Would you support your child if they were...

pioneer

EOG Dedicated
Re: Would you support your child if they were...

pioneer - what is the basis for your statement that homosexuality is "wrong" or "immoral?" Look forward to your response, sir.

The Bible and/or Christian teaching.
ps. only a moron would have to ask that question!

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Do real Christians that have real Christian values run around public forums calling other members idiots and morons? This entire religious hypocrisy is confusing at best. Why do you use Christian teaching to support arguments and or inquiries and then lash out in a not so Christian manner?

PS. Beat you on the bible told me so answer.

Best Wishes...oF :+clueless

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Pioneer, would you consider humility and modesty Christian values or beliefs?

What about inclusiveness, equality, forgiveness or unconditional love for all?
Now why on earth would I answer your questions? You said in your very first (non)reply to me...
"As usual, your condescending religious better than thou drivel is not even worth discussing."
....since we're not discussing, by definition, that means you don't ask me questions! More proof that you are indeed a most Omniidiotic Frog...but I do love you and pray for you daily...."O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, lead us all to heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy." I can't think of anyone in more need of His mercy than you, froggy.

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

besides the one ambiguous passage in leviticus 18:22, where else in the bible does it say that homosexuality is wrong ?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I would support my kids no matter what, like a good father should. Like I already do. Like my father did for me. No gays yet in the Frog family tree, but would not bother me that much. A lot worse things than that to worry about. Best Wishes...OF

100% agree. the MOST important thing is that my kid was happy and if my son was happiest with another guy that is good enough for me because there will come a day when i am not there any more and if he wants to spend the rest of his life with a guy (or a daughter with a woman) good for him. i find it hard to comprehend "not loving my kid just because he chooses to "bat left handed" - he is my son and that means loving him for as long as i/he is alive

and anyone who says otherwise is either sick, kidding themselves, or shouldn't be a parent

and to those who say homosexual relationships ruin the "institution" of marriage - i would ask if that is the SAME institution where OVER HALF of the "normal" people who enter into it FAIL! if so - i would argue that the "normal" people do a pretty good job of fucking up the "institution" of marriage on their own - so how can gays ad lesbians fuck it up any more?

i just read how Egypt sent 5 homosexual men to prison for around 3 years. wow - that's really a great thing to do. we have people selling drugs and murdering people and now let's equate homosexuality as a similar "crime". brilliant :doh1

pioneer - i didn't realize you were a religious person. now it all makes sense. best wishes, sir.

The Devil

EOG Master

ANY PARENT WORTH HIS/HER SALT WOULD BACK THEIR CHILDREN WHATEVER THE CHOICE THEY MAKE......I MAY NOT AGREE WITH THEIR CHOICE IN PRIVATE....BUT IN PUBLIC I WOULD BACK THEM 1000%...........

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

ANY PARENT WORTH HIS/HER SALT WOULD BACK THEIR CHILDREN WHATEVER THE CHOICE THEY MAKE......I MAY NOT AGREE WITH THEIR CHOICE IN PRIVATE....BUT IN PUBLIC I WOULD BACK THEM 1000%...........

100% agree - any parent who would "ditch" their kid because of their sexual preference shouldn't be a parent to begin with

and i don't want to go another direction here but any parent who "ditches" their kid because of the skin color or religion of their kid's "partner" is a fool, too. i have some Asian friends who have told me their parents will only allow them to marry and Asian woman and nothing else and that is SAD!

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I think I should give pioneer his worth his salt Christian test. I could slap his cheek, or punch him in the face, whatever my EOG co-members would prefer. If he turns the other cheek, he is a true Christian. If he crumples to the ground twitching, well, no Christain, and we shall have a public stoning.

You know pioneer, I have had the good fortune to meet some true Christian believers in my travels. They were a pleasure to talk to. They practiced thier beliefs everyday. You pioneer, are no Christian, just a forum poser using the bible to hit people across the head, while ridiculing them for not being up to your high standard. The best post in this thread was my bible told you so post, same exact time as your bible told me so post. Maybe a fraction of a second faster. I have read the book on people like you, and it is not the good book.

False prophets suck...:finger004

I'd be GLAD if my daughter was spending her teenage years with other girls, instead of douche males that only want to get her in the sack and potentially knock her up too soon.

If my son was gay, I would not accept it or approve of this. In fact I may even question my own sexuality. Okay no I wouldn't, but I seriously wouldn't condone it.

We are always at our most ecumenical when we are anonymous. We can afford to celebrate the miracle of everything.

As stupid as this thread has become, can you imagine this in real life?

" Hey Bobby, get down here. We need to get to the mall for your soccer shoes!"

"Now Herb, Bobby is upstairs butt-fucking his new boyfriend, Billy. Don't disturb them."

"You're right, Marge. He's our son, and we will wait until they're finished. After all, we need to respect our son. Let's just wait in the minivan until they're ready."

You can't make it up.

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

one of the better, more intelligent, well thought out posts that i've read in a while.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

We are always at our most ecumenical when we are anonymous. We can afford to celebrate the miracle of everything.

"Now Herb, Bobby is upstairs butt-fucking his new boyfriend, Billy. Don't disturb them."

"You're right, Marge. He's our son, and we will wait until they're finished. After all, we need to respect our son. Let's just wait in the minivan until they're ready."

You can't make it up.

jeff - your leave of stupidity at times never ceases to amaze me

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1153459 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 04-12-08, 11:19 AM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #40 (permalink) </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175><!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->IDENTITY<!-- google_ad_section_end --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1153459", true); </SCRIPT>
NFL Expert

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1153459 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->Re: Would you support your child if they were...<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1><!-- google_ad_section_start -->pioneer - what is the basis for your statement that homosexuality is "wrong" or "immoral?"
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Here's ID's chance to actually talk about something it might actually be an expert on and this is the best it can do?

ID,

Did your parents support you?

1,928 posts, ghostie bunker, and what, 1914 about me? LOL you REALLY need a life, lil buddy....your obssession is going on 5 years!!! it's time ya wake up, clown!!! LOL

cheers, ghostie....

:mutley

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

Damn, ID, sorry to hear they didn't support you. That might be why you're such an attention whore on the internet. Have they met any of your 'companions' ? Have they asked to meet them? Do your siblings know about your choice? This is finally your chance to add something worthwhile to the EOG.

Thank goodness. The topic continues. Very, very important.

The one topic I have always said needed more coverage on sports gambling websites is adolescent homosexuality.

I sure hope there's no Oprah and Maury backlash.

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

ID,

I see you're still mathematically challenged. 5 years? And please answer the questions I asked. You're the queen (literally) of asking posters questions so why don't you finally do the right thing and add something worthwhile to this thread.

ghostie - why do you cowardly post under a fake name when you know you've been posting for years? LOL

janus

EOG Dedicated

I don't know why it would disappoint anyone... They are still the same kid you have loved all these years. Nothing has changed. You love the person they are and that should not be clouded or change by who they love. I believe Homosexuality is genetic in most people (Molestation, etc when younger makes some go that way cause that is all they know). I believe it is genetic because you can't help who you are attracted to. Just as some Men/women like Blonde's, Brunettes, redheads, girls with big asses, etc... There are just some traits you always keep going back to in a person you are sexually attracted to.

Like me.. I have always dated Brunettes in serious relationships (ex wife was a brunnette) ...I have dated Blonde's, Redheads, etc... But just could not develop feelings past friends, late night booty call, or Fuck Friends. I can't explain it...

As a Parent if it changes the way you feel about your kids then you are the one who needs to look in the mirror. Happiness and success is all you would want for your kids. It is not up to you to decide or dictate what makes your kids happy. They are their own Individual. I don't understand Homophobic behavior. It is hard for me to comprehend. I have gay/lesbian friends and I would trust them with my kids at any time. I have a Uncle who is gay and you would never know it unless you were told. He is openly gay as well just like all my friends who are. I donate every year to the Gay/Lesbian Walkathon Held at Piedmont Park in Atlanta every year to my buds that walk in it to raise money. If it were my Son/Daughter I would support even More most likely.

didnt even read the rest of the thread, my respect grows for you by the minute.

read this post you homophobic jackasses.

dirty

EOG Master

didnt even read the rest of the thread, my respect grows for you by the minute.

read this post you homophobic jackasses.

Thank you janus... I have thought about this thread a good bit since it was started.. and I still can't find a rational reason not to support your kids because of this...

Some of the replies in this thread are sickening and many need to look in the mirror... This is 2008 and not 1708. And from what I am reading by some...makes me glad I am not a Christian. How anyone can justify the hate that is spewed in the name of religion is sickening at best. If Christianity teaches you to hate then why would you want to be around it...

janus

EOG Dedicated

Thank you janus... I have thought about this thread a good bit since it was started.. and I still can't find a rational reason not to support your kids because of this...

Some of the replies in this thread are sickening and many need to look in the mirror... This is 2008 and not 1708. And from what I am reading by some...makes me glad I am not a Christian. How anyone can justify the hate that is spewed in the name of religion is sickening at best. If Christianity teaches you to hate then why would you want to be around it...

thanks. glad i didnt read the rest of it. i dont have kids but i know i'd never treat em like that.

janus

EOG Dedicated

You can't make it up.

replace this with an average hetero teenager and the parental shock is the same. as usual, you're out of touch and yapping beyond your depth.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

Thank goodness. The topic continues. Very, very important.

The one topic I have always said needed more coverage on sports gambling websites is adolescent homosexuality.

I sure hope there's no Oprah and Maury backlash.

That is horse shit. I think a thread like this shows the strength and versatility of the posters here at little ole EOG. Damn good discussion in my opinion. If you think the thread is unimportant why even bother? You must think your opinion and played out whimsical musings matter.

must piss you off a topic like homosexuality gets 3 pages and the majority of your threads get 3 replies max.

If you don't like it, you could always go back to LVA.....oh wait that's right....they banned you for acting like a phag.

janus

EOG Dedicated

That is horse shit. I think a thread like this shows the strength and versatility of the posters here at little ole EOG. Damn good discussion in my opinion. If you think the thread is unimportant why even bother? You must think your opinion and played out whimsical musings matter.

must piss you off a topic like homosexuality gets 3 pages and the majority of your threads get 3 replies max.

If you don't like it, you could always go back to LVA.....oh wait that's right....they banned you for acting like a phag.

AA just kinda made you look like a... well... a fucking moron, to put it gently.

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

Just goes to show, My thoughts on having to be tested before becoming a parent may not be far off. It would be extremely possible that question #1 would be: Do you think a parent should love and support any children they bring into this world unconditionally. YES is the answer!!!!!!!! For those that answered NO, I try not to judge, but maybe just maybe your not ready for children and if you have children, sorry about their luck.

You don't always have to like your children or what they do, but to not love them or be there for them, WOW, I can't imagine.

I do love gamblers' thinking.

They win two nights in a row and think they know everything.

"I had the Salamanders last night, and they won! It is time that I forsake religion!"

janus

EOG Dedicated

I do love gamblers' thinking.

They win two nights in a row and think they know everything.

"I had the Salamanders last night, and they won! It is time that I forsake religion!"

i dont gamble (or run numbers as someone else's bitch). try again.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

besides the one ambiguous passage in leviticus 18:22, where else in the bible does it say that homosexuality is wrong ?

So many idiotic posts to answer...let's just take a few today...
bob, if you're really serious, which I seriously doubt, I just googled the Bible and homosexuality and 262,000 matches appeared. Enjoy!