ESPN just had their top 10 Super Bowl plays... agree or know of a better one?

Journeyman

EOG Master
It sure seemed like a play or two were missing.

Here they are.... I have no problem with #1, it was that amazing!:houra

10.Randall El to Hines Ward gadget play for a TD
9.49ers stonewalling the Bengals Pete JOhnson at the goal line to seal victory
8.John Elway's run where he helicoptered his way to a first down
7.Max McGee one handed grab over the middle for the 1st Super TD
6.Marcus Allen exit stage left for 74 yards and a TD
5.Riggins running over Don McNeil and going the distance.
4.Joe Montana to John Taylor TD winner vs Cincy
3.Mike Jones saving tackle of Kevin Dyson at the 1.
2.Lynn Swann's acrobatic catch in SB X vs Dallas

1.And the new #1, Eli Manning breaking away from several would be tacklers grabbing at his jersey, only to roll out of that and heave 'Doug Flutie like' downfield to David Tyree, who snares the jump ball,while holding on for dear life, as he's dragged down, the ball dangling betwen his hands and his freakin helmet!

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Re: ESPN just had their top 10 Super Bowl plays... agree or know of a better one?

I think the most overrated of all is #2.......

Journeyman

EOG Master
Re: ESPN just had their top 10 Super Bowl plays... agree or know of a better one?

I know what you're saying Hache....when you look at that play now it does seem not so spectacular, it was a huge play in that game though, and Swann made 3 other really big catches one on the sidelin was equally impressive, all 4 of his balls that day were big and somewhat spectacular ...he did win the MVP that day too.

I personally think John Stallworth's catch against the Rams was more impressive and it was equally as big, I am surprised it isn't in the top ten.

Check this out at the 3:55 mark :cool:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WT0gcRbCnLs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WT0gcRbCnLs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Last edited:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

100% agree

for me it was Elway but being a Broncos' fan for so long not like i am objective here

of course a play made by a Least Coast team would be #1 since ESPN spends most of its days on its knees giving blowjobs to any team in the NE part of the country

I agree with Louisvillekid...

All of those are memorable for this gambler and I agree with their new #1...

I don't think I'll ever forget it, barring OLDSHEIMERS...

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

What about that Phil McConkey play for the Giants?

Journeyman

EOG Master

I thought the discriptions written in post one were especially nice.:houra

Some I remember back to not mentioned.

John Unitas pass to John Mackey, the ball was tipped a few times ended up in Mackey's hands for the longest pass play ...it was and may still be a record,cant recall for sure.

Desmond Howard KO return for a TD

John Stallworth made several amazing Super Bolw catches, two in particular vs the Rams

Rod Martin 3 Ints

Jack Squirek

Charles Haley sack/interception of Jim Kelly

Back to back kick off returns Ravens/Giants

And some of the more infamous moments-

Norwood wide right.

The Leon Lett play

The Jackie Smith play

Beg to differ, Hache, number 3 is the most overrated. Dyson had no shot of reaching the end zone on that play. Number 2, is a close 2nd, though.

I thought the discriptions written in post one were especially nice.:houra

Some I remember back to not mentioned.

John Unitas pass to John Mackey, the ball was tipped a few times ended up in Mackey's hands for the longest pass play ...it was and may still be a record,cant recall for sure.

Desmond Howard KO return for a TD

John Stallworth made several amazing Super Bolw catches, two in particular vs the Rams

Rod Martin 3 Ints

Jack Squirek

Charles Haley sack/interception of Jim Kelly

Back to back kick off returns Ravens/Giants

And some of the more infamous moments-

Norwood wide right.

The Leon Lett play

The Jackie Smith play

Why did you have you bring up Jackie Smith? Leon Lett, I can live with, the game was over, but Jackie Smith still causes me nightmares.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

Beg to differ, Hache, number 3 is the most overrated. Dyson had no shot of reaching the end zone on that play. Number 2, is a close 2nd, though.

#3 has a lot more meaning to myself as I had a huge future on the Rams to win the Super Bowl that year.......:D

Was at the excalibur in Vegas with a buddy early that year, the 3rd or 4th week of the regular season. As we watched Kurt Warner light it up one more week, my buddy decided to place a future on the Rams to win it all.

Amazingly, the excalibur still had the Rams at 80-1, when every other book we ran & checked had already adjusted.

He placed for them to win the NFC & Super Bowl, and I explained to him how the real Rams would show up eventually and that he was wasting his money.

The longer I sat there, the more I thought to myself how I would regret it if he were to somehow hit those tickets and I would not only be eating my words, but kicking myself for not placing the same wagers he just had. I did get up and go place those wagers, and being a Tampa Bay Bucs fan since I was 7 years old, I had never imagined I would be rooting so hard for another NFL in my lifetime....

And as luck would have it.......It was my Tampa Bay Bucs who faced off against the Rams that year in the NFC Championships.......:doh1

In my opinion it was the Rams of that year who is solely responsible for odds on longshots to win it all being much harder to find nowadays.....