This one will make you think...best brother of a superstar to ever play sports?

Journeyman

EOG Master
And I'm not talking best afro american....

Which athlete who has a superstar brother would be considered the best of all time?

Who qualifies....anyone who has a brother who is considered better than him.

example- 'Tommy Aaron' would qualify being Hank Aaron's less famous brother.

Who would be considered best brother ever?

Joe Neikro would qualify.

:+clueless This one will make ya think.

The Devil

EOG Master
Re: This one will make you think...best brother of a superstar to ever play sports?

FRANK TORRE GETS A VOTE

DOM DIMAGGIO GETS A VOTE

BUT THE WINNER IS CLETE BOYER............

Re: This one will make you think...best brother of a superstar to ever play sports?

Billy Ripken's brother was pretty darn good there for awhile

EDIT: NEVERMIND, you're talking about the brother of a superstar

my bad

Topflight

EOG Addicted

Marcus Allen and brother Damon

Billy Ripken's brother was pretty darn good there for awhile

EDIT: NEVERMIND, you're talking about the brother of a superstar

my bad

In that case, Joe Niekro or Daffy Dean

Journeyman

EOG Master

It has to be the 'lessor' known/talented brother...Devil has the right idea!

Who would be the very best '2nd' best sibling?

Journeyman

EOG Master

I still don't see a clear cut choice.

I can't think of one either....the brother's usually a fringe player it seems.

Eli Manning is a SB MVP but not sure if he will stand above when it's all said and done.

Carlos May (Lee)
Eddie Payton (Walter)
Brian Blades (Benny) both very solid players.
Dom Di (Joe)
Tommy Aaron (Hank)
Jim Perry (Gaylord)
Joe Niekro (Phil)
Rich (Eddie Murray)
Paul Reuschel (Rick)
Herb Washington (Claudell)

just might be Joe Neikro 221 wins.

Ronde and Tiki Barber?

Thomas and Julius Jones?

Shannon and Sterling Sharpe?

Journeyman

EOG Master

Maybe Sterling Sharpe!

Barber's another good one Dawg!

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

And we forget about hockey again. How about:
Tony Esposito (all star goalie in his own right) brother of 76 goal scorer Phil
Peter Mahovolich brother of Frank
Sutter brothers (there were six of them that played in the NHL) - can any other sport claim that??! Or how about the Staal brothers still playing with star Eric in Carolina and Jordan (PIT) and Marc (NYR).
In baseball, Dom Dimaggio gets my vote.
In racing, Ralf Schumacher brother of Michael (best F1 driver ever)

Bailey

EOG Addicted

LEON SPINKS

The Devil

EOG Master

And we forget about hockey again. How about:
Tony Esposito (all star goalie in his own right) brother of 76 goal scorer Phil
Peter Mahovolich brother of Frank
Sutter brothers (there were six of them that played in the NHL) - can any other sport claim that??! Or how about the Staal brothers still playing with star Eric in Carolina and Jordan (PIT) and Marc (NYR).
In baseball, Dom Dimaggio gets my vote.
In racing, Ralf Schumacher brother of Michael (best F1 driver ever)

best i can come up with to match the sutters is this:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><!-- used to have {shownodelets} here --><TD vAlign=top width="99%"><!-- Here's the current node and back to prev node -->Ed Delahanty

<FORM action=/index.pl method=post encType=multipart/form-data><INPUT type=hidden value=1246960 name=node_id> created by Freddo <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>(person) by <A onclick="document.cookie='lastnode_id=0; ; path=/'; 1;" href="http://www.everything2.com/user/Freddo">Freddo <SMALL>(7.4 mon)</SMALL> (print)</TD><TD></TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=middle> ? </TD><TD align=middle>1 C! I like it!</TD><TD align=right><SMALL>Thu Jan 31 2002 at 19:55:30</SMALL></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=writeup_text style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 10px"><!-- google_ad_section_start --><!-- 1246976{ -->Ed Delahanty was one of five Delahanty brothers to play major league baseball. Ed was the oldest brother, and the only one to be elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame.
He was born on October 30th, 1867, in Cleveland, Ohio, and made his major league debut in 1888 as a second baseman for the Philadelphia Phillies. In 1890, Delahanty jumped to the Players' League, and spent a season at shortstop for that league's Cleveland entry. When the Players' League folded after the 1890 season, Delahanty returned to Philadelphia. He was moved to the outfield, and quickly became one of the league's most feared hitters.
In 1892, Delahanty led the National League in slugging percentage, batted .306, and drove in 91 runs. In 1893, he led the league in home runs (19), runs batted in (146), and slugging percentage, while batting .368. Delahanty batted .400 twice, in 1894 and 1899, when he led the league at a .408 clip.
For his career, Delahanty led the NL in batting once, in home runs once, and in runs batted in three times. He also led the league in hits (once), doubles (four times), triples (once), and slugging percentage (five times).
His career batting average of .345 is the fourth-highest in baseball history. He was also an excellent baserunner, stealing 456 career bases.
In 1902, Delahanty signed with the Washington Senators of the new American League. In his first season, he led the AL in batting at .376, but the Senators finished 22 games out of first place. Early in the 1903 season, Delahanty, tired of the Senators' losing ways, asked for his release so he could join the New York Giants.
The Senators would not release him, so he simply left the club on a road trip to Detroit and bought a train ticket back to New York. Delahanty was put off of the train in Fort Erie, Ontario, (directly across from Niagara Falls), after becoming drunk and threatening passengers on the train with an open razor. Delahanty decided to walk across the railroad drawbridge over the Niagara River, but as he was walking across, the bridge opened for a passing ship, and Delahanty fell to his death. He was posthumously elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1945. None of Delahanty's brothers approached his success, though Jim Delahanty played second base for 13 years in the majors and retired with a lifetime average of .283.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></FORM></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>