What would happen if Athiests control the government?

jay28

EOG Dedicated
Again, this is just my opinions....

Atheists won't care about anyone. Because they don't believe on the existence of God and afterlife.

They can treat anyone bad and can commit a very biggest sin.

There are lots of Christian hospital and more active then atheists once. Religions Hospitals are more active and treat anyone without looking at the money. Will Atheists do the same, I don't really think so.

Religious schools shows kids attitude, how to deal with parents. And most of all, respect every living thing.

Religion is the most important part of the society, without it, it's like living like an animal.

dirty

EOG Master
Re: What would happen if Athiests control the government?

Jay you are full of shit. I am a Atheist and I care about plenty. Believing in a Invisible man living in the sky does not make you compassionate. And saying so is Ignorant

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Again, this is just my opinions....

Atheists won't care about anyone. Because they don't believe on the existence of God and afterlife.

They can treat anyone bad and can commit a very biggest sin.

There are lots of Christian hospital and more active then atheists once. Religions Hospitals are more active and treat anyone without looking at the money. Will Atheists do the same, I don't really think so.

Religious schools shows kids attitude, how to deal with parents. And most of all, respect every living thing.

Religion is the most important part of the society, without it, it's like living like an animal.
People of God have been doing such a good job up to now.....:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

No Death and destruction or War either.....it's a perfect world !!!!

jay28

EOG Dedicated

Dirty, I'm talking as in general. If you compare the average, there would be less Atheists who would probably be good and care for others.

dirty

EOG Master

I don't know how the average Atheist thinks, so I can't make an opinion on that. Neither do you. Who has went around talking to the Atheists and asking their opinions on things. I am friends with alot of them and they are Doctors, Nurses, Teachers, etc.... they all seem to be compassionate to me

jay28

EOG Dedicated

Dirty, if Atheists were so caring and loving people, there would be lots of hospital and homeless people places made by Atheists, but I can't find any. But I do see alot of Christians Hospitals and homeless places that were created by christians or others for people.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

I always hate to admit when Dirty is right......but he is. :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

dirty

EOG Master

Well Jay, Atheists are not attention whores and need their Name plastered over things so they can make money Tax Free Like Religious Organizations do. They just live their lives and do what they have to do to be good people. 90% of all Church affiliated organizations are that way for the TAX Shelter that the government gives them.

Religions Hospitals are more active and treat anyone without looking at the money.

WRONG

Hospitals are a BUSINESS. A religion-affiliated hospital will submit a Medicaid application and send an unpaid bill to collections faster than lightning.

Religious schools are a BUSINESS as well. A student's bad behavior that borders expulsion can always be fixed by a quick donation, that won't fly at a public school.

Don't make the common mistake of conflating religion with morals. One can be an atheist and have a sense of ethics and morality. Just as one can proclaim themselves "religious" and not have an ethical or moral bone in their body. . .

jay28

EOG Dedicated

Don't make the common mistake of conflating religion with morals. One can be an atheist and have a sense of ethics and morality. Just as one can proclaim themselves "religious" and not have an ethical or moral bone in their body. . .

This is true....

dirty

EOG Master

you got that right Jimmy. And to get help from a Religous Hospital you almost have to know someone there.

seedless

EOG Enthusiast

jay 28 said:

Government would function without religious theological bullshit getting in the way of lawmaking. This was the concept originally envisioned by Thomas Jefferson & James Madison.

from wiki.....
Separation of church and state is a political and legal doctrine which states that government and religious institutions are to be kept separate and independent of one another.

Overview of the principle

In the United States, the "Separation of Church and State" is generally discussed as political and legal principle derived from the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, which reads, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof . . . ." The phrase can be either descriptive or aspirational. In its descriptive sense, the phrase denotes the combined effect of the two religion clauses, in restricting government endorsement of religion, while further ensuring a degree of non-interference with free religious exercise. In its aspirational sense, the phrase denotes a politicial principle of good governmental practice.

Beliefs on the proper relationship between religion and government cover a wide spectrum, ranging between one end featuring complete secularization of government, and theocracy, in which the two are unified under one central leadership. Along this line, a number of distinctions and issues are raised. Perhaps the most primary is the division between the two distinct ideas of government secuarlization and church independence.

History of the term

The phrase "separation of church and state" is derived from a letter written by Thomas Jefferson to a group identifying themselves as the Danbury Baptists. In that letter, referencing the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, Jefferson writes: "I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, thus building a wall of separation between Church and State."

Another early user of the term was James Madison, the principal drafter of the United States Bill of Rights, who often wrote of "total separation of the church from the state" (1819 letter to Robert Walsh). "Strongly guarded . . . is the separation between religion and government in the Constitution of the United States," Madison wrote, and he declared, "practical distinction between Religion and Civil Government is essential to the purity of both, and as guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States" (1811 letter to Baptist Churches). This attitude is further reflected in the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom, originally authored by Thomas Jefferson, but championed by Madison, and guaranteeing that no one may be compelled to finance any religion or denomination.

... no man shall be compelled to frequent or support any religious worship, place, or ministry whatsoever, nor shall be enforced, restrained, molested, or burthened in his body or goods, nor shall otherwise suffer on account of his religious opinions or belief; but that all men shall be free to profess, and by argument to maintain, their opinion in matters of religion, and that the same shall in no wise diminish enlarge, or affect their civil capacities.
The United States Supreme Court has referenced the separation of church and state metaphor more than 25 times. The first instance was in 1878. In the Reynolds case the Court defended marriage as between a man and a woman and denied the free exercise claims of Mormons in the Utah territory. The Court never used the metaphor of a wall separating church and state again until 1947 when it was used by Justice Hugo Black in the Everson case. The term was used and defended heavily by the Court until the early 1970s. Since that time, the Court has sought to distance itself from the metaphor, often suggesting the metaphor conveys hostility to religion. In Wallace v. Jaffree, Justice Rehnquist presented the view that the establishment clause was intended to protect local establishments of religion from federal interference-- a view which diminished the strong separation views of the Court. Justice Scalia has criticized the metaphor as a bulldozer removing religion from American public life.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

'Conflating', I had to look it up. I am so, so impressed. Well done Sir!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool