You Gag On A Bone From Filet Of Fish Or Chicken McNugget: Do You Have A Case?

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
I mean, the boxes which hold these foods do not have any type of warning, such as the coffee cups that didn't at one time, before someone sued McDonalds.

Not looking to do this of course, just curious what someone's chances would be.......

Re: You Gag On A Bone From Filet Of Fish Or Chicken McNugget: Do You Have A Case?

If they are advertised as "Boneless" that is how the customer would have grounds to sue.

The lady who sued McDonalds over the spilled coffee won because that particular brand of coffee maker had been recalled because it made the coffee too hot.

dirty

EOG Master
Re: You Gag On A Bone From Filet Of Fish Or Chicken McNugget: Do You Have A Case?

I would say Maybe against the Company that Processed the Chicken or Fish but not the Restaurant. 99.9% will not have bones in them so it is a rare occasion I would think. It is not Possible/practical for the Restaurant to inspect everything they get from their Processing companies before they cook it

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

A few years ago I did indeed find a fish bone about 1 inch long in my "Filet Of Fish".

Have just always wondered about it......

Bottom line, if a company makes a claim and they don't live up to that claim, you can sue them.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

If the damages were bad enough, i.e. death, I'd sign it up in a heartbeat. If somebody just gagged and had to go to the hospital, but was OK....turn down.

TheNJKid

EOG Enthusiast

my gf is an attorney.i'll ask her tonight. i think i had this discussion with her once.....my feeling is if you eat at shitty place expect bad things to happen. i fucking love mcdonalds,but once i chipped a tooth biting into some sandwich and had to have it fixed.didnt sue... i have also broken bones in public places and not sued.
i appreciate people who sue as it keep my gf employed, but i'm the least likely to sue of anyone in the world as i have no patience for the process,hahaha

the restaurant is resposible to the same extent the manufacturer is. and since in your example hache there was no damage, then no case.

The Devil

EOG Master

I THINK YOU NEED TO SHOW UP AT THE EMERGENCY ROOM WITH THE BONE LODGED IN YOUR THROAT TO HAVE A GOOD CASE.......

IF TAKING PICTURES OF THE BONE STUCK IN YOUR THROAT....MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE YOUR FINGERS FROM MOUTH OR THEY MAY NOT BE ABLE TO SEE THE BONE................

Everybody is looking for the lottery today.