Do you discuss your sports betting with anyone outside the forum?

Do you discuss your sports betting with anyone outside the forum?

• Yes

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
I think many people post on these forums because its the only place they feel comfortable talking about their gambling.

Re: Do you discuss your sports betting with anyone outside the forum?

I'd say only about 2% of it is done outside the forum.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Right. I talk to nobody about this in the real world.

Finance

EOG Veteran

have a couple of bud's who like to root against my plays when we're out, but they are great for a "public" view - I normally ask their opinion and bet the opposite!!
Other than that nobody...

IGAMBLER

EOG Addicted

I never discuss sports betting with laymen.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Im surprised the majority has....according to the poll.

I'm pretty sure if you asked my friends to define me with five different single words gambling would be one of them.

Yes, anyone that I know very well knows that I gamble. It's not something I am ashamed of and never will be. If someone doesn't like it, that's there problem not mine.

shooterman

EOG Veteran

No matter how intelligent you might think your target layman might be, they are just not going to get it. Even if they do "get" some of what you are saying to them, nothing good will come from it.

msubulldog

EOG Veteran

all my friends and family (wife and kids) know i gamble on sports. at mens room at country club if team has a bad beat everyone says I must have been on that side. bad beats probably even out but you remember the loses more.

kbhirsch

EOG Addicted

Considering how much time I spend talking about gambling in a given day, I've got to talk to others about it or I'd have no human contact!

kbhirsch

EOG Addicted

To clarify...the post above should have said "in-person human contact". When I reread it, it could imply that EOG folks are not human. Certainly not my intent!

kbhirsch

EOG Addicted

To clarify...the post above should have said "in-person human contact". When I reread it, it could imply that EOG folks are not human. Certainly not my intent!

If you post on gambling forums under some anonymours handle, and keep your gambling activities secret, shouldn't that set off warning bells in your head about where your life is heading?

Everybody seems to be a gambling genius but everybody wants to keep it quiet. Yeah, right.

Why isn't everybody shouting their gambling success to the mountaintops?

If you are capable of winning at gambling, why would you not tell the world?

I think I know why.

Yes but it's not the only thing discussed. Have a core group of people hang out with, some gamble, some don't. Sometimes those who don't provide an insight that was not remembered or an alternate point of view and in both cases that's fine. Hard to believe but there is more to life than just gambling.

Rxx

EOG Veteran

i had my parents here for Christmas and rooting for me on all my bowl plays. In the day, my grandfather used to book some when he owned a bar. Its in the genes. We Irish can be like that.

msftkid

EOG Addicted

Come on gentlemen GAMBLING is a life style you dont turn it off and on its always ON. Sure all my associates bet sports and that is what we discuss. Does gambling lend its self to socializing and friendship I dont know?