If you had to bet on one team not winning a championship in next 25 years....

Journeyman

EOG Master
Of the 3 major sports NFL MLB NBA

Which team would you bet would NOT win a title in the next 25 years?

I will go with the LA CLIPPERS

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated
Re: If you had to bet on one team not winning a championship in next 25 years....

NHL

Toronto Maple Leafs (41 years and counting baby, what's 25 more?!)

MLB

Pittsburgh Pirates or Milwaukee Brewers (without a fixed cap, small market, low spending teams don't have a chance)

Journeyman

EOG Master
Re: If you had to bet on one team not winning a championship in next 25 years....

I think the Brewers have a real chance....you can't lose your closer like they did though.

They have Fielder and Braun, pretty good nucleus in the middle now.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here

MLB: Tampa Bay Devil Rays

NFL: Atlanta Falcons

NBA: Minnesota Timberwolves

NHL: Columbus Blue Jackets

roach23

Banned

denver nuggets
TB Bucs
SF Giants

Journeyman

EOG Master

I never thought I'd say this but TB actually has the makings of a real team of the future, they even have a minor league full of arms...the D-Rays may have the best pitching in baseball throughout their minor leagues....

Still will be very difficulut to overtake the evil empires Bos and NYY over 162 games.

rainbow

EOG Master

OLD DOMINION, SORRY YOU DIDN'T SAY COLLEGE HOOPS.........

Journeyman

EOG Master

OLD DOMINION, SORRY YOU DIDN'T SAY COLLEGE HOOPS.........

But they have the Lady Monarchs who've won their share :cocktail

Cmon Rainbow pick a team...I'm gonna bump this in 2033:+clueless

rainbow

EOG Master

TB DEVIL RAYS
NEW JERSEY NETS
HOUSTON TEXANS

dirty

EOG Master

Atlanta Falcons

MLB: The Tokyo Giants

NHL: The London Blue Liners

NFL: The Toronto Rough Riders

FYI, when this thread gets bumped in 2033 I'll be long gone then, so say something nice about me then. Thank you. :cheers

pvcpipe

EOG Master

Don't be so sure about Toronto, they could wind up with the Bills. And the Bills are synonomous with championships.

Towelie

EOG Enthusiast

how can the lovable losers not be mentioned yet.

MCP

any cleveland team is a fuckin lock...even when we have the best team we cant win (browns laye 80's, cavs late 80's, indians mid 90's)

They ran this poll 50 years ago on the innernet and I said the Cubs. I will stick with the Cubs. Whats 125 years between WS titles?

The Devil

EOG Master

kansas city royals.........

Journeyman

EOG Master

any cleveland team is a fuckin lock...even when we have the best team we cant win (browns laye 80's, cavs late 80's, indians mid 90's)

'Cavs late 80s', can you refresh my memory?

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

detroit lions,L.A. clippers and the kansas city royals.

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

I can't believe no has mentioned the worst franchise in the NFL due to the worst owners in the NFL:

The Arizona Cardinals!

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

I wouldn't dare name any MLB teams because it is the one sport in which teams surprise us the most year after year....

Hache Man

I'm going to say...............Memphis Grizzlies

MCP

'Cavs late 80s', can you refresh my memory?

Cavs kept losing to the Bulls in the playoffs.. Cavs were the better team (price, nance, daugherty, ehlo, hot rod, etc) Michael kept stickin the dagger in 'em I've even seen interviews on espn classic with pippen and horace grant reflecting and saying cleveland had the best team but for some reason couldnt get past the bulls.. yeah "some reason" named MJ.. ill give you a reverse example... look at Pistons and Cavs now.. Detroit is better team, but Lebron can beat them single handedly.

Journeyman

EOG Master

oh thats right! I forgot it was that long ago...yes, agree they were right there in contention for the title.

Hache Man

Did Mark Price EVER miss from the line...........:cheers

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Leave "MY CUBS" alone...!!!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LWSjUe0FyxQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LWSjUe0FyxQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

I'm going to say...............Memphis Grizzlies

i started to say memphis grizzlies but you got to remember they had a couple 50 plus win seasons under hubie brown and had a pretty good lineup there for a while too.if the grizzlies can get the right formula anything is possible but personally i don't like the grizzlies or follow them because my team is the college memphis tigers and also the owner threatening to move or sell the grizzlies.i have followed the memphis tiger basketball team since i was ten in '85 when they went to the final four and they've been pretty deep in the march madness a few times since including a couple elite eights recently.i'd say my three main teams are memphis tiger college baskets,tennessee titans pro football and the tennessee vols in college football and college baskets.i haven't been into the NBA since i was a celtics fan in the 80's growing up on larry bird the best man to ever play basketball besides michael jordan.somewhere right after jordan retired i really totally thought NBA sort of went downhill.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

jman, i can see you bumping this thread in 25 years....

Topflight

EOG Addicted

NFL... Buffalo
NBA...Clippers
NHL...Edmonton

VegasRobert62

EOG Member

This is the one bet I make every year, since they blew the 3-0 lead in the AL Championship series. The New York Yankees will NOT win the World Series. I believe the Curse of Babe Ruth has been passed to them, and they will not see a title in 82 years.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Philly Eagles. With this fraud of a coach and these awful drafts, we have nowhere to go but down from here. We will see the brown bags about three years from now. this fraud has luck out tho because Gibbs and Parcells have left the division. When those two got back to coaching, i knew Andy's days of coaching against awful coaches were over.

The Adam Meyers

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1054121 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>NoNewbieca<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1054121", true); </SCRIPT>
EOG Dedicated

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1054121 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"><!-- icon and title --> Re: If you had to bet on one team not winning a championship in next 25 years....
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->NHL

Toronto Maple Leafs (41 years and counting baby, what's 25 more?!)

MLB

Pittsburgh Pirates or Milwaukee Brewers (without a fixed cap, small market, low spending teams don't have a chance)
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Mil has a nice chance TY, Rays getting no love but they will always (for the time being) have a tougher getting out of their division then the CREW.