Is ANDY PETTITTE a HOF'er?

Not now he isn't, but with 4 more years, will he be? Will he get votes?

He has 178 wins, career 3.75 ERA in the AL primarily....

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
If he gets in then Mussina should have to get in also.

And I dont think Mussina is a HALL OF FAME'r!

Pettitte is not better than Jack Morris.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
At one point with the Yankees he was the winningest pitcher over the last 9 or 10 years. Right now at the rate he is going he has considerably dropped off so I would say no however if he picks it up at his pasts' pace (15 wins, better ERA) and can end his career with at least 250 then I might once again consider it.

Re: Is ANDY PETTITTE a HOF'er?

Pettitte could have still won 300 games and sealed his HOF honors, if motivated to hang around, but now, it won't matter.

Tainted Andy!

rayray

EOG Dedicated

nowhere near the best that year id. with pettite contemplating leaving after last year and with the roid deal goin on, noway he stays in the league 4 more yrs. imo

Journeyman

EOG Master

300 games was a reach, nobody expected Galvine to sneak into the 300 win district either after he left the ATL...it would have been tough, I would say NO either way but he would have been in that Jack Morris type company, he has a very good winning percentage and was always the Yankee stopped.

Andy was hinting at retiring anyway...I doubt he will hang around long enough to get much past 250 wins.

The benchmark of a great pitcher is winning 50% of your starts, right now he has 403 starts and 201 wins.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

I think he was a borderline HOFer due to his multiple big postseason wins but this will now make it very tough.

#1 he is a Yankee HOF er and has BB HOF potential.

nothces win #211 vs. 119 losses tuesday night.

tripp

EOG Master

not a chance in hell and he is one of my favorite yankees of all time.

there is honestly no chance he makes it and this was a silly question to ever ask. i love the guy, but no way is he hof material.

http://www.nesn.com/2009/08/pettitte-ties-gomez-on-yankees-win-list.html

Pettitte Ties Gomez on Yankees' Win List

by Neil Keefe on Aug 27, 2009 9:57:55 AM
With his 11th win of the season on Wednesday night against the Texas Rangers, Andy Pettitte moved into a tie for third place on the Yankees' all-time win list.
Pettitte pitched seven innings, allowing five hits and two runs to improve to 11-6 on the season. The victory was the 189th of Pettitte's career in a Yankees uniform, tying him with Hall of Famer Lefty Gomez.
?It?s cool. It?s awesome, tying Lefty Gomez, one of the all-time great Yankees,? Pettitte told the New York Daily News. ?I guess I?m thankful and so blessed to stay healthy and play on a great team.?
Pettitte, 37, now sits behind only Whitey Ford (236) and Red Ruffing (231) on the Yankees' win list. In 12 seasons with the Yankees, Pettitte is 189-107 (.639).
?I feel like I?m smarter," Pettitte told the Daily News. "I feel like I?m a better pitcher than I?ve ever been."
With Pettitte once again displaying his second-half dominance, going 3-1 with a 2.79 ERA, the Yankees have posted a 28-10 record since the All-Star break.
?We?re in a good situation right now,? Pettitte told the Daily News. ?The club is playing with a lot of confidence, we?re playing well. Hopefully we?ll keep it rolling.?

10-11-09:

Pettitte retired 17 of the first 18 batters he faced and left Joba Chamberlain a 2-1 lead and one out in the seventh.
Pettitte matched John Smoltz for career postseason victories. Pettitte?s previous such win came back in the 2003 World Series against Pavano?s Florida Marlins, who won it all that year.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Pettitte is not a Hall of Famer. Now for my own two cents (which is close to what I have left after the overrated Tom Brady played like cow crap yesterday): I've heard some silly Yankee fans on WFAN in NY trying to push the case that Jorge Posada is potentially worthy of the Hall. This is asinine. What sane person looks at Posada and thinks he's one of the all-time greats in baseball? He's been a solid offensive, horrible defensive catcher with some nice power and a ton of strikeouts. He's hardly an All-Star let alone an all-time great. He also has only played ten full seasons and only played an average of 135 games in each of them.