What does a unit represent?

Fellini

EOG Member
Im really absorbing a lot from this forums, its fantastic. People here are friendly and helpful, its cool!

Im just wondering what a unit is. Im sure thats the amount you bet, but what does that represent?

Thanks

(btw, any opinions on 'Sports Interaction' service? Going to start a new account with them)

Thanks guy!

Fellini

EOG Member
Re: What does a unit represent?

NM I got it.

... but Im still open to the Sports Interaction suggestions.

Apple

Banned

for some people 1% of entire bankroll
for other people a pre determined amount of their bankroll..

I dont think you can find too much on sports interaction that you cant find for free around the net. I joined for a month during the CBB season and didnt find it all that useful. Be careful when they give you picks as well, they dont hit at a very good rate and their records can sometimes be misleading because they will do last 5 or last 10, etc.

footdocml

EOG Enthusiast

Fellini

A unit is simply what you feel comfortable betting. I was once told that you should take your entire bankroll and divide it by 80. So if you have 8000 bucks that you can afford to lose your unit ratings would equal 100 bucks. So a 3 unit play would be 300 bucks. When betting baseball it should be the amount that you risk. If you are playing the Red Sox -150 you are betting 300 to win 200. Never 450 to win 300.
Good luck

Fellini.....this is what I currently do.

Bucsfan -- play $50 per unit (2 and 3 unit plays only). Runline plays are
usually only $25 each.

Tony Montana -- 3 unit plays are $100 each, 2 unit plays $50 each.
Wizard of Wins -- $100 on his POD
Micelli -- $100 on his 2 unit plays
Smartz -- $100 on his 3 unit plays

Whatever you feel comfortable with is what I'd recommend setting your per unit bet at. I do not deviate from this, when I'm winning or losing.