Got my first Heating bill

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated
437.33 with a coat on :LMAO:LMAO. got to love it. Would have never bought this house 12 years ago if i could have only projected that some of the clueless in this country would vote in two oil guys to hold office. Boy i hope none of these people in the primaries deal with water. Use to burn some kerosene but at 4 dollars a gallon it isn't even worth the hassle.

Re: Got my first Heating bill

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">you think that is bad, my pops just told me my Aunt's buget per month is $400.

And, did I mention, she lives in Cocoa Beach, FL. :LMAO

That means the peak months must be like $650

unreal.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

<table id="HB_Mail_Container" unselectable="on" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="100%" width="100%"><tbody><tr width="100%" unselectable="on" height="100%"><td id="HB_Focus_Element" unselectable="off" background="" height="250" valign="top" width="100%">you think that is bad, my pops just told me my Aunt's buget per month is $400.

And, did I mention, she lives in Cocoa Beach, FL. :LMAO

That means the peak months must be like $650

unreal.
</td></tr><tr unselectable="on" hb_tag="1"><td style="font-size: 1pt;" unselectable="on" height="1">
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Yeah but my kitchen is 55 degrees :LMAOand im still paying this bullshit and it hasn't dropped in the zero's yet. Game room is almost useless to heat. and its big. My problem is i have a big house because its all one floor. If i could put some of these rooms on a second floor i would be better off. I just got a wood burning stove for free from my parents and now i find out the freaking pipe i need to run thru the roof from the stove they want around 1300 :LMAO:LMAO it never ends. thank freaking god i can handicap.

Journeyman

EOG Master

That is scary!

Our G&E went up 50% this year, my old amount was about 110 on avg. And I thought we had it bad.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

That is scary!

Our G&E went up 50% this year, my old amount was about 110 on avg. And I thought we had it bad.

man 110. I can't even get it there on my best months. I swear the neighbor is plugged into me. Im not sure but i think last month was my lowest in about 7 months. Was like 180. Its freaking natural gas, its out of control.

Journeyman

EOG Master

man 110. I can't even get it there on my best months. I swear the neighbor is plugged into me. Im not sure but i think last month was my lowest in about 7 months. Was like 180. Its freaking natural gas, its out of control.

110 before the 50% rise...our G&E price was locked in for close to ten years we were actually lucky.

What area are you in THor?

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

110 before the 50% rise...our G&E price was locked in for close to ten years we were actually lucky.

What area are you in THor?
north east. about 20 minutes north of philly. was gonna go over shrinks for the fight but he wasn't offering airfare. Last site owner where i use to post would offer airfare and hotel accomedations (sp)

And people think it is crazy that I get $175 electric bills in the summer! Now I see why most people would take the summer heat in Vegas over the winter cold in the Midwest or Northeast. My worst nat gas bill is about $45 in the winter. Even when I lived in Reno I didn't pay more than $90 on gas.

dirty

EOG Master

I am on Total Electric and never have a bill over $200 Bucks ever

437.33 with a coat on :LMAO:LMAO. got to love it. Would have never bought this house 12 years ago if i could have only projected that some of the clueless in this country would vote in two oil guys to hold office. Boy i hope none of these people in the primaries deal with water. Use to burn some kerosene but at 4 dollars a gallon it isn't even worth the hassle.

There you go again. Blame the President. Maybe you should insulate your house better or conserve?

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

IM IN VEGAS THE BILL REMINDS ME OF MY SUMMER BILL

My uncle lives in Vegas and his bills are dirt cheap. its a fairly new condo complex and he says the electricity is cheap cause its powered by the Hoover Dam? Health care is also free i hear for senior citizens. I know where i am moving to.

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

luckily we have electric but that sonofabitch went from 120 dollars to 200 in one month here recently and hovered around 200 after being around 115 or 120 forever.greedy ass damn utility people and gas people taking advantage of people especially those on fixed incomes like the elderly should be fucking shot.

This is the utility-bill time of year in Las Vegas... Excellent weather

Light bill this month was $39.00
Gas bill was $13. (I guess if I would bathe and wash my clothes, it would be more)

Would have never bought this house 12 years ago if i could have only projected that some of the clueless in this country would vote in two oil guys to hold office.

Thing is they DIDN'T vote him in, but they fixed it anyway....

Peanuts went up when Carter was president but i didn't have to buy peanuts

Nice rebuttal. Good thing you don't have to debate in public, you would lose easily to anyone with half a brain. Now go find more things to blame on the President.

Matt

EOG Veteran

You think thats bad try paying the light bill when you have a bunch of 1000w lights.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Nice rebuttal. Good thing you don't have to debate in public, you would lose easily to anyone with half a brain. Now go find more things to blame on the President.

@@@@@ and blow jobs went up under Clinton and thank goodness i didn't have to buy that either. By the way Bateman, you are not that smart trust me. Weren't you the guy who said he would vote for Bush again? Or was it Munchyman, Mitchelin Man, Milk Man, or whatever the fukers name was? My half a brain is more clever than the two brains you own which of course go along with the five screen names you have here on the site. Hell at least egg Yoke was funny.

ballwonder

EOG Master

Where do you live in alaska? I live in the north east and just got my pseg bill and gas was 176.00 and electric was one hundred some dollars and thats with 3 kids.

dirty

EOG Master

How big is that double wide, seriously dirty, if youre entire house is on electric is it just you because that is low.....

House is one level about 2400 SF.... I have New Insulated Single Hung windows (double Hung are less air tight over time). New Insulated Storm Doors, and New Insulation blown into the Attic and Under the floors. Anyone that does not do this with the New Windows and Doors with the Technology we have (hurricane approved glass filled with Gel as well) is crazy and deserves to pay high Bills.... you can get each window done for around $150 - $200 if you do your research and get a good company that does not gouge you and each door around $300. The Money you spend on the renovation will pay for itself in 5 months here in the Summer (GA)... Also getting Rid of All Twirly Bird ventilation and Turtle Backs on the roof and Installing Ridge Vents Helps as well. With the Shingle Over Ridge Vent and Vented Soffit around the Eves of the House lets the Heat escape in the Summer and Cold in the winter.... as some heat is going to still get thru the Insulation in the winter... Ridge Vent will cool your attic tremendously in the summer therefore making your AC work less. Couple that with the New Windows and Doors and you are good to go.... It would be the same with Natural Gas as well..

Last edited:

ballwonder

EOG Master

thanks for the explanation dirty, good reading, one thing I should do is instullate the craw space under the floors.

dirty

EOG Master

No worries ballwonder... It helps to have owned your own Construction and roofing company...YOu can go buy the Rolls of r-17 insulation yourself and a Staple gun and get a couple of people to help you install it over a weekend if you don't want to pay to get it done.....would help a ton

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

No worries ballwonder... It helps to have owned your own Construction and roofing company...YOu can go buy the Rolls of r-17 insulation yourself and a Staple gun and get a couple of people to help you install it over a weekend if you don't want to pay to get it done.....would help a ton

My biggest problem like i said is its 4000 square feet because its all one floor. My game room is really big with 12 ft vaulted ceilings. this thing is getting to be one big white elephant. I need about three ceiling fans in the game room to bring the heat down but im tired of dumping money in this sucker. Just spent four hundred insulating the ceiling in the master bedroom. By the way dirty how do you insulate the floor with all that bridging in the way? I was thinking about doing that but its a real pain in the ass with the bridging in the way.

dirty

EOG Master

You install it between the Floor Joists and staple it with 1" staples and a Commercial staple Gun to the sides of the Joists. They should be at least 2 X 10's. You should have some already in there. You just have to fill the Big gaps between the joists because heat is the main Culprit and it is rising anyway. Your house is cool underneath. You just don't want it escaping from inside the house and with the Subfloor, Floor, etc Not much is going to get out...

If you have Vaulted Ceilings and you dont have 6" of space between the Ceiling and the Roof Deck you need to have insulation put on the Roof under your Shingles... Like Log Cabins/Houses who use the Decking as their Ceiling (exposed ceiling Homes)... You have to install 1" Foam Insulation boards (4' X 8') over the entire roof and then Lathe the house with 1" X 4"s to the rafters....Then screw 5/8" Decking (plywood) to the Lathes. Then put your Shingles over it.... This space between the Decking and the Insulation allows the Heat that escapes thru the Roof to get out Via Ridge Vent at the Ridge.... the Insulation Keeps the cool in.....

If you have 6" you need to Hire a roofer to come in and install Shingle over Ridge vent for you.... If you are not familiar with it I can help you decide who to use... If not done properly you wasted your money. Many Houses we have done only have the Vaulted ceilings on part of it and the Rest is traditional with a Attic. I have done about all that can be done. I am Certified to install any Roof from Shingles to Commercial. Family has been in the Roofing/Construction industry since 1945....No matter how much education we get we always go back to it....

JT McGEE

EOG Addicted

Sounds like my electric bill in the summer. Just under $700 from may to October just to keep the house at 78.

And today it was freakin 75 outside. Add in the humidity and I am running the A/C in the middle of December.

Sounds like my electric bill in the summer. Just under $700 from may to October just to keep the house at 78.

And today it was freakin 75 outside. Add in the humidity and I am running the A/C in the middle of December.
Amen to that,, 86 here today!!! I don't think i've turned off the A/c in 9 months.. This heat/humidity is really starting to piss me off.Thank God i am off to Ny next week for 2 weeks as it just does not feel like Christmas down here.

@@@@@ and blow jobs went up under Clinton and thank goodness i didn't have to buy that either. By the way Bateman, you are not that smart trust me. Weren't you the guy who said he would vote for Bush again? Or was it Munchyman, Mitchelin Man, Milk Man, or whatever the fukers name was? My half a brain is more clever than the two brains you own which of course go along with the five screen names you have here on the site. Hell at least egg Yoke was funny.

Did I say I would vote for GW again? Or do you have to put words in my mouth because you lack anything intelligent to say?

I love all of these..."I am smarter than you" posts. If you were so smart, you wouldn't have high oil bills :LMAO

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Man mine don't get up that high and i leave it about 76 to 78 in the summer. about 400. The best is the taxes tho. When i finally pay off this white elephant the taxes per month will be like a mortgage. I think im at 700 a month now. Just ridiculous. My wonderful democratic Mayor ran under a platform of reducing property taxes. By the time this snake gets to it, it will probably get reduce to what it was when he got elected.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

You install it between the Floor Joists and staple it with 1" staples and a Commercial staple Gun to the sides of the Joists. They should be at least 2 X 10's. You should have some already in there. You just have to fill the Big gaps between the joists because heat is the main Culprit and it is rising anyway. Your house is cool underneath. You just don't want it escaping from inside the house and with the Subfloor, Floor, etc Not much is going to get out...

If you have Vaulted Ceilings and you dont have 6" of space between the Ceiling and the Roof Deck you need to have insulation put on the Roof under your Shingles... Like Log Cabins/Houses who use the Decking as their Ceiling (exposed ceiling Homes)... You have to install 1" Foam Insulation boards (4' X 8') over the entire roof and then Lathe the house with 1" X 4"s to the rafters....Then screw 5/8" Decking (plywood) to the Lathes. Then put your Shingles over it.... This space between the Decking and the Insulation allows the Heat that escapes thru the Roof to get out Via Ridge Vent at the Ridge.... the Insulation Keeps the cool in.....

If you have 6" you need to Hire a roofer to come in and install Shingle over Ridge vent for you.... If you are not familiar with it I can help you decide who to use... If not done properly you wasted your money. Many Houses we have done only have the Vaulted ceilings on part of it and the Rest is traditional with a Attic. I have done about all that can be done. I am Certified to install any Roof from Shingles to Commercial. Family has been in the Roofing/Construction industry since 1945....No matter how much education we get we always go back to it....

Dirty If you saw my roof you would puke. The original is still solid as a rock and i bet its 60 years old but the former owners must have let some gypsie's do the addition. No soffet vents no roof vents and i know this is a big part of my problem. This whole thing needs to be reframed right. this house has so much potential but its a massive job which is gonna cost a bundle. Someday i will get this thing right or just sell it for what it is worth. Right now i just patch stuff but i know without any ventalation it will just keep rotting. Problem is that i don't won't to go thru all the work with putting in roof vents and soffet vents and then rip it all apart next year. I did put in a few gable vents to help out a little.