San Antonio is in trouble.....

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated
The problem is their offense is not good. Manu has slowed....Finley is old, Horry is too and as Froggie mentioned their inside game is shaky. They play great defense but once they miss a shot and New Orleans gets it to Paul, they are tough to stop. You never want to think that San Antonio is over their heads but they might be. OF course if they find a way to win tonight that can change this series around. I like the younger, faster, New Orleans Hornets.

Re: San Antonio is in trouble.....

who will have a better shot of beating the Lake Show? Personally I think neither SA or NO will beat the lakers more than 2 times in a series.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Good question. The better team, in other words, the winner will give the Lakers a better series. I say the Hornets. Time will tell.

Heim

EOG Master

Brady, a true visionary with the likes of Wynn, Trump, and Buffet.

So now they look good after winning one series and defeating SA in
the first game....

Next your going to tell us to take the 8 to 1 on them to go all the
way because you didn't like them at 19 to 1 before the Dallas series.

Nothing changes. A day late and a dollar short Brady.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

I like the home team in every game of this series. Hornets seem like the better team but I think SA is tough at home. I say goes 6 or 7.

tool21

EOG Dedicated

If it's anything, it's you MUST win your home games in order to give you a chance in this series.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

It is a must win for both teams really. game is HUGE. If either team loses the other has an edge for the series at this point. Must win for both teams but not do or die.

one

EOG Addicted

i thought they were in trouble after game one of the phx series and they won that game. if there is a team who can spot their opponent a game in a seven game series it is the spurs.

i think they win at home with ease so the question is can they get the split in NO... and I say yes.

Pop is a master at correcting mistakes and scheming and he will have an answer to West in game 2.

David West is a monster and the Spurs have no one to match up with him. New Orleans in 5.

Heim

EOG Master

"Gas Going To $4.00 a Gallon"

I surmise the above will be Brady's next
"Amazing Kreskin" prediction....

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

David West is a monster and the Spurs have no one to match up with him. New Orleans in 5.

Does Tim Duncan no longer play for SA? I would imagine Duncan plays West tonight and Thomas plays Chandler.

Just minutes ago, the Associated Press style guide required that its writers can no longer refer to the New Orleans Hornets as the New Orleans Hornets.

Heretofore, they can only be called the "Younger, Faster Hornets."

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

Does 5 points count as playing? :+clueless

Nope - he's overated - he'll never amount to anything - the average dumb dumb (which you define) soon forgets he opened with 40 and had 29 and 17 boards to send a contender home in G5 - thanks for the commentary though - maybe you should stick to lifting weights - just a thought though

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Ok, we got the intensity going. Going to be a good one. Spurs are the champs until beaten. Jman vs Seymour...no holds barred. Late game and love it. Newe Orleans baby!

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

Ok, we got the intensity going. Going to be a good one. Spurs are the champs until beaten. Jman vs Seymour...no holds barred. Late game and love it. Newe Orleans baby!

Tom, I really should not be responding to the above poster - he's a known stiff and cheat - by acknowledging him we only condone his actions - he should be ousted from the forums - now, regarding the game tonight - they're going to double Duncan EVERY time he touches it - so we are going to need to make deep shots - if we win tonight - we wrap it in 5 - I'm confident Bowen can more than handle Paul and Duncan will move to West - my only concern is Chandler on the boards - one things the Hornets do is get back and prevent the fast break - I like us to win tonight - we opened with a loss to Denver last year and I heard how we were old and done and the rest of argument - I also think Barry needs minutes - if we lose - it's no where near over but I acknowledge we are in must win games then - but we've been there before - problem is - LA looms on the horizon - if we somehow pull it off again I am billing this as the greatest team of all time - but that's getting ahead of myself - now, not to bust balls but the Hawks? WTF? - I pegged that as a sweep

Journeyman

EOG Master

I would crush Gaymore like a grape, I can only HOPE he practices what he preaches and ignores me FINALLY after 6 years... :LMAO

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

Tom, for (6) plus years here's what I've been doing to Brutus - ain't nothing changed nor will it ever

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

Tom, in about 10 minutes we'll should see an updated "list" with BTJ, Wholovesya and Seymour all in the top 5 - who knows - maybe Will and Major round out his new top 5 - man oh man is this guy a bafoon or what?

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Tom, I really should not be responding to the above poster - he's a known stiff and cheat - by acknowledging him we only condone his actions - he should be ousted from the forums - now, regarding the game tonight - they're going to double Duncan EVERY time he touches it - so we are going to need to make deep shots - if we win tonight - we wrap it in 5 - I'm confident Bowen can more than handle Paul and Duncan will move to West - my only concern is Chandler on the boards - one things the Hornets do is get back and prevent the fast break - I like us to win tonight - we opened with a loss to Denver last year and I heard how we were old and done and the rest of argument - I also think Barry needs minutes - if we lose - it's no where near over but I acknowledge we are in must win games then - but we've been there before - problem is - LA looms on the horizon - if we somehow pull it off again I am billing this as the greatest team of all time - but that's getting ahead of myself - now, not to bust balls but the Hawks? WTF? - I pegged that as a sweep

Celtics were exposed, no doubt about it. The west is the favorites for sure in my mind at this point. Lakers look tough. Long way to go and enjoy the games.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Spurs need a miracle against this team. They are overmatched. Chris Paul is better than advertised. Wow.

Hey Frog,

Who was it that was trying to bust your balls the other day and then finally posted his plays? (since he never posted any)

He said he was gonna play the Spurs on the ML the first two games of this series vs NO because there was NO WAY the Spurs would go home down 0-2.

How is that working out?

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Hey Frog,

Who was it that was trying to bust your balls the other day and then finally posted his plays? (since he never posted any)

He said he was gonna play the Spurs on the ML the first two games of this series vs NO because there was NO WAY the Spurs would go home down 0-2.

How is that working out?

These chickens are not hatched yet.

Best Wishes...OF :3dgros11:

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

The Hornets just have SA completely locked down defensively - there is nothing else to it - this ain't Stoudamire and Nash playing defense - SA is in alot of trouble as the Hornets are going to force SA to beat them with the 3 ball - down 2-0 nothing SA can't afford to have a bad night shooting at home - I have not seen Parker or Manu anywhere near the rim - looks dismal.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

This is not the Spurs year. I have been saying that for some time. They are prone to severe scoring droughts and just don't have the guys behind the arc they used to. Also factor in Finley, Horry and Bowen getting real long in tooth. This is not the first team that has shut them down this season, good defenses and stopped this offense cold.

Best Wishes...oF :cheers

Peja looks like old Peja during peak Kings years. West goes from team best to team worst and Hornets still dominate. Scary. How much playoff experience do the Spurs have vs. the Hornets, I will say it again for fried mush that laughed at it, playoff experience may not be a factor this post season.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Good points Froggie and Seymour. I think that also the young strong Hornets are a mad matchup for the aging Spurs. San Antonio will be much tougher at home. Still ain;t over.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Old timers Horry, Finley and Bowen a combined 2-14 5 reb, 5 ass., that is the difference tonight.

Best Wishes...oF :cheers

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Nobody will beat them if they keep shooting like that from deep. Ofcourse, no way that continues. Amazing how easy it is to play when you are shooting way better than you typically shoot. Give them credit though. They are playing sensational. SA has a horrible game plan on defense. Going against what they do. Crossmatching Bowen on Paul leaves ridiculous mismatches for Parker. They need to stay with shooters, go small and have a quicker guy guard chandler and have him help on Paul on drives. Pack it way in and make Paul make jumpers, not get in the paint. Bowen should be on Stoiko, not Paul. Parker should be playing Paul. Just sag back and make him make jumpers and don't leave West or Stoiko. Let Paul get his but don't let others get off. You get Stoiko frustrated that team don't flow near as well as he will still force stuff. Nobody better at that than that prick, Bowen. Just a horrible job by Pop so far. Thought he was smarter than that.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Well Pop grew a brain. Perfect gameplan. Did just what I said they should and you saw the result. Let Paul get his, don't let all the others get off. Bowen on Stoiko. Offense don't function like they want it to when Peja can't get a look. Props to Pop. Maybe I should be an assistant so it can happen for game 2 though instead of getting clobbered that game too.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Royalfan>Popovich. Took him two games to figure out how stupid the crossmatching was.

Moldoveanu

EOG Master

damn it and i had a good chance to bet on SA +270 on the series!

but i was to fucking dump to listen to people saying SA is done

and dont waste ur money!! its still not over but i wish i would have done it!

now SA is giong to get this one done and sweep NO with a 4-0 run!

rainbow

EOG Master

Royalfan>Popovich. Took him two games to figure out how stupid the crossmatching was.
ITS GOING TO TAKE HIM TWO MORE GAMES TO FIGURE OUT A WAY TO BEAT NEW ORLEANS AT HOME, BECAUSE NEW ORLEANS IS TOO TOUGH FOR THE SPURS ON THEIR HOME FLOOR. PS: YOUR MAN TRASCHEL WON HIS LAST OUT.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

My oh my, how the tide has turned - it went from looking dismal to NO in a virtual elimination game.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Yeah Seymour the Spurs have found a way to turn it around. Big one tonight.