jefferson College in 1952 to join the Marine Corps and was awarded the American Spirit Honor Medal for displaying outstanding leadership qualities during training. Murtha rose through the ranks to become a drill instructor at Parris Island and was selected for Officer Candidate School at Quantico, Virginia. Murtha was then assigned to the Second Marine Division, Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.
Murtha remained in the Marine Corps Reserves, and ran a small business, Johnstown Minute Car Wash. He also attended the University of Pittsburgh on the G.I. Bill, and received a degree in economics. Murtha later took graduate courses from the Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Murtha married his wife Joyce on 10 June 1955. They have three children and live in Johnstown.
In 1959, Murtha, then a captain, took command of the 34th Special Infantry Company, Marine Corps Reserves, in Johnstown. He remained in the Reserves after his discharge from active duty until he volunteered for service in the Vietnam War, serving from 1966 to 1967, serving as a battalion staff officer (S-2 Intelligence Section), receiving the Bronze Star with Valor device, two Purple Hearts and the Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry. He retired from the Reserves as a colonel in 1990, receiving the Navy Distinguished Service Medal.

John Murtha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Coulter called for Murtha to be killed if I recall correctly

Military service

After graduating from Annapolis, Webb was commissioned as a second lieutenant in the U.S. Marine Corps. As a first lieutenant during the Vietnam War he served as a platoon commander with Delta Company, 1st Battalion 5th Marines. He earned a Navy Cross, the second highest decoration in the Navy and Marine Corps for heroism in Vietnam. Webb also earned the Silver Star, two Bronze Stars, and two Purple Hearts.

Webb received the Navy Cross for actions on July 10, 1969. The citation read:
<table style="border-style: none; margin: auto; border-collapse: collapse; background-color: transparent;" class="cquote"> <tbody><tr> <td style="padding: 10px; color: rgb(178, 183, 242); font-size: 35px; font-family: 'Times New Roman',serif; font-weight: bold; text-align: left;" valign="top" width="20">“</td> <td style="padding: 4px 10px;" valign="top">The Navy Cross is presented to James H. Webb, Jr., First Lieutenant, U.S. Marine Corps, for extraordinary heroism while serving as a Platoon Commander with Company D, First Battalion, Fifth Marines, First Marine Division (Reinforced), Fleet Marine Force, in connection with combat operations against the enemy in the Republic of Vietnam. On 10 July 1969, while participating in a company-sized search and destroy operation deep in hostile territory, First Lieutenant Webb's platoon discovered a well-camouflaged bunker complex that appeared to be unoccupied. Deploying his men into defensive positions, First Lieutenant Webb was advancing to the first bunker when three enemy soldiers armed with hand grenades jumped out. Reacting instantly, he grabbed the closest man and, brandishing his .45 caliber pistol at the others, apprehended all three of the soldiers. Accompanied by one of his men, he then approached the second bunker and called for the enemy to surrender. When the hostile soldiers failed to answer him and threw a grenade that detonated dangerously close to him, First Lieutenant Webb detonated a claymore mine in the bunker aperture, accounting for two enemy casualties and disclosing the entrance to a tunnel. Despite the smoke and debris from the explosion and the possibility of enemy soldiers hiding in the tunnel, he then conducted a thorough search that yielded several items of equipment and numerous documents containing valuable intelligence data. Continuing the assault, he approached a third bunker and was preparing to fire into it when the enemy threw another grenade. Observing the grenade land dangerously close to his companion, First Lieutenant Webb simultaneously fired his weapon at the enemy, pushed the Marine away from the grenade, and shielded him from the explosion with his own body. Although sustaining painful fragmentation wounds from the explosion, he managed to throw a grenade into the aperture and completely destroy the remaining bunker. By his courage, aggressive leadership, and selfless devotion to duty, First Lieutenant Webb upheld the highest traditions of the Marine Corps and of the United States Naval Service.<sup id="cite_ref-HomeofHeroes_5-0" class="reference">[6]</sup></td> <td style="padding: 10px; color: rgb(178, 183, 242); font-size: 36px; font-family: 'Times New Roman',serif; font-weight: bold; text-align: right;" valign="bottom" width="20">”</td> </tr> </tbody></table> In a November 19, 2006 appearance on Meet the Press, Webb told host Tim Russert, "And I, you know, I’m one of these people who — there, there aren’t many of us — who can still justify for you the reasons that we went into Vietnam, however screwed up the strategy got."<sup id="cite_ref-MTP20061119_6-0" class="reference">[7]</sup>

Jim Webb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Dont forget Max Cleland and the bullshit Rove and company pulled in the mid
term 2002 elections and the attacks Coulter made on him ....

Yeah ... he only 3 limbs in service to this country while Coulter was discovering the advantages of sex with other women

don't forget john mc cain!

You are correct, Roscoe. John McCain served with honor and distinction during his military career. However, it's his record since then that makes him unfit to be President.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

It was that black child he had out of wedlock that has killed his 08 chances ...

Roscoe: dont believe me? ask Karl Rove

roscoe

EOG Veteran

You are correct, Roscoe. John McCain served with honor and distinction during his military career. However, it's his record since then that makes him unfit to be President.
i respect your post!

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Dawg:

I think Roscoe is sucking up to ya in case Paul makes ya his running mate

roscoe

EOG Veteran

dawg is not from the tinfoil hat brigade, that's all!

i respect your post!

I appreciate that, Roscoe.

dawg is not from the tinfoil hat brigade, that's all!

I've got a little tinfoil on my hat, Roscoe. I've got questions about 9/11 that I think any sane, inquisitive person should ask. Now, do I believe that the government (Bush Administration) was BEHIND the attacks? Not necessarily. What I would find much more easy to believe, and I still won't put 100% certainty behind it, is that the administration knew the attack was going to happen and they let it, much along the same lines as FDR allowed the attack on Pearl Harbor to get what he wanted, a reason to enter WWI continued...

9/11 gave the Bush Administration everything it wanted. No one can deny that.

9/11 gave the Bush Administration everything it wanted. No one can deny that.

Not only did 9-11 give them what they wanted, it also didn't cost them 1 red cent. They didn't lose money on it, they didn't lose friends or family on it, and, they didn't lose any of their rights or liberties on it, it was a great deal for them.

Not only did 9-11 give them what they wanted, it also didn't cost them 1 red cent. They didn't lose money on it, they didn't lose friends or family on it, and, they didn't lose any of their rights or liberties on it, it was a great deal for them.

Spot on, Dig. Spot on.