Illegal Criminal Immigrants please leave

Poll: Public Wants Illegals to Go Home
Eagle Forum
Wednesday May 23, 2007​
WASHINGTON - New polling shows a strong preference for enforcing U.S. Immigration laws that cause illegal aliens to go home. Advocacy groups and even some media outlets have released surveys showing support for legalizing illegals. However, those polls often gave voters a very limited choice between large-scale deportations or "earned legalization," or simply asked about conditional legalization without any alternative. When given the across-the-board enforcement option, with the goal of causing illegals to go home, the public strongly favors the enforcement approach over legalization with conditions.

Contrary to the new Senate bill, most Americans want less and not more immigration. When told the number of immigrants here and the number coming, 70 percent of voters said the level is too high, 19 percent said it is about right, and 5 percent said too low.
  • 75% of Republicans said immigration is too high, 5% said too low.
  • 69% of Democrats said immigration is too high, 6% said too low.
  • 71% of self described moderates said immigration is too high, 4% said too low.

Re: Illegal Criminal Immigrants please leave

12 to 20 million instantly given amnesty. Free to live here under a different set of rules. 400 to 600k additional per year free to come here.

All free to take take take.

It's gonna cost us trillions.

Combine it with the ever increasing price of a gallon of gasoline and you can kiss this country goodbye.

Ted Kennedy cannot die soon enough.

We are DOOMED.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

12 to 20 million instantly given amnesty. Free to live here under a different set of rules. 400 to 600k additional per year free to come here.

All free to take take take.

It's gonna cost us trillions.

Combine it with the ever increasing price of a gallon of gasoline and you can kiss this country goodbye.

Ted Kennedy cannot die soon enough.

We are DOOMED.
"What goes up,

Must come down!"

It was always a matter of when, not if!

Be careful, you may have to be an illegal immigrant next!!!!!!!!!!!!!:party :party :party

white males over 40 will be a minority by 2010.
wonder how things will go then.
will they get minority rights.

ZZ I'd be better off as an Illegal alien.

I could break the law and they'd just let me go or send me back to Mexico. Then I could just walk back across the boarder.

I could break the law and they'd just let me go or send me back to Mexico. Then I could just walk back across the boarder.

Do you speed? Have you ever jaywalked? How about fudged your taxes? I presume you are here because you gamble offshore. All these things are breaking the law. Or do you deny you have ever done any of the above?

none of those offenses you mention are punishable by PRISON time except possibly gambling.

speeding and jaywalking are just traffic offenses.
and i believe if i committed 3 million incidents of speeding in a year i would have a hard time getting amnesty and not having to pay.

and his point was that these illegals are breaking crimes by the millions in the united states and our court system can't punish them for it. i don't believe he was talking about the crime of crossing the border.

so why can an illegal immigrant (like the one here in wisconsin that just shot and killed a sheriff's deputy) continue to commit armed robberies with no punishment or deportation? short of killing a policeman these guys are getting away with anything and everything.

even the roman empire fell, what makes you think the US won't fall also?

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Walk a mile in another man's shoes Shorty, a Mexican man's shoes and then get back to me. I have a feeling your sentiments may change.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

"What goes up,

Must come down!"

It was always a matter of when, not if!

Be careful, you may have to be an illegal immigrant next!!!!!!!!!!!!!:party :party :party
Too late Baller, it's already fallen.

none of those offenses you mention are punishable by PRISON time except possibly gambling.

speeding and jaywalking are just traffic offenses.
and i believe if i committed 3 million incidents of speeding in a year i would have a hard time getting amnesty and not having to pay.

and his point was that these illegals are breaking crimes by the millions in the united states and our court system can't punish them for it. i don't believe he was talking about the crime of crossing the border.

so why can an illegal immigrant (like the one here in wisconsin that just shot and killed a sheriff's deputy) continue to commit armed robberies with no punishment or deportation? short of killing a policeman these guys are getting away with anything and everything.

Merely as a factual matter, I've never heard of anyone--illegal alien or not--being found guilty of murder or armed robbery without being punished. Illegal aliens who are found guilty of such crimes are still punished the same as anyone else; they are merely deported to the originating country AFTER having served their sentence.
If you know of a case where an illegal alien was found guilty of murder or armed robbery and suffered no consequences arising from that conviction, I would be very interested in hearing the specifics of that case. . . .

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Merely as a factual matter, I've never heard of anyone--illegal alien or not--being found guilty of murder or armed robbery without being punished. Illegal aliens who are found guilty of such crimes are still punished the same as anyone else; they are merely deported to the originating country AFTER having served their sentence.
If you know of a case where an illegal alien was found guilty of murder or armed robbery and suffered no consequences arising from that conviction, I would be very interested in hearing the specifics of that case. . . .
Shortbus was convicted of voting for George Bush TWICE......without apologizing...... ...........and deported to Alabama.........without ever serving a day in JAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shortbus was convicted of voting for George Bush TWICE......without apologizing...... ...........and deported to Alabama.........without ever serving a day in JAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:houra:cheers

Yeah but this crowd here would complain he got free food and shelter on the taxpayers dole by being locked up!

The anti-immigration crowd doesn't like facts, they just get in the way. Just state whatever sensationalist concept comes to mind that will rile up the voters and you can get away with it. Wait a second, that is from the Karl Rove playbook.

we were all immigrants but we learned english, paid taxes, and assimilated to society.
most of us contribute to the u.s. society, while most illegal immigrants are leeches on our asses.

Yeah but this crowd here would complain he got free food and shelter on the taxpayers dole by being locked up!

The anti-immigration crowd doesn't like facts, they just get in the way. Just state whatever sensationalist concept comes to mind that will rile up the voters and you can get away with it. Wait a second, that is from the Karl Rove playbook.

WildBill,

I can go all day on facts alone.

Should we start a new FACTS ONLY thread on illegal immigration?

I personally don't appreciate your insinuations. Rather than posting facts, you simply let us know that IN YOUR OPINION (which is wrong btw) we are full of nonsense.

Hardly facts from your end...

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

we were all immigrants but we learned english, paid taxes, and assimilated to society.
most of us contribute to the u.s. society, while most illegal immigrants are leeches on our asses.
We do so only because we are too stupid to make sure that all workers are legal to work here. By doing so, the immigration problem would cease overnight. Put every owner of every business in jail that does not certify his workers are legal. Easy. That's why I said the immigration issue is simply a canard , like gay marriage. Easily fixed, but our business owners do not want change , because the way it is now, they make big money and no whammies from subverting the system.

The Devil

EOG Master

IT'S TIME TO CUT THE CORD. NO CITIZENSHIP, NO BENEFITS. STOP THE CRAP WITH PRESS 2 IF YOU WANT THIS MESSAGE IN SPANISH. WANT TO LIVE HERE, PAY TAXES, LEARN THE LANGUAGE AND BECOME A CITIZEN.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

IT'S TIME TO CUT THE CORD. NO CITIZENSHIP, NO BENEFITS. STOP THE CRAP WITH PRESS 2 IF YOU WANT THIS MESSAGE IN SPANISH. WANT TO LIVE HERE, PAY TAXES, LEARN THE LANGUAGE AND BECOME A CITIZEN.
More compassionate Republicans??????????????? I guess your family never immigrated to America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Devil

EOG Master

More compassionate Republicans??????????????? I guess your family never immigrated to America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES THEY DID ZZ, MY GRANDMOTHER AND GRANDFATHER CAME FROM ITALY AROUND 1898 WITH 3 OF MY GRANDMOTHERS BROTHERS AND SPENT SOME TIME ON ELLIS ISLAND, THEY CAME HERE LEGALLY AND NONE OF THEM EVER RECEIVED A PENNY FROM WELFARE, ALL WORKED THEIR ASSES OFF, SOME AS SHOEMAKERS OTHERS BUILDING THE NYC SEWER SYSTEM, ALL BECAME AMERICAN CITIZENS AND ALL SPOKE FLUENT ENGLISH. IF YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE A POINT, I FAIL TO SEE IT.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

YES THEY DID ZZ, MY GRANDMOTHER AND GRANDFATHER CAME FROM ITALY AROUND 1898 WITH 3 OF MY GRANDMOTHERS BROTHERS AND SPENT SOME TIME ON ELLIS ISLAND, THEY CAME HERE LEGALLY AND NONE OF THEM EVER RECEIVED A PENNY FROM WELFARE, ALL WORKED THEIR ASSES OFF, SOME AS SHOEMAKERS OTHERS BUILDING THE NYC SEWER SYSTEM, ALL BECAME AMERICAN CITIZENS AND ALL SPOKE FLUENT ENGLISH. IF YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE A POINT, I FAIL TO SEE IT.
The point is: ALL Americans were immigrants and all needed help of some sort and ALL of us need to be compassionate and help our fellow man!

Haha Devil, that is precisely what immigrants want yet there is no way to earn it and it sounds like you never want to give them that chance. What will it be?

WildBill,

I can go all day on facts alone.

Should we start a new FACTS ONLY thread on illegal immigration?

I personally don't appreciate your insinuations. Rather than posting facts, you simply let us know that IN YOUR OPINION (which is wrong btw) we are full of nonsense.

Hardly facts from your end...

Because 'facts' as the anti-immigrant people call them are actually shams. I have studied this situation as part of a government task force in San Diego. We got fair facts and they showed without question immigrants, legal and illegal, provide slight economic benefits for society as a whole. We also read some surveys put to us by some crazed group that claimed their studies had true facts. They were incredibly biased to the point of being worthless. Then when our report came out, this group went to every media outlet and called us biased!

The facts are this, any economic survey can be created with clear biases either way. What we concluded was that a true answer can never be clearly determined, but the evidence suggests a net gain to society from illegal immigration. Those that claim they don't pay any taxes are either misguided or liars. Studies show that 80% or more of urban jobs held by illegals were obtained using some sort of documents. These aren't "cash" jobs, they are jobs where some amount of tax is being directly paid to the government. These illegals then don't file taxes so the money gets accepted by the government, but they act like they have no clue where it comes from. They gladly take it, but then give no credit for it being paid. The disingenious say well see, the illegals didn't pay their taxes, the government has no record of it. Is that a proper way to look at the situation? Further low wage workers are almost always eligible for earned income credit, all they have to do is file tax returns to get hundreds or thousands in tax refunds. Illegals don't get them. They actually would get a refund, not pay tax. Do these anti-immigration groups ever notice this?

Those that claim they drain public resources exaggerate like you wouldn't believe. If a classroom has 25 children in it and you add another, do you consider that cost to be the same as the first 25 children? Of course not, the quality of education might suffer slightly, but the cost doesn't go up as if it was one of the first few children. If an illegal goes to a hospital and runs up an inflated bill, should you recognize the "cost" as the inflated bill or the true cost of service? Inflated bills are what hospitals go crying to the government for. I'm sure you are aware if you are insured and go to the hospital you get charged in most cases less than half the uninsured price because your insurance company won't stand for inflated bills.

Then the last sham that I always get a laugh out of. As a society we all contribute to the cost of running the government. What we pay in sales taxes, property taxes, car taxes, etc. goes for all the costs or running the government. So why then if an illegal pays these taxes either directly or indirectly, why do local and state governments go to the Feds crying poverty when they should use the money illegals generate for public services? They don't go crying to the Feds if I generate a hospital bill I don't pay, why do it for illegals when they pay many of the same taxes I do?

The facts in a fair situation I would be glad to look at. But you can't just total up every cost you can find for an illegal and then claim they don't pay tax and they don't generate value to the economy. That sort of math is a joke, but some of these groups treat them as the gospel. Give me fair math and fair studies and I would be glad to look at them.

The Devil

EOG Master

Haha Devil, that is precisely what immigrants want yet there is no way to earn it and it sounds like you never want to give them that chance. What will it be?

Bill, are you serious? We have thousands of legal immigrants coming into this country on a daily basis. I don't know where you live, but come to New York and you can see every nationality in a ten block span.

Legal immigration is fine with me, I just don't think we should cater to their languages and I definetely don't think we should be giving anyone assistance as soon as they come off the boat.

I don't know if the numbers are true, but I heard you can take a learners permit in New york in 28 different languages.....that is bullshit, want to live here, learn the language.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Bill, are you serious? We have thousands of legal immigrants coming into this country on a daily basis. I don't know where you live, but come to New York and you can see every nationality in a ten block span.

Legal immigration is fine with me, I just don't think we should cater to their languages and I definetely don't think we should be giving anyone assistance as soon as they come off the boat.

I don't know if the numbers are true, but I heard you can take a learners permit in New york in 28 different languages.....that is bullshit, want to live here, learn the language.
If your grasp of politics is an indication of language capabilities, then we must need a 29th language for you!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

What assistance do they get "coming off the boat"? Even legal immigrants are supposed to get minimal support at best. They aren't just waltzing into the hospitals to get a checkup. Schools do accept them and that may have some cost, but would you prefer kids to be sitting at home doing nothing? Imagine what good that kid will be up to when he is 14 or 15.

There are plenty of illegals around Vegas, we see them all the time about 2 miles from my house in front of a nursery store offering day labor. We have large parts of what was the ghetto with signs mostly in Spanish. But guess what, that ghetto was a hell of a lot worse before immigrants moved in there. And those laborers wouldn't be out in front of that store if they never got offered work.

Further I really don't give a damn what language two people speak between themselves. I see all these people bitch and moan about people speaking Spanish, its hilarious. Do they really want to hear their gossip? I speak pretty good Spanish and can tell you 95% of the time they are talking about family issues or gossip, do others really need to hear and understand all that? In truth language skills are a barrier, not some sort of benefit for them. Many of them would give anything to learn English because it would be the path to a better job, but when you can't read or write sufficiently in your native language getting to English fluency isn't exactly something you just do on a whim. Most of them learn enough to get their needs across in a business transaction, what more do they really need to make you happy? Why do people always get so bent out of shape when there is a Spanish or other language option available when calling someone?

The Devil

EOG Master

If your grasp of politics is an indication of language capabilities, then we must need a 29th language for you!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool
:dancefool

TOUCHE ZZ, ONE THING I ALWAYS RESPECTED WAS SOMEONE WHO ASPIRED TO BE A LIFELONG BOOKMAKING CLERK.

:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool