Und 42 GB Nasty Cold

CHARLIEPEETE

EOG Dedicated
Re: Und 42 GB Nasty Cold

i made a large wager on the under 42 just waiting to buy some back at 39 something............or lower:dancefool

kidslick- I said the same thing Monday

Re: Und 42 GB Nasty Cold<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <hr style="color: rgb(43, 41, 94);" size="1"> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->This total drops to 37,38.

Topflight

EOG Addicted

Do they keep the footballs outside the whole game or do they bring some from indoors during the game?

This will probably sound stupid but I thought I heard during a cold winter game last year that balls on the sidelines were keep heated, of course I probably heard wrong:+clueless

kidslick

EOG Dedicated

from another poster

According to today's NY Post, the Tundra won't be frozen. The groundskeeper stated that there is 30 miles of heated pipes under the field and promises an entirely playable field even though the temp might be near zero. FYI.

I feel for the giants have a chance to win this game/ They need ball control/running game

It should be an awesome game. I am locked in at under 42 and some 42.5 (on a buy), maybe a small hedge at game time or 2nd half.

we shall see

kidslick

EOG Dedicated

I'm getting a little scared. We're going to need some wind.

raiders you locked in at a good number. Thats a great start

too many posters are writing about how this game is gonna fly over.

I don't see it that way..

I like this proposition....fwiw

betjamaica

<table width="650"><tbody><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>Line:</td><td>NFL Propositions</td></tr><tr><td> </td><td>01 - Conference Championship Props</td></tr><tr><td> </td><td>NYG @ GB - January 20th</td></tr><tr><td> </td><td>223 The Longest FG made in the game 1/20/2008 6:30:00 PM - (EST)</td></tr><tr><td> </td><td>Under 43.5 Yards -120</td></tr></tbody></table>

from another poster

According to today's NY Post, the Tundra won't be frozen. The groundskeeper stated that there is 30 miles of heated pipes under the field and promises an entirely playable field even though the temp might be near zero. FYI.

I feel for the giants have a chance to win this game/ They need ball control/running game

It should be an awesome game. I am locked in at under 42 and some 42.5 (on a buy), maybe a small hedge at game time or 2nd half.

we shall see

Uh, OK. 30 miles of heated pipes under a field that is 360 ft long and 160 ft wide?? 57600 sq ft of field has 30 miles of heated pipes? Riiiiiiigghht.

You can't make this shit up.

Journeyman

EOG Master

The field will not be like rock at least! I can remember playing football on frozen fields and when you got tackled it felt like you were landing on jagged rock that would cut your hand, frozen dirty doesn't give much lol.

I think we see two unders today.

raiders you locked in at a good number. Thats a great start

too many posters are writing about how this game is gonna fly over.

I don't see it that way..

I like this proposition....fwiw

betjamaica

</td></tr><tr><td>Line:</td><td>NFL Propositions</td></tr><tr><td> </td><td>01 - Conference Championship Props</td></tr><tr><td> </td><td>NYG @ GB - January 20th</td></tr><tr><td> </td><td>223 The Longest FG made in the game 1/20/2008 6:30:00 PM - (EST)</td></tr><tr><td> </td><td>Under 43.5 Yards -120</td></tr></tbody></table>

I did the same...it's 42.5 -170 now!

MCP

someone hit the over pretty good when it dropped...foolishly.

temperature doesnt have nearly the effect wind and rain does

Uh, OK. 30 miles of heated pipes under a field that is 360 ft long and 160 ft wide?? 57600 sq ft of field has 30 miles of heated pipes? Riiiiiiigghht.

from lambeaufield.com

This past spring, the Packers installed an entirely new playing surface, including a completely new drainage and heating system, bringing the latest technology in field management to the famous stadium. Chief to the new system is DD GrassMaster, a natural grass surface reinforced with man-made fibers. All existing levels of the field were removed and the new system began with a clay sub-grade level, compacted and graded (with a .6 percent slope), including drain tile, irrigation pipe and thermostat wiring for the heating system. The second level consists of 5? inches of pea gravel. On top of the gravel layer is 30-plus miles of ?-inch tubing for the heating system which can maintain a root-zone temperature of 55-plus degrees to keep the ground from freezing during the season's latter months. Level three consists of 12 inches of root-zone sand and Kentucky bluegrass turf. DD GrassMaster's synthetic fibers are stitched into the surface, providing strength and stability to the field. Fibers extend approximately seven inches below the surface and are exposed approximately one inch above the surface and are spaced every three-quarters of an inch. Approximately 20 million individual stitches make up the process. The slope equates to a crown of about 5? inches on the new surface.

MCP

foot meet mouth

you cant make this shit up.....

from lambeaufield.com

This past spring, the Packers installed an entirely new playing surface, including a completely new drainage and heating system, bringing the latest technology in field management to the famous stadium. Chief to the new system is DD GrassMaster, a natural grass surface reinforced with man-made fibers. All existing levels of the field were removed and the new system began with a clay sub-grade level, compacted and graded (with a .6 percent slope), including drain tile, irrigation pipe and thermostat wiring for the heating system. The second level consists of 5? inches of pea gravel. On top of the gravel layer is 30-plus miles of ?-inch tubing for the heating system which can maintain a root-zone temperature of 55-plus degrees to keep the ground from freezing during the season's latter months. Level three consists of 12 inches of root-zone sand and Kentucky bluegrass turf. DD GrassMaster's synthetic fibers are stitched into the surface, providing strength and stability to the field. Fibers extend approximately seven inches below the surface and are exposed approximately one inch above the surface and are spaced every three-quarters of an inch. Approximately 20 million individual stitches make up the process. The slope equates to a crown of about 5? inches on the new surface.

Thanks for the clarification. I have a different vision when I hear the word "pipe" vs the word "tubing". I stand (semi)-corrected. :cheers

No problem. I felt the same way when I heard the number(30 miles) earlier in the week. I really thought it was bull so I had to look it up.

MCP

Suggestion for those that don't understand how temperature, wind, extreme rain or cold affects totals, quit gambling.

My only guess is that Soli and MCP have never been in extreme weather conditions.

so does this mean you're going to quit gambling ? the temperature had very little noticeable effect except for some runny noses.

wind, yes brrrrrrr = no

so does this mean you're going to quit gambling ? the temperature had very little noticeable effect except for some runny noses.

wind, yes brrrrrrr = no

The question is..... did I really expect to read anything other than something just like this when I opened the thread seeing you were the last poster?

Jack Lemmon, Walter Matthau, and MCP........... peas in a pod.

wind, yes brrrrrrr = no
why would I quit? You should quit if you don't think the weather had anything to do with the game today.

The QB's were bad on their touch passes but were good when they fired it in there.

I'd bet you never played baseball but if you're at bat and take one of the handle in cold weather you don't have feelings in your hand for two innings. You can fire the ball from memory but lobbing it with accuracy is tough.

This would have been a 54 point game in warm weather.

MCP

baseball is far far far different from football when it comes to cold

and you're wrong i did play baseball... i had no idea the mets and brewers were playing tonight

and you're wrong i did play baseball..
ball boy doesn't count.

And weather affects baseball big time. In cold weather the salad tossers like you or Jamie Moyer that rely on touch are in trouble. They can't paint the corners.

Fastball pitchers have a huge advantage because no one wants to hit a 95mph fastball in 30 degree weather.

MCP

raiders you're a betting man... put your money where your mouth is... I can show you a few player of the week articles in the cleveland plain dealer if youd like.. and yes... of me.

Salad Tosser - You don't know a thing about the game of baseball or football if you don't know how the weather affects the game.

Now go get your shoe shine box.

Raiders looks foolish here bigtime. Manning was great all day and Farve sucks today just like he sucked and quit against Bears three weeks ago. Thank god we dont have to here about Favre for the next two weeks. No Raiders, we dont know this game would have scored 57 points in warm weather. Yes weather matters but each game is different for many different reasons. Next time just stfu and bet what you like and dont act like you know your shit cuz you showed the world today that you dont know shit. Fade Raiders in SB!!:doh1

dirty

EOG Master

Glad we have all these great Never Lose handicappers around this place lately....

Raiders looks foolish here bigtime. Manning was great all day and Farve sucks today just like he sucked and quit against Bears three weeks ago. Thank god we dont have to here about Favre for the next two weeks. No Raiders, we dont know this game would have scored 57 points in warm weather. Yes weather matters but each game is different for many different reasons. Next time just stfu and bet what you like and dont act like you know your shit cuz you showed the world today that you dont know shit. Fade Raiders in SB!!:doh1

I remember Raiders had SD and the under. Then NY and under. That 3-1. Fade away, and lose. I took the over but also GB. Also, I took SD. Thats 2-1. Fade me as well.

dirty

EOG Master

And there is a better than average chance that if NY does not give the Favre Interception deep in NY territory on the fumble then the game goes under... Pure speculation, but it let GB tie it up at 20 I do believe.

Dirty, I agree. I got lucky on the over. I felt GB was gonna be up and NY would be fighting back to put the game over. I was wrong on who was fighting back, but it was a pretty fun game to watch.

kidslick

EOG Dedicated

what a terrible bad beat.........sigh:hung

It was a fun game though