23 months for vick!!

soli

EOG Dedicated
Re: 23 months for vick!!

that's not that bad....I was expecting him to get the electric chair from what I was hearing on the forum

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Damn 23 Months is super harsh for the crime. I hate what he was involved in but there are people out there that do far less time for worse crimes. Vick wont be able to play football until 2,010... anyone think we will see him play again?

Tuckman

Uh Poster

i wonder if he will be in the madden 09? He's still on atlanta's roster so he should be!

Journeyman

EOG Master

Damn 23 Months is super harsh for the crime. I hate what he was involved in but there are people out there that do far less time for worse crimes. Vick wont be able to play football until 2,010... anyone think we will see him play again?

I have mixed feelings on the time he got as well..it seems high in a way but at the same time the crime is so sickening, and so senseless....I do agree the measuring stick for some crimes is out of balance....

It's hard to put a price on torturing dogs for human beings, we kill other animals without batting an eye too. Is killing a dog any worse than murdering a deer, for no other reason than the thrill of saying I can shoot a gun? Slaughtering cows and chickens, is that not torture?

And then there's vehicular manslaughter for the squirells and birds we all have ran over at some point:rolleyes:

I hit a deer once while driving a truck, the deer came out of nowhere and went sailing off to the side, that was difficult seeing it dead.

Dickyw

EOG Senior Member

I sure hope not

Pro sports is sleezy. Fuck we will probably see Pacman, and vick in the 2010 pro bowl. Ray Lewis tried to cover up a double homicde he witnessed and these TV guys are falling over one another to blow him

Journeyman

EOG Master

Pro sports is sleezy. Fuck we will probably see Pacman, and vick in the 2010 pro bowl. Ray Lewis tried to cover up a double homicde he witnessed and these TV guys are falling over one another to blow him

The irony in the R. Lewis case, he got more punishment than the two who did the deed.

Dickyw

EOG Senior Member

The irony in the R. Lewis case, he got more time than the two who did the deed.

Didn't know that, pretty fucked up.

I forgot about the scumbag Little that plays for the Rams. He killed someone in a drinking and driving accident then got pulled over a year or so later for another DUI.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Didn't know that, pretty fucked up.

I forgot about the scumbag Little that plays for the Rams. He killed someone in a drinking and driving accident then got pulled over a year or so later for another DUI.

I'm sure you did at the time, it was big news, the killers walked, NOT GUILTY ON ALL CHARGES.

Ray Ray took the plea in the end and did get fined and penalized by the state and the NFL.

Rxx

EOG Veteran

It was way too harsh. Who is served by putting him behind bars for 23 months. Is society safer? Is there a serious threat of recidivism?

I do not believe that Michael Vick is a threat to society. He isnt going to do this again. Society would be much better off by having him be fined a million dollars, to be donatated to the SPCA, doing 3-6 months time incarcerated, and then a year of required full time voluteer work at an SPCA, and concurrent probation.

waco

EOG Dedicated

Smoking weed got him 5 extra months. It is a sad case for someone who had everything. He may never play football again.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

It was way too harsh. Who is served by putting him behind bars for 23 months. Is society safer? Is there a serious threat of recidivism?

I do not believe that Michael Vick is a threat to society. He isnt going to do this again. Society would be much better off by having him be fined a million dollars, to be donatated to the SPCA, doing 3-6 months time incarcerated, and then a year of required full time voluteer work at an SPCA, and concurrent probation.

Punishment is two folded in the US - (1) rehabiliation and (2) retribution

Who is served? I can't really say Vick won't be involved in dog fighting again - he's that fvcking stupid - but I doubt he will be - others will certainly be deterred - and this is society paying him back (retribution/punishment).

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Will Mike Get to watch tonite's game?

Will Mike Get to watch tonite's game?

Will Mike get to watch MNF? That's gotta be hard!

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

I wonder who Mike is rooting for tonite, NO or Atlanta? Probably laid NO like 75% of the betting public did tonite!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">should have given him that in dog years.....
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>