1-0 or 3-1?

mofome

Banned
which is the better night, to you, using a universal unit return on each play. more a psychological question than one of br.

mofome

Banned
Re: 1-0 or 3-1?

yeah, i just know some people allow the one loss to eat at them more than they allow themselves to enjoy the wins. there is something to be said about going without a loss. an example with a few more plays may have proven to be more useful, but its just a topic i was a bit interested in.

yeah, i just know some people allow the one loss to eat at them more than they allow themselves to enjoy the wins. there is something to be said about going without a loss. an example with a few more plays may have proven to be more useful, but its just a topic i was a bit interested in.

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN....I HAVE A BUDDY WHO PLAYS THRU ME, HE MIGHT GO 7-1 AND HE WILL SAY.....DAMN....IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A NICE WEEKEND IF I HADNT BLOWN THAT 1 GAME!!!:+clueless :doh1

OscarB

EOG Dedicated

Mofo, I consider you to be an astute handicapper and a friend. However, the fact you even ask the question, leads me to believe you still have much to learn young man. Throw you emotions out and just always look at it from a mathematical perspective. "Always."

:smokesmal

mofome

Banned

Mofo, I consider you to be an astute handicapper and a friend. However, the fact you even ask the question, leads me to believe you still have much to learn young man. Throw you emotions out and just always look at it from a mathematical perspective. "Always."

:smokesmal

yes, i obviously understand what is the better result. as i stated, this was more to get a glimpse of any psychological effects of gambling or losses. some people may fall to sleep easier if they are 2-0 than they would if they were 4-1 with the one loss being an 8 run rally in the bottom of the 9th to lose by 1.

much to learn? there will never be a point where any of us know nearly as much as we do not. i have tons to learn about handicapping, just not sure how to go about it all the time nor am i sure about dedicating much effort to it.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

much to learn? there will never be a point where any of us know nearly as much as we do not. i have tons to learn about handicapping, just not sure how to go about it all the time nor am i sure about dedicating much effort to it.

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Great post momo

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

My only complaint regarding EOG. We have great minds here regarding capping but I don't see many "how to articles" Would love to hear for example how Culver sets a line or BucsFan just to name two as an example.

My only complaint regarding EOG. We have great minds here regarding capping but I don't see many "how to articles" Would love to hear for example how Culver sets a line or BucsFan just to name two as an example.

That is a legitimate criticism...

However, why not ask them in a thread they are likely to see? :+clueless

However, I will point this thread out for them..

Tim Patterson

EOG Dedicated

I know I'm elbowing in a little late here, but 3 - 1 is the only answer if the juice and and unit bet is the same, assuming that you are not laying over -200 ( as in bases favs or ML on foots), otherwise take the 1 - 0 because it doesn't matter how much juice you layed.

A footnote: Anyone contiunuously laying -200 won't be in business very long.

Fool

Culver

EOG Veteran

Culver

EOG Veteran

All day. I could tell you who I might play August 12th right now, but I couldn't be sure until I saw the lines. For example, a month ago I would have felt certain that I would play the Rockies at Toronto if I had Cook going. But I would have assumed back then that the Rockies would be an underdog. The lines move a lot on game day and teams' form changes on short notice (just look at Baltimore). I'm still debating the games while the pitchers are warming up. Last night I was kicking myself during the early innings of the Pirates-Angels game becaus Joe Saunders finally pitched like a minor leaguer and the line on the Pirates had gone up all day. But I also reminded myself that the Angels usually find a way to win at home against weak teams and Pittsburgh has been terrible when playing a good team on the road.

But you never stop handicapping at a certain time of day.

oscar, ditto, my friend.
mo - 3 wins=+3 units, 1 loss=-1.1 units= net total=+1.9 units
1 win=+1 unit, 0 losses=0 units=net total =+1 unit

:mutley