#900 for coach Bob Knight

dirty

EOG Master
Re: #900 for coach Bob Knight

This Child Abuser by Todays Standards will die on the court... He is the Hoops Version of Paterno and Bowden

If Smith hadn't retired at a reasonable age he would have no prayer to catch him....

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

PETE, THINK HE WILL HANG AROUND FOR NUMBER 1000????

I don't know Devil. He is just 67 so if he lives and we know he can coach. It will be up to him if he wants that 1000. It is looking like it will be tough to get 20 wins this season. Maybe I will be surprised. Everyone though has to enjoy teams that win while playing superior talent. But, the motion offense and tenacious man to man defense, Texas Tech can beat anyone on any given day. They are a decent team with a lot of desire, but lacking any superstars really. They play team ball and if they execute the way they are taught and have decent shooting, they can do well. Many Knight fans use the 20 win mark to determine a good and bad year. Who knows we may see Coach back in the NCAA or NIT for another title of sorts. Most impressive a 98% graduation rate by his players. No cars, money, hookers, parties, missing classes and the other things we read about other programs.

The 67-year-old Knight has been a head coach for 42 years at three Division I schools. He got his 100th victory at Army, then moved to Indiana, where his Hoosiers went 662-239 and won three national championships from 1971-00.
His first NCAA title came in 1976 when Indiana went undefeated, a feat no team has done since. In 1984, he coached the U.S. Olympic team to a gold medal in Los Angeles.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

I don't know Devil. He is just 67 so if he lives and we know he can coach. It will be up to him if he wants that 1000. It is looking like it will be tough to get 20 wins this season. Maybe I will be surprised. Everyone though has to enjoy teams that win while playing superior talent. But, the motion offense and tenacious man to man defense, Texas Tech can beat anyone on any given day. They are a decent team with a lot of desire, but lacking any superstars really. They play team ball and if they execute the way they are taught and have decent shooting, they can do well. Many Knight fans use the 20 win mark to determine a good and bad year. Who knows we may see Coach back in the NCAA or NIT for another title of sorts. Most impressive a 98% graduation rate by his players. No cars, money, hookers, parties, missing classes and the other things we read about other programs.

Good points. Tech definitely lacks offense. He needs 1 stud and LOOK OUT. He does not have that right now. Decent team but not real good.

Journeyman

EOG Master

This Child Abuser by Todays Standards will die on the court... He is the Hoops Version of Paterno and Bowden

If Smith hadn't retired at a reasonable age he would have no prayer to catch him....

Gotta agree with Dirty here...

Dean Smith will always be the benchmark, even though Knight has hung around for 20 years after his prime and passed him.

Comparing Knight and Smith, who were exact opposites.... ironically both of Dean's title wins were very lucky wins, both fluke endings...while Bobby Knight carved out the perfect season in 1976, and also beat Dean in the 1981 title game, and won it all again 11 years after his first title on Smart's last second shot .

Smith 2
Knight 3

Knight over Smith head to head.

As great as Dean Smith was, he very easily could have never won the title, two of the flukiest plays to end games , the Webber TO and the Fred Brown wrong team pass to James Worthy:+clueless

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Gotta agree with Dirty here...

Dean Smith will always be the benchmark, even though Knight has hung around for 20 years after his prime and passed him.

Comparing Knight and Smith, who were exact opposites.... ironically both of Dean's title wins were very lucky wins, both fluke endings...while Bobby Knight carved out the perfect season in 1976, and won it all again 11 years later on Smart's last second shot and also beat Dean in the 1981 title game.

As great as Smith's was his teams had trouble in the postseason and winning it all. His teams were a little soft. He played zones and 4 corners etc..while Knights teams played man to man. Different philosophies. Smith was a great man and everyone loved him and he had serious talent to the very end (jordan said he would have come out of retirment to play for "coach smith"..now that is a tribute). Not everyone will play for Knight and in fact he has trouble getting playersto play for him (at least marquee players). If knight has all the parts...he was as good as there was.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Very true Tom, the more i thought about it, it was hard to give the edge to Dean Smith.

Thank GOD the NCAA implimented a shot clock ,there is no more of that retarded 4 corners offense they would go into late in games...can you imagine a team doing that today?

I think Bobby Knight is his own worst enemy.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Very true Tom, the more i thought about it, it was hard to give the edge to Dean Smith.

Thank GOD the NCAA implimented a shot clock ,there is no more of that retarded 4 corners offense they would go into late in games...can you imagine a team doing that today?

I think Bobby Knight is his own worst enemy.

That 4 corners did piss a lot of people off. Just play basketball. THey did it so well though you had to appreciate the way they did it but did not like it at all. That would piss people off today even worse, you are right. Just play the game.

Smith was an all time great there is no doubt. Hard to rank em but they are way way up on any list. Coach K is right there too or at least closing fast... like him or not (I do not too much).