Will we see a huge drop in gas prices towards election time again?

Re: Will we see a huge drop in gas prices towards election time again?

I would love to look somewhere else. Got any ideas?

Truth hurt Dirty?

"President Bush has presided over the gravest fiscal deterioration in American history. When he entered office in 2001, he inherited from Bill Clinton a budget surplus projected at $5 trillion over 10 years. In every year since, the nation has run massive deficits. By the time Bush leaves office, he will have added nearly $3 trillion to the national debt.

This did not happen by accident. White House officials have repudiated the Clinton administration's view that fiscal responsibility lays the groundwork for sustained economic growth."

dirty

EOG Master

What does that have to do with My comment and Fact that this country has not operated at a Profit .... It has nothing to do with Who spent more or anything... it is about FACTS

easy to point the finger at the guy in charge now....No matter who he is.... I don't hide from the truth and point fingers... I deal with reality

Why would I do research for you when I know the answer?...

And every Historian will tell you that a President's Policies will not be felt until 10-20 years after he leaves office... that is a fact jack....

Easier put would be ...... NO. You have no ideas for me.

OK. Maybe I should watch the Fox News Networks and get an objective point of view?

So CLINTON is responsible for the mess we are in????? C'MON Dirty. You are WAY SHARPER THAN THAT!!!!!!! That is absurd.

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

dirty

EOG Master

Easier put would be ...... NO. You have no ideas for me.

OK. Maybe I should watch the Fox News Networks and get an objective point of view?

So CLINTON is responsible for the mess we are in????? C'MON Dirty. You are WAY SHARPER THAN THAT!!!!!!! That is absurd.

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Ok pal... I am not arguing with you.... You obviously have proved you think in the here and now instead of learning from History and trying to Make things better... You probably think by changing the President then things will automatically get better as well :cheers:cheers:cheers

More power to ya....:whatever:

Ok pal... I am not arguing with you.... You obviously have proved you think in the here and now instead of learning from History and trying to Make things better... You probably think by changing the President then things will automatically get better as well :cheers:cheers:cheers

More power to ya....:whatever:

For the record I do not believe that things get better overnight. I DO believe that after EIGHT years things should be BETTER. (not perfect) Mr. Bush has been at the helm for 7.5 years and this country is far worse off than when he took the oath. I DO beleive that.

Thinking that Clinton's successful term was a product of Reagan or HW Bush, or that GW is struggling during his term because of Clinton is just plain closed minded.

I hope for both our sakes a leader with vision beyond OIL gets in there and does some good work.

Nice debating with you though!!

Good luck tonight!!

Wow just stunned no idiot came in and blamed illegals for making oil prices so high. The lack of intelligence in this country is just plain breathtaking so I shouldn't be surprised so many people have no clue in this thread either. Supposedly we all have to take a semester of economics, but read stuff like this thread or listen to a few politicians make insane promises that completely ignore laws of supply and demand you would think Econ classes were banned in this country.

dirty

EOG Master

Wow just stunned no idiot came in and blamed illegals for making oil prices so high. The lack of intelligence in this country is just plain breathtaking so I shouldn't be surprised so many people have no clue in this thread either. Supposedly we all have to take a semester of economics, but read stuff like this thread or listen to a few politicians make insane promises that completely ignore laws of supply and demand you would think Econ classes were banned in this country.

you got it WB... Supply and Demand and Profit and Profit Margin are Greek to most in this country....:cheers:cheers:cheers

Even more amazing are how many people buy into the idea of one day gas boycotts. Yeah lets bring ExxonMobil to their knees, we won't buy gas on Thursday!!!

You know in a way there is a reason why gas prices may come down leading up to an election. If speculators think a candidate unfavorable to oil supply/demand equation was elected they may dump their oil contracts. There is far too much impact from speculation, but that is just a part of the realities of free markets.

I know I keep looking bad on this, but oil prices are in a major bubble and will fall at some point. Just like those who laughed at those predicting a collapse in home prices or the NASDAQ at some point, this one will come true too. Oil has always intrinsically traded at replacement cost plus some modest premium. With oil coming out of the ground at an average cost of $25-35 pricing it at $90/barrel or more is just not justified. But at many times in history this common sense pricing concept has been forgotten as oil has traded at major discounts or premiums to replacement cost.

dirty

EOG Master

Even more amazing are how many people buy into the idea of one day gas boycotts. Yeah lets bring ExxonMobil to their knees, we won't buy gas on Thursday!!!

You know in a way there is a reason why gas prices may come down leading up to an election. If speculators think a candidate unfavorable to oil supply/demand equation was elected they may dump their oil contracts. There is far too much impact from speculation, but that is just a part of the realities of free markets.

I know I keep looking bad on this, but oil prices are in a major bubble and will fall at some point. Just like those who laughed at those predicting a collapse in home prices or the NASDAQ at some point, this one will come true too. Oil has always intrinsically traded at replacement cost plus some modest premium. With oil coming out of the ground at an average cost of $25-35 pricing it at $90/barrel or more is just not justified. But at many times in history this common sense pricing concept has been forgotten as oil has traded at major discounts or premiums to replacement cost.

You got it... Very good response and Post....

trying to talk to these guys about the real market and how it actually works gets aggravating....hard to explain to them a Concept they just don't understand.... Thanks to Public Socialized Education our country gets Dumber every graduating class that comes out... that is why we are in the mess we are in.... The best way to take over a Country is to control it's education system.... and it is slowly crumbling before our eyes

dirty

EOG Master

and another thing that sucks is Just because you take a Business perspective and understand it... everyone that doesn't automatically Brands you a Bush/Big oil/Big Business loving Republican....

They better not Dirty! I was a public policy analyst for 3 years, which included following the oil industry and a bunch of other "social interest" topics like illegal immigration, traffic problems, and low cost housing. I'd like to think I defied labels like liberal or conservative or whatever. Most problems have answers based in basic economics, but they don't make politicians or people happy so they go off the deep end and just call you wrong. I tell you one thing, nothing like getting grilled by a city councilman who called himself a Tom Hayden disciple. Now that was fun.

Someday I'll be a political speechwriter and I will start ignoring the truth. Until then I will keep speaking the truth even if it isn't popular.

dirty

EOG Master

They better not Dirty! I was a public policy analyst for 3 years, which included following the oil industry and a bunch of other "social interest" topics like illegal immigration, traffic problems, and low cost housing. I'd like to think I defied labels like liberal or conservative or whatever. Most problems have answers based in basic economics, but they don't make politicians or people happy so they go off the deep end and just call you wrong. I tell you one thing, nothing like getting grilled by a city councilman who called himself a Tom Hayden disciple. Now that was fun.

Someday I'll be a political speechwriter and I will start ignoring the truth. Until then I will keep speaking the truth even if it isn't popular.

HAHA...good for you on the truth part....

I am the same way... I try to deal in reality.... Most don't... they are either always over stating or understating what is going on.... you have to be able to find the Truth through that....

Like you said... It should not be political, but most make it that way....

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

So what is your take on removing one of the biggest sources of oil on the market, iraq, and it's residual effect on the marketplace? How did that effect the price of oil? Also, what effect does Bush and the president of iran rattling war drums have to do with driving up the price of oil?

P.S. Thank you for calling all of us idiots by inference of our lack of intelligence in this thread and this country.

P.S. II If a Pimp became president and the price of pusssy tripled whil he was president I guess you would say that it's those pesky Chinese banging more broads driving up the cost, eh?

So what is your take on removing one of the biggest sources of oil on the market, iraq, and it's residual effect on the marketplace? How did that effect the price of oil?

Please dont question Dirty or WB. They already have this country all figured out. (They have a degree that says so)

Please do not, heaven forbid, judge a president on his RESULTS. Instead let's blame it on Congress or the president that was in office 10-20 years ago. :rolleyes:

Wikipedia = In leadership roles, accountability is the acknowledgment and assumption of responsibility for actions, products, decisions, and policies including the administration , governance and implementation within the scope of the role or employment position and encompassing the obligation to report, explain and be answerable for resulting consequences.

Why is it so wrong to hold the LEADER of this country accountable for his results?

If he were a CEO of a Fortune 500 Company he would have been FIRED long ago. (and possibly in jail, IE Enron and Worldcom)

GW deserves NO free pass.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Please dont question Dirty or WB. They already have this country all figured out. (They have a degree that says so)

Please do not, heaven forbid, judge a president on his RESULTS. Instead let's blame it on Congress or the president that was in office 10-20 years ago. :rolleyes:

Wikipedia = In leadership roles, accountability is the acknowledgment and assumption of responsibility for actions, products, decisions, and policies including the administration , governance and implementation within the scope of the role or employment position and encompassing the obligation to report, explain and be answerable for resulting consequences.

Why is it so wrong to hold the LEADER of this country accountable for his results?

If he were a CEO of a Fortune 500 Company he would have been FIRED long ago. (and possibly in jail, IE Enron and Worldcom)

GW deserves NO free pass.
Thanks OSU. I do not understand how anybody cannot understand what has transpired and how W and the others need to be held responsible for their roles in iraq and the price of oil.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

So what is your take on removing one of the biggest sources of oil on the market, iraq, and it's residual effect on the marketplace? How did that effect the price of oil? Also, what effect does Bush and the president of iran rattling war drums have to do with driving up the price of oil?

P.S. Thank you for calling all of us idiots by inference of our lack of intelligence in this thread and this country.

P.S. II If a Pimp became president and the price of pusssy tripled whil he was president I guess you would say that it's those pesky Chinese banging more broads driving up the cost, eh?
I would like to see your answers here Wildbill.

Journeyman

EOG Master

He's good at vaguely pointing out the obvious, try taking a stand for once and being right on top of it.

I would like to see your answers here Wildbill.

Sorry I had better things to do than read this forum all day. Here are your answers:

1. Iraq was putting out minimal supplies before the invasion. I am not about to pass judgment on the merits of Iraq war or politics, just remember they had that whole "oil for medicine" or whatever it was. Iraq has been a smaller player in the oil market for some time and the whole concept of a country with no government being a major supplier again is laughable. It will take billions upon billions of dollars in investment to get Iraq running where it was in say the mid 90s. I just wonder where they will come from if the government there is divvying up the money three ways and has trouble keeping things secure. Many oil industry people speculate Russia and its state run oil business might be the candidate, how would you feel about that?

2. Iran has been up to tricks right along with Hugo Chavez. Please don't tell me this is all a Bush orchestration, the oil suppliers have more incentive to rattle those sabers and make it seem like invasions and wars are about to be fought.

I am not saying Bush doesn't play a role in this because I think he has been obviously looking out for his cronies/donors quite a bit, but you are barking up the wrong path here. I don't get the endless expansion of oil storage, but its a pittance of the daily supply taken off the market. I don't believe either that there is government collusion because the sorts of money we are talking about that the government could pump into the market is tiny compared to what is being exchanged daily. Just think about it, 86 million barrels of oil a day are consumed. Barrel is running at $90 now. You do the math of the value of the marketplace and tell me how any single entity or government could go out and mess with that market. Speculators are dealing in a tiny sliver of that market and their excess demand added in with smart supply covers by OPEC are leading to overvaluation. It really is that simple about why oil is in such a bubble now and the moment those speculators all start cashing in their chips and rushing to the next bubble is when we will suddenly see oil absolutely tumble.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Points taken, but. Saudi Arabia has proven that they could increase their output significantly, up to 200% if requested. Obviously that is what candidate Bush was talking about when he said he could jawbone certain oil exporters if he so desired. Once again, he must not have desired and certainly, driving DOWN the price of oil is not in the fatcat Saudi or any other oil exporter's best interests. You can call us 'idiots' all you want, but some analysts only see or are only 'paid' to see what they are told to see. If that is not your kind of 'truth', so be it.

P.S. What better things could you have to do but read the forums all day???????????????

MCP

Remember how gas Prices were going to drop when democrats got control of congress :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

remember how republicans were going to overturn roe V. wade ? stupid rednecks in the bible belt still buy that...

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Gas prices being what they are or what they will be would be a legitimate reason for a war..........................maybe somebody should tell this to Bush or whoever wins in '08!

The "gas crisis" started 30 years ago. Long lines at the gas stations.

Since then, every American politican alive has promised to do something about it.

Eight years from the current election, some other guy will be spouting the same nonsense.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

True, but if we can go to war to create profits for oil men and their countries why can't we go to war to drive the price of oil down?

gofer5

EOG Addicted

I vote democrat pretty often....

Dirty, I know we have different opinions on a lot of things, and I for the most part respect your opinion( except for you saying that Social Security is Welfare), but telling the Shrink that you vote Democrat pretty often is the biggest bunch of B.S. I have ever seen on EOG. You lose a lot of respect when you make statements like that just to keep your Boss happy. I hope you feel good about yourself!!!