GUESS WHO WANTS TO BE IU'S NEW COACH???????

Re: GUESS WHO WANTS TO BE IU'S NEW COACH???????

One hint: He is currently working for ESPN

:dancefool

needed to drop hint #2 first, since folks will assume it's RMK

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

Wittman (sp) seems a good fit if he can coach. Scott Skiles? Digger?

Who cares. IU hasnt been anything in YEARS.

So much drama over a program who hasnt had any national prominence in over two DECADES. Geez.

The General

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1103182 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid">02-23-08, 09:58 AM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #6 (permalink) <INPUT id=plist_1103182 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 5px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle; PADDING-TOP: 0px" type=checkbox value=0 name=plist[1103182] inlineModID="inlineMod"> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175><!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->Culver<!-- google_ad_section_end --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1103182", true); </SCRIPT>
EOG Veteran

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1103182 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->Re: Culver, Bring back The General to IU and make the World right Again!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1><!-- google_ad_section_start -->You been in the Crown with IP4Ps?

Some of the people interested in the IU job would surprise you. Two lists are developing. One is of big name coaches who are tired of playing second fiddle to football and the other is up and coming coaches who have Indiana roots. These lists are not official of course, but don't be surprised if some of them interview.

List 1

Bruce Pearl
Thad Matta
Tom Izzo
Rick Barnes
Scott Skiles
Mark Few
Steve Alford
Kevin Stallings

List 2

Sean Miller (Xavier)
Scott Drew (Baylor)
Tony Bennett (Washington State)
Brad Brownell (Wright State)

There are other names. If people are interested, I will keep you updated.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The General

So much drama over a program who hasnt had any national prominence in over two DECADES. Geez.

I hate to defend them but just this century they played in a NCAA title game vs Maryland, OSU.

I hate to defend them but just this century they played in a NCAA title game vs Maryland, OSU.

Since 1987 they have as many CHAMPIONSHIPS as Kens beloved ODU Monarchs. Way too much hype for a school that is now an "also ran".

This is a "What have you done for me lately?" world.

The General

This is a "What have you done for me lately?" world.

I won't disagree on that, buddy. Suks don't it?

I try and be a "what can I do for you person".

he was crap at detroit u

he was okay there

But just think, he's been on ESPN for almost 20 years. Think of all the kids and parents who grew up watching him

He wouldn't need to be the greatest bench coach, because he'd get ALL THE DIAPER DANDIES :houra

The General

Needs to be a younger guy so he has time to deal with any punishment/sanctions and then build OR Bobby Knight for a 5 year deal to straighten it out, but he won't go back there for all the money in Russia.

I did hear Andy Katz say today that Coach Knight may have been a good fit at California, but he may really be OVER IT as for coaching.

The General is an all star in the studio, I hope he stays next year. He is excellent.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

After this latest fiasco it better be someone squeaky clean, not under investigation by the NCAA, or leaving a program under investigation. Alumni will kick AD to the curb if that happens again. Horrible judgement there.

Best Wishes...OF :doh1

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

i think our next coach could be employed at ESPN anyway....i would like to see Steve Lavin show some interest....

its about time for him to get back in it, and he certainly knows how to coach at a big time school...

janus

EOG Dedicated

over two decades? ranked #1 all season in 92-93 & played in the finals in 2002. don't exaggerate.

over two decades? ranked #1 all season in 92-93 & played in the finals in 2002. don't exaggerate.

Quite the set of accomplishments for a "National Powerhouse". :rolleyes:

How the hell are ya Janus?

Good to see ya 'round.

:cheers

janus

EOG Dedicated

Quite the set of accomplishments for a "National Powerhouse". :rolleyes:

How the hell are ya Janus?

Good to see ya 'round.

you're right... IU has no historical rep to warrant coverage on a coaching change given the media's prerogative to keep us posted on brittney's latest trip to the VP for a pack of smokes.

i'm good, sir, thanks for asking. sorry we didnt hook up in vegas, i had shit get in the way & didnt go.

Bet_Jester

EOG Enthusiast

It speaks to the idiocy in the administration at IU that they have not offered Sean Miller yet.

You'd have to be a total and complete moron to not think he is the best coach on the market.

Culver

EOG Veteran

And how do you know IU hasn't been talking to Miller today (Miller's contract prevents him from having face to face meetings with other schools) and is waiting for an answer from him tomorrow?