Would you like to see a straight 25% tax on everything purchased?

Journeyman

EOG Master
And drop the traditional taxation as we know it?

Pay tax only on what you spend and not what you earn?

(25% approx)

Someday it will change, when is anyones guess but it will change it has to change.

Re: Would you like to see a straight 25% tax on everything purchased?

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Absolutely not, I would be out of a job :LMAO

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

dirty

EOG Master

Sounds good to the super rich.

HAHA....do some research

you have at least 25% in taxes inbedded into everything you buy now.. it is taxed at every stage until it is in your hands...

Prices would drop at least that much and everyone would pay the same tax rate....

It would not be 25% on top of what we pay now... Holy cow....

all Federal, state and Local would be done away with... that means prices go down because the companies that make it, distribute it and sell will not have taxes to pay on it like now.... then when you buy you pay a flat tax..... food and necessities like toothpaste, etc would be excluded or rebated to you every year.

Americans For Fair Taxation:

Journeyman

EOG Master

It makes too much sense for our ass backwards govt to seriously consider it....hopefully someone with some balls will take over and actually do something about health care, energy and the war and have some fresh ideas like this new form of taxation.

It's total bullshit anyone in this country goes without proper health care, yet they cane take billions of dollars and blow it to bits on some space blunder.

dirty

EOG Master

socialized and Government ran Healthcare is not the answer... the Private Sector is... We just have to reign in Frivolous lawsuits against Docs/med companies.... When have you ever saw any government run anything efficiently?.. we have the means and resources to control it.

not saying they are all right... but malpractice Insurance is so high because of BS lawsuits (like Charlie Weiss saying his Stomach surgery for being fat didn't work .. said this cause it popped into my head).....

Pharmaceutical companies do a lot wrong.. I am not letting them off the hook... and docs resort to cheating on insurance and taking shortcuts (like rushing patients in and out) to make more money to offset the Higher Malpractice insurance claims....

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

Even if Huckabee was to win the Presidency which will never happen in a million years - this is not passing a democratic Congress in a billion years - I primarily pay long term capital gains - so I'd like to see Romney win who says he wants to take long term capital gains from 15% to 0% - regarding the 23% flat tax on everything - I guess anything is worth trying - I'm just sick of people getting a free ride - free housing, welfare, Section 8, etc. - get off your effing ass and do something.

MCP

simply put, maybe.. ive read up on it and it seems like it benefits both extremes.. the very poor and very rich.. so once again the middle class gets walked on.. but alas, it will never happen... i think we are all for the elimination of the IRS though

I's like to see a 75% tax on cigarettes, booze and Republicans only...

dirty

EOG Master

simply put, maybe.. ive read up on it and it seems like it benefits both extremes.. the very poor and very rich.. so once again the middle class gets walked on.. but alas, it will never happen... i think we are all for the elimination of the IRS though

buy the Fairtax book and read it... the new one that has been published answering all the questions and detractors complaints is very good....

95% of the people bashing the plan (in Washington) have not read it and do not want to... it will Fuck up their K Street Money train...

buy it used off of amazon or Barnes and Noble and read it.... written by Nea Boortz and John Linder.... well worth your time

MCP

dirty, im afraid to read it.. i dont wanna be excited about something that will never happen

dirty

EOG Master

It is gaining More and More steam... if enough of us get behind it then it will happen... we elect our senators and congressmen..... I am lucky on this issue ... GA may be republican at the national level for the most part, but they all support the Fairtax....

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

pay Picture this - these degenerates pay no taxes - I mean zero - now, Leroy wants to get some new 22's for his sled and he has to pay 23% extra - I like the flat tax only because it should teach responsibility - if you can't afford it and don't need it then save your money - not to crack on minorities but they clearly waste money like no tommorrow - I go to plays hoops and Dee has a new pair of Jordans every night - I doubt Dee works.

dirty

EOG Master

you have no clue about it seymour...

not going to argue it with ya.... but you have no clue.....read the book

no chance there is a 25% tax across the board.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

I hate to waste my time when I have no effect - being knowledgable is worthless if you can never apply it

dirty

EOG Master

no chance there is a 25% tax across the board.

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

if you make more than 35K a year you pay at least 50% in State, local and Federal taxes now and there is not a 25% across the board tax
:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

I needed that after the Phoenix 2nd half over is not going to hit

dirty

EOG Master

I am just going to shut up before I get in trouble

dirty

EOG Master

LOL you don't think 25% taxes are embedded in everything that you buy unless you get it on the black market....

totally amazing

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I needed that over too Dirty, those guys are u-know-whats :hung
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Journeyman

EOG Master

Dirty is making a lot of good points here....it makes sense.

roach23

Banned

socialized and Government ran Healthcare is not the answer... the Private Sector is... We just have to reign in Frivolous lawsuits against Docs/med companies.... When have you ever saw any government run anything efficiently?.. we have the means and resources to control it.

not saying they are all right... but malpractice Insurance is so high because of BS lawsuits (like Charlie Weiss saying his Stomach surgery for being fat didn't work .. said this cause it popped into my head).....

Pharmaceutical companies do a lot wrong.. I am not letting them off the hook... and docs resort to cheating on insurance and taking shortcuts (like rushing patients in and out) to make more money to offset the Higher Malpractice insurance claims....

well said.

with regards to the fair tax i think it'll open up a huge black market...so all the money the goverment will save on the IRS will be applied to investigating fraud with regards to under the table purchases. And how are they gonna prosecute tax evaders?

dirty

EOG Master

Common sense tells you that you have 21% just in sales tax on Products....as the average sales tax in the US is 7%

The people who make it sell it get taxed on it by the State 7%... That means they mark it up 7% over their Cost/Profit... Then the Middleman gets taxed on it 7% when he sells it to the store (same shit..they mark it up to take care of the sales tax)..... Then You go to Target, walmart, etc and buy it you pay 7% on it (which that store has included in the price as well) then that means the Product is costing you at least 21% higher than it should... then you add in Fuel Tax to ship it 2 places... then you add in other Misc costs which could be anything from storing, etc.. and you have an average of at least 25%... the Fairtax says 23% will do it.....

dirty

EOG Master

well said.

with regards to the fair tax i think it'll open up a huge black market...so all the money the goverment will save on the IRS will be applied to investigating fraud with regards to under the table purchases. And how are they gonna prosecute tax evaders?

How would there be any tax evaders?

Their would be no evaders... their would be little black market (except for drugs)

The cost of the Product would be the cost of the Product... No markup.... with the Markup gone then there is no way to have a black market....

and remember the Fairtax is only 23% on New items.. used items it cost what it costs.. no tax whatsoever.....takes the blackmarket away... You go buy a used car for $5k.. it costs ya $5k... but buy a new one for $30k you pay the 23-25%... but under the current system the car would have cost ya $40K plus Tax, tag and title

this would never pass because it destroys the lower class........sooooooo unfair..

:+textinb3

MCP

dirty...

in this fair tax/consumption tax... are you saying items are no longer taxed when bought buy companies and wholesalers ?

dirty

EOG Master

this would never pass because it destroys the lower class........sooooooo unfair..

:+textinb3

LMAO... More ignorant Bullshit from you... read the book... you get a credit back on Items that are a necessity ....

dirty...

in this fair tax/consumption tax... are you saying items are no longer taxed when bought buy companies and wholesalers ?

NO... That is what the 25% tax is for... they would no longer Tax employess or anyone... if you made 15 bucks a hour now... it would be like making 18 an hour under the fairtax.... Your payroll taxes, ss taxes, etc would be gone... the only tax would be the flat tax

that is how overtaxed we are is that people don't understand that only 25% sales tax if all other taxes were taken away would do anything this country needed to do....

Dirty,
I ask you this because you seemed to have read about it and prob understand it better than most. If anybody else knows, please chime in..

Will there be a max? (Like buying a car?) I think we pay a max of $350, sales tax for the purchase of a car. Surely we wouldnt pay 25% on 40k.

dirty - attack the post, not the poster. and i hate to break it to ya, but you have fallen for the propaganda you are reading....hook, line, and......

dirty

EOG Master

Dirty,
I ask you this because you seemed to have read about it and prob understand it better than most. If anybody else knows, please chime in..

Will there be a max? (Like buying a car?) I think we pay a max of $350, sales tax for the purchase of a car. Surely we wouldnt pay 25% on 40k.

It may be that way in your state... but the Max of $350 is one of those so called truth/untruth's.

You may only pay that Max at signing... but the dealer/Financier pays the rest and rolls it into your payment... just another way of Bilking Money from you....

If you are saving 23% on everything New you buy and getting a credit for all food and necessities ... you will not have a problem paying a 25% tax on a $40k Vehicle

dirty

EOG Master

dirty - attack the post, not the poster. and i hate to break it to ya, but you have fallen for the propaganda you are reading....hook, line, and......

I did attack the post, but I can't help the Poster who posted it....

I have fallen for nothing... We are overtaxed and the Fairtax will make this country Prosperous again... funny we never ran a deficit until the Progressive Income tax was implemented...

You are so smart ID please tell us what Amendment that was and what States never signed the Amendment...

But Now with the Progressive Income tax and raising it every year, by no matter who is in office, our country keeps ringing up debt left and right.....

but you know it all ID... please tell us the cause of it... and don't start with GWB :whatever:

mr merlin

EOG Master

I would be willing to pay maybe 5%, nothing more. Also democrats should pay more - perhaps 10-20%. That way everybody will be happy!

dirty

EOG Master

Dirty,

Kinda Like the Zero Percent financing... you can only get 0% if you pay so much down... Wonder why that is :+clueless:+clueless:+clueless

The down payment you make is paying the otherwise 3-6% interest you would normally pay if you had good credit... don't think these places are giving you a Great deal by the Zero percent... sure you save money over the life of the loan... but don't think you are getting it free.

dirty

EOG Master

Damn... How can anyone take ID serious when she has never read the book and does not understand how it is going to work.... the Fairtax is the best thing that ever happened to the poor... it will make the EIC and welfare look like child's play....

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated

I dont know whether its a good idea or bad but...

Who will make up the tax revenue that the gov't would lose as a result? Someone has to.

"the Fairtax is the best thing that ever happened to the poor"

If the Fairtax is good for the rich AND the poor who will it fuck???

roscoe

EOG Veteran

dirty, how do the states make up for their lost tax dollars? how does ss function with no contributions?