Monday Beanpot Hockey Boston College vs. Boston University

Games can be bet at 5Dimes, at least.

No opinion on the side of game 1 Harvard vs. Northeastern (NU -165/HU+135), but would lean to the "dog" side of OVER 4.5 +100. Two clubs that are very physical and if there are a bunch of PP attempts like I envision, this may go over on special teams alone. Like the total much better than trying to figure out a side (which would be Harvard if I had to play it).

Like BC in game 2. Normally a dog player, gotta lay the chalk here. (BC -215/BU +170). Terries have played better as of late, but forward Nathan Gerbe outshines anyone on the ice and there is a huge mismatch in goal. Rolling the dice backing a freshman in this spot, but John Muse is head and shoulders above Brett Bennett, a sophomore. Bennett is the draft pick, Muse the better player.

Always worried about savvy Jack Parker behind the BU bench, but Jerry York is no slouch.

BC-215/100
NU/Harvard OVER 4.5 50/50

From The Boston Herald

Beanpot scouting report: BC vs. BU
<!--//Byline box//--> By Herald staff | Monday, February 4, 2008 | Home - BostonHerald.com | College Hockey
<!--//Byline box end//--><!--//article Image//--><!--//article Image//--> <!--//article//--> Tonight - 8, TD Banknorth Garden. TV: NESN. Radio: WWZN-AM (1510), WTTT-AM (1150).
The records: BC is 12-6-7. BU is 8-13-4.
The coaches : BC?s Jerry York is 790-510-83 in 36 seasons. BU?s Jack Parker is 770-402-97 in 35 seasons.
Who?s hurt: For BC, junior winger Brock Bradford (broken left humerus) is out. For BU, senior goaltender Karson Gillespie (ankle sprain) is out and senior winger Ryan Weston (hyperextended right elbow) is probable.
Players to watch: For BC, forwards Nathan Gerbe, Joe Whitney, Ben Smith, Benn Ferriero, Dan Bertram, Brian Gibbons, Matt ++++++; defensemen Mike Brennan, Carl Sneep, Anthony Aiello, Nick Petrecki, Tim Filangieri, Tim Kunes; goaltender John Muse (12-6-7, 2.29 GAA, .907 SP). For BU, forwards Peter MacArthur, Bryan Ewing, Colin Wilson, Chris Higgins, Jason Lawrence, Brian McGuirk, Nick Bonino, Brandon Yip; defensemen Matt Gilroy, Kevin Shattenkirk, Brian Strait, Colby Cohen, Eric Gryba, Kevin Kielt; goaltender Brett Bennett (7-7-3, 3.12 GAA, .868 SP).
The skinny: BC beat BU twice (6-2, 4-3) earlier this season but the teams tied 2-2 in their most recent meeting Jan. 19 with BU dominating play on the road. Like in boxing, until you knock out the champion (BU has won three straight ?Pots) there?s no room for talk.

Re: Monday Beanpot Hockey Boston College vs. Boston University

Thanks for the insight, Rinkrat. I always like checking out the college hockey odds at 5Dimes. The Beanpot is always interesting and taken seriously by all the schools as alums gather after work for the games.

Reload,
I got so caught up in the Super Bowl yesterday, I didn't post the first college game I was able to play (5 Dimes just started posting NCAA pucks this past weekend), so I blew it yesterday...

Wager Type: Money Line
Wager Status: Win
Risk / To Win Amount: 100.00 / 140.50 (USD) Accepted 2/3/2008 2:19 PM - EST
Amount Paid: 240.50

Sport / Period: College Hockey / Game
Line:
Vermont 2/3/2008 4:00:01 PM - (EST)
+145
Opponent: Massachusetts-Lowell

I follow eastern NCAA hockey...not that means a blessed thing. The only concern is BU's better play as of late...when I saw them 6 weeks ago, their goaltending was a mess.

We'll see.

Reload,
I got so caught up in the Super Bowl yesterday, I didn't post the first college game I was able to play (5 Dimes just started posting NCAA pucks this past weekend), so I blew it yesterday...

Wager Type: Money Line
Wager Status: Win
Risk / To Win Amount: 100.00 / 140.50 (USD) Accepted 2/3/2008 2:19 PM - EST
Amount Paid: 240.50

Sport / Period: College Hockey / Game
Line:
Vermont 2/3/2008 4:00:01 PM - (EST)
+145
Opponent: Massachusetts-Lowell

I follow eastern NCAA hockey...not that means a blessed thing. The only concern is BU's better play as of late...when I saw them 6 weeks ago, their goaltending was a mess.

We'll see.

Yeah, it looks like we're both in Massachusetts and I only follow the eastern conferences - ECAC, the Atlantic, and Hockey East. I'm actually an alum of Rensselaer which got me following the ECAC during those years and after moving to Boston, I followed Hockey East more. I also went to Bentley for my master's so I have been to a few of their games and follow the Atlantic conference a little.

I don't really follow the conferences out west at all until the end of the season hits and the NCAA playoffs. It's nice to see the odds that 5Dimes posts and I always look forward to making a few plays.

Nice winner you had with Lowell there. With the right dedication, there's definitely some cash to be made with these games.

Deuce

EOG Addicted

Michigan will win it all.

Yeah, it looks like we're both in Massachusetts and I only follow the eastern conferences - ECAC, the Atlantic, and Hockey East. I'm actually an alum of Rensselaer which got me following the ECAC during those years and after moving to Boston, I followed Hockey East more. I also went to Bentley for my master's so I have been to a few of their games and follow the Atlantic conference a little.

I don't really follow the conferences out west at all until the end of the season hits and the NCAA playoffs. It's nice to see the odds that 5Dimes posts and I always look forward to making a few plays.

Nice winner you had with Lowell there. With the right dedication, there's definitely some cash to be made with these games.

Actually, I had home dog Vermont:houra. Lowell has come down to earth while Kevin Sneddon's troops have come around, starting a couple of weeks ago and people here in Western Mass. got to see a pretty good Catamounts teams last weekend. It was the best play on the board yesterday and somehow I opted for Minnesota in NCAA hoops. Like I said, I blew it.

Speaking of Bentley, the team I follow out here, UMass (see avatar), has a Bentley transfer, 5th year senior Patrick Dineen who got his first career goal earlier this month in spot duty vs. UNH, I believe.

I follow on Directv what I can for western hockey, but I attend 25-50 eastern games a year; a lot of UMass ones. Been to each venue and most every ECAC one. Compared to WCHA and CCHA backers, we have it made here in the east with so many games within a 2 hour drive.

Wish there was more interest so lines would be posted earlier than 2/1, but it's better than just Frozen Four odds being available as those lines are pretty sharp.

<table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="smallbold" align="left"> <td width="130">Harvard</td> <td width="20">3</td> <td width="65"> </td></tr> <tr class="smallbold" align="left"> <td width="130">Northeastern</td> <td width="20">0</td> <td width="65">11:01 1st</td></tr> <tr class="smallbold" align="left"> <td colspan="3">Goalies: Richter (HU); Thiessen (NU) (Game Televised on NESN) </td></tr></tbody></table>:houra

Gerbe pots game winner in OT (4-3) no shocker as we win the top play, but not without sweat.

Great college hockey game.....the sport deserves more exposure.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

I went to a Beanpot like 4 years ago and it was great atmosphere as you know. Up and down and wide open. I always root for the dogs though I am a huskie!

Tough beat for them tonight. Huskies on a downswing at the moment; Beanpot came at a bad time. Greg Cronin is a great coach and they should make noise in March.

Good calls on the Beanpot, Rinkrat. Exciting game with the BC overtime win.

Good calls on the Beanpot, Rinkrat. Exciting game with the BC overtime win.

Thanks Reload, you'd think at 3-0 not even halfway through the first period that UN & HU could score two more...LOL

Heading down to Matthews arena a week from Friday. Look forward to a trip to your neck of the woods.

Take care.

RR

Thanks Reload, you'd think at 3-0 not even halfway through the first period that UN & HU could score two more...LOL

Heading down to Matthews arena a week from Friday. Look forward to a trip to your neck of the woods.

Take care.

RR

Yeah, not getting the over in that one was a bad beat for sure. Your lean on Harvard was right though. And BC pulling out the overtime win was a good call. They should be a pretty heavy favorite in the final.