Whats the best INVESTMENT you ever made?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Re: Whats the best INVESTMENT you ever made?

2 come to mind

Buying TWO copies of the very FIRST edition of the L.A. edition of "The National" sports daily paper in 1990 with Magic Johnson on the cover - taking good care of it and then having Magic sign BOTH of them a few years ago. they are now in museum style framing and worth A LOT more than what i paid for it

the best - BY FAR

1992 Winter Olympics in Albertvills, France. i worked for CBS so i had 100% all access to just about everywhere. i KNEW this was the last time the soviet union would be wearing "CCCP" clothing and made it a goal to get some. i knew the value of it and knew the soviet athletes would be looking to sell their clothing and all because (at the time) U.S. Currency was priceless - with $100 USD worth about a YEAR'S annual pay on the black market. so on the last day after the games were over we went looking for their hotel and found it about 11:15P. the place was quiet and most lights were out in the place and all doors were closed - BUT ONE. it was slightly ajar so we knocked on it. we spoke no russian and they spoke very little english but we made it known we were americans with american currency looking to buy clothing. about 15 minutes later a pile of clothing about 3-4 feet high was in front of us - you name it i could have puchased it. my roommate got a sweats outfit while i bought the opening day ceremony clothing. i paid $100 for it and had more money to buy more but didn't have enough room to take it home with me. keep in mind i paid $100 for it in 1992 and a few years ago i had it appraised and was told it is worth between $1,500 - $2,000 making it by far my best ever investment. i figure the value is only going one way and in a few years it will be worth $3,000+

Rxx

EOG Veteran

200 shares of AOL in 1994. I knew that when my parents and sisters signed up on AOL that it was going to be the dominant player. A $10,000 investment turned into $250,000.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

200 shares of AOL in 1994. I knew that when my parents and sisters signed up on AOL that it was going to be the dominant player. A $10,000 investment turned into $250,000.

That works!

MCP

Boise St ML against OK

im not sure if the money was worth the years it shaved off my life though

waco

EOG Dedicated

Needing Indy +1 for a big 10 point teaser. I turned the game off after the 1st quarter. The Raven quit. Thank you. My other 2 picks were N..E at a pick and Cin under 55.5. That was some easy money.

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Greetings:

The Munchkin Man's best investment hasn't happened yet.

The Munchkin Man is hoping it will be TDCP.

Here is a link to the company web site:

3DIcon Corporation

Here is a link to the most recent speech by the CEO on the date of December 04, 2007:

3DIcon Corporation

Here is an excerpt from that speech:

<ADDRESS class=style6>"A massive change is coming in the way the world communicates. It's a tectonic shift that could well be bigger and vastly more significant than the Industrial Revolution and the Internet combined. A new, trillion-dollar industry is being born, and we here in Tulsa are at its very epicenter. </ADDRESS><ADDRESS class=style6></ADDRESS><ADDRESS class=style6>My briefing today is entitled, "We live in a 3D world. Why don't we communicate that way?" </ADDRESS><ADDRESS class=style6></ADDRESS><ADDRESS class=style6>Well, we're about to, and I'm going to show you by answering two questions: </ADDRESS><ADDRESS class=style6></ADDRESS><ADDRESS class=style6>(1) What's coming? and </ADDRESS><ADDRESS class=style6>(2) How will it affect every human being on earth?"</ADDRESS><ADDRESS class=style6></ADDRESS>____________

The Munchkin Man will leave the remainder of his speech to you if you are interested.

As always, the Munchkin Man advises you to conduct and complete your own due diligence and research, and reach your own conclusions, before you purchase this stock, or any other stock.

Good luck to all.

Best Wishes,

Munchkin Man

miami*Vette

EOG Member

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Two things. Bought a BMW Couple years ago and bought a 52 inch LCD Sony Bravia. Both items i get unlimited joy out of...even though these 'investments' are not going down in value as we speak.

CHALKbreaker

EOG Dedicated

Best MONETARY investment (NOTHING can beat some of the SENTIMENTAL investments that have been mentioned) I have made was putting about $2,000 of my IRA into research in Motion (RIMM) 5 years ago at just over $5 per share.

I considered it the biggest no brainer move I have ever seen in my life; as the anyone who used a blackberry could see just how the thing was going to explode in popularity. I only wish I had more $$$ to invest back then. I still hold ALL my shares today, which have split 2 for 1 and then later again again 3 for 1, and the stock now trades at about $105.